Jace Amaro

sirlancemehlot

25 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

The TE position on this team is an embarrassment. A pass catching TE would help out the quarterback immensely. But oh well...

But, who would you sit to play him? You put him in, he is like a WR as everyone knows he can't block; which WR do you sit when you put him in? Plus, he had hands of stone...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, August said:

If he was that good why didn't they just IR him? Why not cut one of the other useless TE's we have on the roster to create space?

Davis was on a 1 yr deal and was placed on IR

MONDAY, 5:30pm: Davis has passed through waivers and been placed on the injured reserve, reports ESPN’s Adam Caplan 

Just now, bostonmajet said:

But, who would you sit to play him? You put him in, he is like a WR as everyone knows he can't block; which WR do you sit when you put him in? Plus, he had hands of stone...

Oh I agree on Amaro. Just see TE's around the league being such an integral part of the offense. With Decker out, the offense has become beyond predictable. Loved the razzle dazzle play in the red zone last week, but where was a play like that earlier in the year, like say the Chiefs game. It was beyond obvious that Fitz didn't have it in the second half of that game, not to mention that receivers couldn't separate. Yet the game remained close and we kept trying to force and force balls into the end zone. Matt Forte had scored THREE TD's the previous week against the Bills and was an afterthought in the red zone against the Chiefs. That game was the big turning point and ultimate downfall of this season.

27 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Oh I agree on Amaro. Just see TE's around the league being such an integral part of the offense. With Decker out, the offense has become beyond predictable. Loved the razzle dazzle play in the red zone last week, but where was a play like that earlier in the year, like say the Chiefs game. It was beyond obvious that Fitz didn't have it in the second half of that game, not to mention that receivers couldn't separate. Yet the game remained close and we kept trying to force and force balls into the end zone. Matt Forte had scored THREE TD's the previous week against the Bills and was an afterthought in the red zone against the Chiefs. That game was the big turning point and ultimate downfall of this season.

I don't know why this organization has not been able to get its act together at the TE position for like 30 years now.  It's been one debacle after another.

I had high hopes for Amaro but the guy was a total bust and problem child.  32 NFL Front Offices can't be wrong.

11 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I didn't know Tony Gonzalez in his prime was available 

Under these particular circumstances, my expectations as a fan is the FO to find a serviceable replacement after I already have to give them a mulligan for picking the wrong player in the first place. As a fan, the fact it was two different General Managers is of little concern to me. Part of the "fun" as a fan is, that I don't give a **** how you do it, make it work or gtfo. It's been one heaping pile of everlasting  bullsh*t for so long, I honestly don't care what the excuse is anymore. You want to cut your only NFL TE on the roster, fine, but find a ******* replacement, you all make a sh*tload of money in the FO, other good teams make it work. You **** nuts. 

Luckily for me, it's not my problem, since I don't even like the Jets. 

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Amaro has three catches for 59 yards this year and now he's all world?  lol  Not in my book.  Guy is a JAG-minus.

I deduct 500 points for the sh*tty draft pick and 300 points for cutting him without having someone else who can even comprehend the position at an NFL level. 

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I know.  After seeing the thread title I thought I had missed something.  lol

You're completely missing the point...the fact that, as bad as Jace Amaro sucks, this pathetic franchise still couldn't find anyone even comparable to his suck. 

2nd round pick the feather in the cap/cherry on top...

37 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You're completely missing the point...the fact that, as bad as Jace Amaro sucks, this pathetic franchise still couldn't find anyone even comparable to his suck. 

2nd round pick the feather in the cap/cherry on top...

No I get it.  The "why don't we have a TE?" discussion/b1tch session happens every game day at my house.  I was just commenting on Amaro being viewed as some sort of TE phenom now, which he isn't and will never be, IMO.

Archived