Looks like Jets will have a top 5 pick next draft

Kleckineau

Just now, Rangers9 said:

So you want to give up on the season already. After one bad game. Or do you want to try to rebound and play a better game. And compete in 2016. As for Petty. It's not his time yet. If this continues with Fitz then I go to Geno first and then give him starts in December unless Geno is good. 

nobody's giving up.  just attempting to forecast their record based on what may occur.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

nobody's giving up.  just attempting to forecast their record based on what may occur.

No reason why our CS and players can't do better than yesterday. We have the talent to win this year I think. In two games out of 3 we were competitive and outplayed the opponent. And other good teams are also losing games and some stinking the place up like the Steelers did yesterday. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

No reason why our CS and players can't do better than yesterday. We have the talent to win this year I think. In two games out of 3 we were competitive and outplayed the opponent. And other good teams are also losing games and some stinking the place up like the Steelers did yesterday. 

nearly every game the jets are at a disadvantage b/c their qb is worse than the other qb.  it means there's less margin for error everywhere else.  it means jalin can't fumble, powell can't fumble (even if it wasn't a fumble, hold onto it), marshall can't drop passes, etc.  there are simply too many games where the 'bad fitzy' shows up and it's too difficult to overcome.  aggregate talent usually isn't enough to compensate for turnovers and sub-par qb play.

If you really analyze that game yesterday we were in it. And not overpowered or outplayed by much. But nobody can win with that number of turnovers. You take away those turnovers esp the red zone ones and it's a close game. They did not run over our team they just played smarter and more error free. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

nearly every game the jets are at a disadvantage b/c their qb is worse than the other qb.  it means there's less margin for error everywhere else.  it means jalin can't fumble, powell can't fumble (even if it wasn't a fumble, hold onto it), marshall can't drop passes, etc.  there are simply too many games where the 'bad fitzy' shows up and it's too difficult to overcome.  aggregate talent usually isn't enough to compensate for turnovers and sub-par qb play.

I disagree. Yesterday yes, we lost mostly because of one player: the Qb. He was that bad. But over 18 other starts not that bad and sometimes very good. I think you go with 18 games over one. I did not think in previous games we were at a disadvantage at Qb. And that overall it was a positive on this team. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I disagree. Yesterday yes, we lost mostly because of one player: the Qb. He was that bad. But over 18 other starts not that bad and sometimes very good. I think you go with 18 games over one. I did not think in previous games we were at a disadvantage at Qb. And that overall it was a positive on this team. 

the bengals, chiefs, seahawks, steelers and cardinals all have better qbs than the jets.  that's 5.  they play the pats 2x, that's 7.  ravens and colts, 9.  tannehill is better than fitz, that's 11.  maybe, tyrod taylor is better than fitz.  that would bring it up to 13.  only the 49ers, browns and rams arguably have qbs worse than fitz.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the bengals, chiefs, seahawks, steelers and cardinals all have better qbs than the jets.  that's 5.  they play the pats 2x, that's 7.  ravens and colts, 9.  tannehill is better than fitz, that's 11.  maybe, tyrod taylor is better than fitz.  that would bring it up to 13.  only the 49ers, browns and rams arguably have qbs worse than fitz.

Let's see how the season goes and if Fitz can rebound from this. He had a great game against the Bills who yesterday beat Arizona soundly. And we were saying that Fitz was great and the Bills were horrible. I don't think he's a bad Qb but he was yesterday. The worst. Again with the Jets most of his starts have been good ones.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

When the Jets got blown out in Oakland last year did you envision a 10 win team?

sh*t happens, this is the NFL. The Chiefs are a good team that won 11 games last year. Any given Sunday, we'll be ok.

You're a constant among these threads. I don't know what's worse, people who start "fire everyone" threads, or people who shotgun cans of the koolaide. 

Just now, Paradis said:

You're a constant among these threads. I don't know what's worse, people who start "fire everyone" threads, or people who shotgun cans of the koolaide. 

I'm in the middle and most definitely lead towards the homer side. If we're 1-5 post-Arizona trip, let's bug out... but this happens to us almost once a season - we lay a huge duck on the road. 

It's not time to freak out just yet.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

I'm in the middle and most definitely lead towards the homer side. If we're 1-5 post-Arizona trip, let's bug out... but this happens to us almost once a season - we lay a huge duck on the road. 

It's not time to freak out just yet.

Sorry, but you lost me in the other thread at "Give Fitz the whole season, he earned it"... What a load of sh*t. He earned the opportunity to start the season and that's it. Aaron Rodgers has earned the right to have a sh*tty season. Fitz has had 9 out of 11 seasons of crap. He was bound to regress, and it's happening right now. 

Don't make decisions based on how much you hate the other guy. Just make decisions on who's actually playing. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Sorry, but you lost me in the other thread at "Give Fitz the whole season, he earned it"... What a load of sh*t. He earned the opportunity to start the season and that's it. Aaron Rodgers has earned the right to have a sh*tty season. Fitz has had 9 out of 11 seasons of crap. He was bound to regress, and it's happening right now. 

Don't make decisions based on how much you hate the other guy. Just make decisions on who's actually playing. 

Fitz lost us last game and played a huge role in winning against Buffalo, throwing for almost 400 yards. He has earned the right to not get benched after one game, as horrendous as it might have been. If the trend continues after KC then bench him.

For the record, I don't hate Geno. I just know how bad he is. Fitz is better, maybe we will get to find out if Petty is better than both of them this year.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Fitz lost us last game and played a huge role in winning against Buffalo, throwing for almost 400 yards. He has earned the right to not get benched after one game, as horrendous as it might have been. If the trend continues after KC then bench him.

For the record, I don't hate Geno. I just know how bad he is. Fitz is better, maybe we will get to find out if Petty is better than both of them this year.

He ought to get the start in SEA, yes. What I'm saying is, management should have (and i'm sure they did) knew this was possible. Fitz has never put back to back season together of mediocrity even. So they better be prepared to roll someone else out there. If we're still vying for playoffs, then roll Geno out (he never threw 6 picks in a game bro, take away the smile and beard - and they're not much different)... if playoffs are toast, then get Petty out there to see if he's worth rostering next year. 

I guess what I'm saying is, Fitz was that bad. The kind of bad that "pops the bubble"

I'm not going to call this a lost season just yet, but if we defer to Jets history and this turns into one of "those seasons", the most likely sequence of events would be the following:  Jets go on major loosing streak, look to be in position for a top pick.  Late in the year, Jets give Petty his shot, and pick up some late season wins.  Their draft pick of course drops, which will make some unhappy, but it also seems worth it because Petty looks at least solid, so fans are of course excited, but pissed the switch wasn't made much earlier.  Next year Petty goes in as the starter and, as it turns out, is awful.  Hackenberg gets his shot late in the year and does not look good either, but gets excused for not being expected to play in year 3, so will get another shot... which will go about as you'd expect.  Somewhere in there you can mix in a new random mediocre old veteran, and probably another bust pick, as the cycle continues.

Or maybe the Jets can just go ahead and pull their collective heads out of their asses.  That'd be a nice change of pace.

25 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

In 3 of the last 4 games he has been horrible

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Really? Who knew about Wentz before the draft last year?

I didn't see a damn thing about him til the weeks leading up to the draft...maybe another Wentz like prospect emerges.

or maybe petty plays well.  i thought he passed the eye test in preseason, at least that's something.

43 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would be pissed if they did, especially given the crop this year. Everybody after Watson looks meh

We took a meh QB in the 2nd round last year, meanwhile a lot of the guys taken much later have looked from semi competent (Brissette, Kessler to phenominal Wentz (1st rounder), Prescott)

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

In 3 of the last 4 games he has been horrible

He wasn't horrible in 3 out of 4. He was ok vs Cincy (and wasn't the reason we lost the game so give me a break), he was C- on on week 17, and only horrible in his entire Jets career yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

He wasn't horrible in 3 out of 4. He was ok vs Cincy (and wasn't the reason we lost the game so give me a break), he was C- on on week 17, and only horrible in his entire Jets career yesterday. 

Fitz choked with 3 picks in the 4th quarter against the Bills. The playoffs were on the line. That is horrible.

Fitz hit 54% of his passes against Cincy at home. That is not ok.

Yesterday was the performance I have eve withnessed by a NY Jets QB after 5 decades of watching. 

Too many around here accept mediocre play at the most important position in pro football. Fitz is not even mediocre.

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

Fitz choked with 3 picks in the 4th quarter against the Bills. The playoffs were on the line. That is horrible.

Fitz hit 54% of his passes against Cincy at home. That is not ok.

Yesterday was the performance I have eve withnessed by a NY Jets QB after 5 decades of watching. 

Too many around here accept mediocre play at the most important position in pro football. Fitz is not even mediocre.

he plays worse vs better teams.  cincy and kc are better than the out out division opponents they had last year.

Look, I'm not going to get into a battle with the Fitz haters because it's a road to nowhere. In this case they are right about yesterday. But overall he has played well and won 11 games. And the Bengals game was not a bad game for him. Not every contest a Qb is going to chalk up 300 yards. And guys get picked off esp late in the 4th quarter when their team trails. Sometimes you have to throw into traffic but yesterday was brutal.  Let's see what happens on Sunday and over the next few weeks but I know that's impossible because we've been hearing this from you for two seasons now. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, I'm not going to get into a battle with the Fitz haters because it's a road to nowhere. In this case they are right about yesterday. But overall he has played well and won 11 games. And the Bengals game was not a bad game for him. Not every contest a Qb is going to chalk up 300 yards. And guys get picked off esp late in the 4th quarter when their team trails. Sometimes you have to throw into traffic but yesterday was brutal.  Let's see what happens on Sunday and over the next few weeks but I know that's impossible because we've been hearing this from you for two seasons now. 

Fitzpatrick is driving the bus on the road to nowhere no argument needed.

Archived