The NY Jets staff hate Geno Smith

johnnyjet

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Warfish said:

I don't even have to think about it, if I'm an NFL Head Coach, I pull any and every QB after they throw their 4th INT in a single game.  

I said it after the game, and still believe it, leaving Fitz in is a fireable offense IMO.  Bowles must loathe Geno Smith to let Fitz keep playing at that point.

Jokes aside I think he was hoping for a miracle comeback with the bearded one.  Further advance this Fitzmagic lore that fans have created.  Give something for the team to rally around. 

The question here isn't which QB do they like more as Fitz is the obvious answer.  Honestly I'm a little concerned with Bowles.  He has to make this decision based on what he's seeing - not who people like.

There seems to be way more Rex in him than people are willing to admit.

Just now, Warfish said:

If Bowles really thought that, he's dumber than Rex, and I'd fire his dumb ass today.

I hope, truly hope, he's not that stupid.  Fitz HAD to be pulled after INT #4.

I don't think Bowles is dumb. And I'm not sure after which pick I would have pulled him but I would have pulled him. Fitz basically said at the end of the game he wasn't concerned with stats but he dug himself into a hole and Bowles should have taken him out of it at least for that game. The CS should not go along with that kind of terrible judgement. 

Rightfully so. As bad as Fitz played yesterday, he is still not as bad as Geno. That is saying something. Fitz is the Jets quarterback for this year and if we kick the bucket early on the season - Petty will play.

GET OVER IT!!!

Exactly.

This isn't rocket science, it's simple football logic.

I can't believe there are people posting here who can't understand this.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Honestly I'm a little concerned with Bowles.  He has to make this decision based on what he's seeing - not who people like.

I wouldn't have agreed...till I saw what i saw yesterday.

There is no debate here, Fitz HAD to be pulled, he was historic levels of bad.  

Geno had to be played.  Why wasn't he, and no, "I hoped for a miracle" is not a legitimate option for an NFL Head Coach.

If the New York Sports media wasn't so inept and sh*t, Bowles would not be permitted to leave the Press Room today without answering, to all our satisfaction, that question.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Jokes aside I think he was hoping for a miracle comeback with the bearded one.  Further advance this Fitzmagic lore that fans have created.  Give something for the team to rally around. 

The question here isn't which QB do they like more as Fitz is the obvious answer.  Honestly I'm a little concerned with Bowles.  He has to make this decision based on what he's seeing - not who people like.

Why do we hire these underachievers and the it seems to be the right choice guys id much rather a Chip Kelly type of head coach I'm sick and tired of the mediocre fail safe guys like Rex and Bowles 

6 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

I don't understand how the two are related.

How does Ryan Fitzpatrick performing poorly make Geno Smith not suck?

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Says the guy who who has replied to every post discussing how poorly Fitz played with "Geno sucks"

36 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't know what the stats were for the Cincy game but he was ok and kept us in the game. That L was not on him. But yesterday it was. I also disagree on week 17 because those picks again were later in the game and the team was playing from behind. He didn't give the team that day a premier performance he was just fair to below average. A good org doesn't bench their starting qb esp after a great game due to a terrible performance even though it was classically bad. It's a candidate for worst ever by a Jets Qb but I have to give that to Geno against Buff. 

Fair to below average? That was maybe the worst performance I've ever seen by a QB, and I'm a Jet fan! 

46 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look you don't bench a starting Qb for one bad performance and it was real bad. But if it continues you do bench him. That was the second worst performance by a Qb of the Jets I can remember, the first of course Geno vs Buffalo.  Also in yesterday's game Fitz moved the chains and there was some success on drives. But in a Sanchezesque performance he made terrible decisions esp in the red zone and even though we were in the game he turned the ball over. I made a big deal last year that week 17 was not on one player. It was a group effort and the 3 picks were in the 4th quarter. But yesterday that L imo was mostly on Fitz. I think the D bent but didn't break for the most part and gave us a chance to get back into that game. I couldn't believe his bad judgment. 

Yesterday's performance by Fitz was BY FAR worse than the Geno game against Buffalo. especially since the Jets coaching staff told Geno to force the ball to Harvin open or not. I remember watching Eli's 0.0 QB rating game and though that was bad. This was much worse. It is actually the worst game I have ever seen a QB play. He through AT LEAST 10 intercerptable balls. He is Bowles guy but not Mac's or Gailey's will be an interesting staff meeting I think. Bowles is stubborn to a fault. He will want to keep trotting Fitz out there

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Fair to below average? That was maybe the worst performance I've ever seen by a QB, and I'm a Jet fan! 

See, to me, it's like baseball. If you're out of the game, you let your backups get some burn. It was clear that Fitzpatrick was in full 'choke' mode. So, why NOT let some of the backups get in there and get some burn?

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yesterday's performance by Fitz was BY FAR worse than the Geno game against Buffalo. especially since the Jets coaching staff told Geno to force the ball to Harvin open or not. I remember watching Eli's 0.0 QB rating game and though that was bad. This was much worse. It is actually the worst game I have ever seen a QB play. He through AT LEAST 10 intercerptable balls. He is Bowles guy but not Mac's or Gailey's will be an interesting staff meeting I think. Bowles is stubborn to a fault. He will want to keep trotting Fitz out there

So where is the quote on forcing the ball to Harvin. Even if not open. I won't argue about worst ever because yesterday was really bad. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

So where is the quote on forcing the ball to Harvin. Even if not open. I won't argue about worst ever because yesterday was really bad. 

I love this: the debate is about a performance Geno Smith had TWO PLUS YEARS ago. Ryan Fitzpatrick has had 3 INT in the fourth quarter in two of his last 4 starts!!!

And Geno Smith was pulled. Yet Ryan Fitzpatrick is allowed to throw as many INTs as possible with no accountability.

I don't know why Geno is still on the team. If they couldn't pull Fitz for him after the fourth interception, it's clear he's only here if Fitz loses a limb. Petty needs to get healthy, and needs to be promoted to #2, so that they have an option to go to that has some relevance to the future of this team when Fitz is absolutely crapping the bed. The defense gave up 10 points yesterday. That was a very winnable game with even a mediocre QB performance.

And Fitz was fortunate to throw only six interceptions yesterday. He was inaccurate all game. He needs to put his entire body into every throw, and the slightest pass rush takes that away from him. How about that pass into Clady's back? You could just watch the ball leave his hand wrong in throw after throw. Terrible. 

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

See, to me, it's like baseball. If you're out of the game, you let your backups get some burn. It was clear that Fitzpatrick was in full 'choke' mode. So, why NOT let some of the backups get in there and get some burn?

Totally agree on another board they are calling Bowles Fat Herm.. No emotion I think someone in his family was a Vulcan at least Hermie showed emotion..dancing-turkey.gif

Just now, slats said:

I don't know why Geno is still on the team. If they couldn't pull Fitz for him after the fourth interception, it's clear he's only here if Fitz loses a limb.

Todd Bowles must be held accountable for that today by the Sports Media.  Must.  

He must answer that question, and keep being asked it till he answers it directly without some bullsh*t coachspeak.

Just now, Warfish said:

He must answer that question, and keep being asked it till he answers it directly without some bullsh*t coachspeak.

all he has to say is, he thought fitz gives them the best chance to win.  it says he has faith in fitz (even if he didn't at a certain point) and that he has no faith in geno (even though he said he did in august).  look, there's a reason petty wasn't IR'd.  he is going to play when this season is out of hand, which could begin if they lose to seattle.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He was asked and answered that question after the game.  His thoughts were pretty clear on the subject

I think the progression on Fitz was that going into yesterday's game he was untouchable. He had that status. After 18 mostly good starts and a great game against Buff. But I agree they should have taken him out but after the game was lost to cut his losses. Late in the 4th quarter. But that status has changed now. If he is terrible against Seattle Bowles will take him out. Even earlier in the game. Because if he keeps throwing picks he does not give us our best chance to win. And that's what it's all about with Bowles. If he does lift Fitz in the Seattle game (and I'm hoping he reverts to form and plays intelligent football) I think Fitz remains the starter. And is on a short leash. 

Just now, Savage69 said:

Totally agree on another board they are calling Bowles Fat Herm.. No emotion I think someone in his family was a Vulcan at least Hermie showed emotion..dancing-turkey.gif

Yes, Chubby Herm. Here's the thing about Herm. His defenses actually played better after halftime. They played better as the season went on. Bowles has yet to get them to defend the WR screen, after three games. He's taken the supposed strength of the defense, the secondary, and has them playing like utter crap. And, really, the DL since Richardson has returned hasn't been all that impactful, but that's probably due to the inability to cover the WR screen.

In any event, the entire team, every unit, is playing sloppy. And, after 10 days to have a gameplan and wrinkles, there were none.

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Yes, Chubby Herm. Here's the thing about Herm. His defenses actually played better after halftime. They played better as the season went on. Bowles has yet to get them to defend the WR screen, after three games. He's taken the supposed strength of the defense, the secondary, and has them playing like utter crap. And, really, the DL since Richardson has returned hasn't been all that impactful, but that's probably due to the inability to cover the WR screen.

In any event, the entire team, every unit, is playing sloppy. And, after 10 days to have a gameplan and wrinkles, there were none.

Todd Bowles sh*t the bed yesterday he and his QB have taken this organization to lower levels than ever before. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles sh*t the bed yesterday he and his QB have taken this organization to lower levels than ever before. 

:-) 

Well, I wouldn't go that far, mostly because I remember Rich Kotite and some teams from the late 1970s. But this team appears to be underachieving and the same "after bye" affliction that Rex Ryan had seems evident.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

At least Sheldon had a half sack with Leo and Lee and Mauldin split one.. Mo's money belt may have slowed him down a tad..:)

15 minutes ago, phill1c said:

We were actually still in the game for the most part. And moving the ball. Bowles did not know what the outcome was going to be and thought maybe Fitz could turn it around. It's happened before. So while the game was on the line I think he was right to keep Fitz in. He should have taken him out later in the 4th quarter. But if this happens again like against Seattle, Bowles will lift him and faster. I don't think it was a reflection on Geno. Most HCs would stick with a starting Qb if the team still has a chance to win. And are reluctant to bench them esp if they played well before that.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Look you don't bench a starting Qb for one bad performance and it was real bad. But if it continues you do bench him. That was the second worst performance by a Qb of the Jets I can remember, the first of course Geno vs Buffalo.  Also in yesterday's game Fitz moved the chains and there was some success on drives. But in a Sanchezesque performance he made terrible decisions esp in the red zone and even though we were in the game he turned the ball over. I made a big deal last year that week 17 was not on one player. It was a group effort and the 3 picks were in the 4th quarter. But yesterday that L imo was mostly on Fitz. I think the D bent but didn't break for the most part and gave us a chance to get back into that game. I couldn't believe his bad judgment. 

I know Geno threw like 3 interceptions in a few series back to back. But weren't two of them longer passes? I don't remember but I thought they were under thrown deep balls. If either was on 3rd down you could call it a punt. We had a crappy punter back then I am sure lol.

Just kidding really. I am definitely not down for a debate on the worst QB performance of all time. Just hope no matter what they decide that we don't have to see anything like that ever again.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

:-) 

Well, I wouldn't go that far, mostly because I remember Rich Kotite and some teams from the late 1970s. But this team appears to be underachieving and the same "after bye" affliction that Rex Ryan had seems evident.

As bad as Kotite was I hated Lou Holtz even more..LOL

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

We were actually still in the game for the most part. And moving the ball. Bowles did not know what the outcome was going to be and thought maybe Fitz could turn it around. It's happened before. So while the game was on the line I think he was right to keep Fitz in. He should have taken him out later in the 4th quarter. But if this happens again like against Seattle, Bowles will lift him and faster. I don't think it was a reflection on Geno. Most HCs would stick with a starting Qb if the team still has a chance to win. And are reluctant to bench them esp if they played well before that.

Really? I didn't see that we were. I saw a lifeless offense that KC was fine to let run between the 20s. But, sure. we were "in the game..." until the last three INTs.

In fairness, Geno looked terrible in the preaseason games. He did nothing to instill confidence that he is better than fitz. Of course if fitz, cont to throw picks at a record pace a change will need to be made. To make things worse, Petty is still hurt apparently so he cannot help at this time either. What I don't understand is how teams like the cowboys, pats, and even the browns can throw out late round rookies who can play, but our second rounder is a redshirt and will not play at all this year???

18 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Really? I didn't see that we were. I saw a lifeless offense that KC was fine to let run between the 20s. But, sure. we were "in the game..." until the last three INTs.

You don't get red zone picks if you're not in a position on the field to score. If Bowles would have known he was going to throw picks he would have gone for short field goals. Believe me if this continues with Fitz, Geno will be playing and very soon. But you don't make a Qb change based on one game even a performance from hell like that one. 

As bad as Fitz was Gailey was even worse.  Your QB is off and your opponent has totally figured him out.  Why not use Forte and Powell more?  You're averaging 5+ yds a run and you keep asking Fitz to throw in the Red Zone?  I can't figure out if this is stupidity or stubbornness...

Archived