Looks like Jets will have a top 5 pick next draft

Kleckineau

51 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Of course who they pick will depend on whether or not Petty sees the field this year.

If he looks decent do they focus on rebuilding one of the worst secondarys in the league?

(I know. I hate 1st round DB's also.)

If he looks bad do they go after Watson? Kizer? 

I looked at some 2017 draft projections they have Kizer going to the Browns at 1 and Watson the 49'ers.. They have the Jets picking 18-19 I think that may be changed after yesterday..

58 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Of course who they pick will depend on whether or not Petty sees the field this year.

If he looks decent do they focus on rebuilding one of the worst secondarys in the league?

(I know. I hate 1st round DB's also.)

If he looks bad do they go after Watson? Kizer? 

Overreact much?

50 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

LOL.... this is completely foolish. The Jets will be FINE! If a trend continues off of last night then we can throw this around. Until then it's only one game!

I wish I had your confidence. What I saw yesterday was a team that will start 1-7 or 1-8 and never be competitive with the big teams they have to play. Is KC a great defense? No way. 3 points? LOL. 8 TO's?

Just now, ASH1962 said:

I wish I had your confidence. What I saw yesterday was a team that will start 1-7 or 1-8 and never be competitive with the big teams they have to play. Is KC a great defense? No way. 3 points? LOL. 8 TO's?

When the Jets got blown out in Oakland last year did you envision a 10 win team?

sh*t happens, this is the NFL. The Chiefs are a good team that won 11 games last year. Any given Sunday, we'll be ok.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah if we have a top 5 pick we'll take an fing corner back and ignore any top rated QB out there because we already have a good Qb prospect.

tumblr_lozdsb0bKx1qbnd1c.gif

I wouldn't imagine this being the case. Mac is hell bent on finding this team a quarterback and seems to be ready to draft one for the next 10 years in a row if he has to.

If a quarterback was there and worth taking, we'd take him.

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I wouldn't imagine this being the case. Mac is hell bent on finding this team a quarterback and seems to be ready to draft one for the next 10 years in a row if he has to.

If a quarterback was there and worth taking, we'd take him.

I bet we find any excuse not to take one high.  The one thing gms and teams hate worse than anything is to admit they were wrong a year after drafting a guy,  Will they stick with their draft a QB every year thing?  Yeah sure. they will draft a Qb but they don;t take one high and they won;t move up to get one.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I bet we find any excuse not to take one high.  The one thing gms and teams hate worse than anything is to admit they were wrong a year after drafting a guy,  Will they stick with their draft a QB every year thing?  Yeah sure. they will draft a Qb but they don;t take one high and they won;t move up to get one.

So far in Macs two seasons as GM there hasn't been a quarterback available at their first round pick worth the conversation (please don't say Paxton Lynch). If we draft high next year, which is never going to happen, maybe there's a qb worth talking about.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

So far in Macs two seasons as GM there hasn't been a quarterback available at their first round pick worth the conversation (please don't say Paxton Lynch). If we draft high next year, which is never going to happen, maybe there's a qb worth talking about.

So no further need for discussion if you preface it with your lynch comment.  We drafted about the worst Qb prospect in the draft last year in the 2nd round,  They pick one high until they are sure Hackenburg stinks as badly as he seems.

We shall see next draft.  I'll be monumentally shocked it we take a QB with our 1st pick where ever that may be.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

So no further need for discussion if you preface it with your lynch comment.  We drafted about the worst Qb prospect in the draft last year in the 2nd round,  They pick one high until they are sure Hackenburg stinks as badly as he seems.

We shall see next draft.  I'll be monumentally shocked it we take a QB with our 1st pick where ever that may be.

I would be pissed if they did, especially given the crop this year. Everybody after Watson looks meh

Just now, Rangers9 said:

This is not going to happen. At worst we are going to be 8-8. There is parity in the NFL this year and teams that look great one week are humbled the following week. Only a few like NEP look to be above the fray and will play consistently good football this year. 

they are not going 8-8.  after seattle they play at pittsburgh and at arizona, and they haven't played the pats yet.  the schedule is tough and they have a bottom 5 qb.  that does not translate to 8-8.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

they are not going 8-8.  after seattle they play at pittsburgh and at arizona, and they haven't played the pats yet.  the schedule is tough and they have a bottom 5 qb.  that does not translate to 8-8.

Pittsburgh got their ass kicked yesterday after looking to be a great team the first two weeks. Arizona is not playing well. We were not demolished yesterday we lost on turnovers and stupid play esp by the Qb. We can compete with these other teams and played ok against NEP last year. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

7-9. Dolphins twice, Browns, Pats once (because), Rams, Bills again. 7 wins

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

could be worse, if they start petty and there's growing pains.  then again, he simply can't do worse than yesterday, right?

So you want to give up on the season already. After one bad game. Or do you want to try to rebound and play a better game. And compete in 2016. As for Petty. It's not his time yet. If this continues with Fitz then I go to Geno first and then give Petty starts in December unless Geno is good. 

Archived