Seattle Week

nj meadowlands

Man, some of you guys are pretty insufferable after losses. Newsflash: anyone who says yesterday (or Week 1) was "one of the top 5 most excruciating Jet losses I've ever seen" is either more histrionic than TomShane during the Bacheolorette, or 8 years old.  Get over it.

Anyway, onto Seattle.  Jets have a huge task at home next Sunday at MetLife, where they have actually been pretty good lately. Seattle travels well and obviously now has a huge bandwagon following, so there will probably be at least 15,000 Seahawks fans pissing on SAR I's 1994 5-series. Should be a live atmosphere. AND - @Maxman will be baptizing his new RV, so I really don't see how we lose.

Who will be the player of the game? I'm saying Darron Lee.  Guy is a monster.

Go Jets.

1-3 is pretty much a given.  Optimism is fine, if it's based on something.  

The Defense is bottom half of league, the DB's amongst the leagues worst so far.

The offense looks old and tired, the WR's mostly hurt or slow, Forte already getting overworked, and Fitz was as abad as any QB in NFL history yesterday.

And now we play one of the best D's in the NFL.  Seattle should blow us out of the water unless they "look past" us badly or have trouble traveling to the East Coast (a thing for west Coast teams at times).

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The Defense is bottom half of league, the DB's amongst the leagues worst so far.

The offense looks old and tired, the WR's mostly hurt or slow, Forte already getting overworked, and Fitz was as abad as any QB in NFL history yesterday.

And now we play one of the best D's in the NFL.  Seattle should blow us out of the water unless they "look past" us badly or have trouble traveling to the East Coast (a thing for west Coast teams at times).

Holding you to this....we will see

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Way to hedge your bets.

Seattle should blow us out of the water.

But if they don't it's because they looked past us, had an issue traveling from coast to coast.  Can't be that the Jets might play well, impossible.

How did you leave out Wilsons leg?  Lol

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

All things that are true.  But I believe you've seen enough Jet football to agree with my statement about our first two losses...

Here's the thing. The Jets pretty much played as poorly as I have seen them play all season. Turnovers were a HUGE problem. But they were also very much in the game for pretty much all of the game. So as badly as they played, and with all the giveaways, the Chiefs still could not put this team away until around 4 mins. were left in the game and they got that INT returned for a TD. 

I would not be at all surprised if the Jets beat Seattle this Sunday.  

the jets will probably win sunday because that is what they do. They lose games they should win and will occasionally pull wins out against teams they have no business beating, they usually do one a year, usually at home (2015- pats, 2014 steelers with vick starting, 2013 Saints with geno smith starting)

19 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Here's the thing. The Jets pretty much played as poorly as I have seen them play all season. Turnovers were a HUGE problem. But they were also very much in the game for pretty much all of the game. So as badly as they played, and with all the giveaways, the Chiefs still could not put this team away until around 4 mins. were left in the game and they got that INT returned for a TD. 

I would not be at all surprised if the Jets beat Seattle this Sunday.  

+1

The Jets and Fitz could literally not have played any worse and we were in this game all the way until the end. This is going to be an interesting game and could have heavy implications on where we're heading for the rest of the year.

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hey Warfish there's an invitation to my daughters wedding in the post. Please discard it & don't come. I don't wanna hear..." it'll never last... the guys a banker " you saw what happened to wall st in 08. Their kids will end up looking like her dad & have no chance in life.

I like our chances sunday.

We have enough talent. If Bowles and this coaching staff wanna lower the temperature of the hot seat, and show that they're worth a damn, win two out of the next 3. 

The Cardinals and Seahawks aren't as good as they've been. Steelers just got destroyed by Philly. Make it happen or start ti feel the heat. 

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

We have enough talent. If Bowles and this coaching staff wanna lower the temperature of the hot seat, and show that they're worth a damn, win two out of the next 3. 

The Cardinals and Seahawks aren't as good as they've been. Steelers just got destroyed by Philly. Make it happen or start ti feel the heat. 

Fitz has under performed in 3 of his last 4 starts....not trending well

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

Fitz has under performed in 3 of his last 4 starts....not trending well

I don't have a lot of hope for this reason. But, the rest of the team is talented enough to pull out one or two of the next three, if the coaches can gameplan them to a couple of wins. And im not even blaming the kc loss on the coaches, as the day fitz had with jalins fumble td are mountains any team cant overcome.

3 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Man, some of you guys are pretty insufferable after losses. Newsflash: anyone who says yesterday (or Week 1) was "one of the top 5 most excruciating Jet losses I've ever seen" is either more histrionic than TomShane during the Bacheolorette, or 8 years old.  Get over it.

Anyway, onto Seattle.  Jets have a huge task at home next Sunday at MetLife, where they have actually been pretty good lately. Seattle travels well and obviously now has a huge bandwagon following, so there will probably be at least 15,000 Seahawks fans pissing on SAR I's 1994 5-series. Should be a live atmosphere. AND - @Maxman will be baptizing his new RV, so I really don't see how we lose.

Who will be the player of the game? I'm saying Darron Lee.  Guy is a monster.

Go Jets.

Agreed. This is going to be one of the best crowds of the season...coming off the brutal loss, and the fact that the schedule makers only gave us two games in the first six when the weather is pleasant....we're going to have a younger, more drunk crowd full of people who actually want to stand up and cheer on third downs. 

Just saw a tweet that Russ might not play....that'll be huge for us. 

Go Jets. 

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

people are kind of forgetting about the D b/c of how awful Fitz was.  Boykin could tear us apart if the D keeps playing like it has.

The D let up 10 points in KC.  With the fans and 8 turnovers working against them.  

The D is not a concern in the slightest.  Unless we're concerned with them turning on Fitz or Bowles.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The D let up 10 points in KC.  With the fans and 8 turnovers working against them.  

The D is not a concern in the slightest.  Unless we're concerned with them turning on Fitz or Bowles.

Actually the KC stadium wasn't if close to be full...Jets came out flat and stayed that way the entire game.  If I'm Bowles - I would be screaming at the fellas today and making them run gassers until they pass out.

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

don't be fooled by the 10 points, if not for a fluky play it was 17.  KC's O could do what they want whenever they wanted.

we have elite defensive talent, we have not yet played anywhere near elite defensive football.

9 minutes ago, peebag said:

Actually the KC stadium wasn't if close to be full...Jets came out flat and stayed that way the entire game.  If I'm Bowles - I would be screaming at the fellas today and making them run gassers until they pass out.

Bowles bears responsibility for that, far too often we see this team come out flat and yesterday they stayed flat most of the game against a very beatable opponent.  we were thoroughly outcoached and outplayed yesterday.

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

If I'm Woody, I make Bowles run with 'em.

But sure, everyone should be accountable.  

Think about it though.  8 turnovers!  Complete sh!t from the QB.  Horrible passes even when not throwing INTs.  Most defenses would've crumbled.  And I wouldn't blame them either.  

This was actually a spectacular game from the D.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Warfish is the man. Totally. I am in 100% agreement here. Anyone that can simply just smile, say "forget it, that was yesterday", and move on after watching 8 turnovers (not apple turnovers either), 6 ints, a fumbled kickoff right into the hands of the opponent for a TD, and a pick 6 to top it off where #81 that everyone is praising had the chance to tackle the interceptor and wussed out, cannot be a real hardcore Jet fan. My stomach still hurts from that crap last night. Watching that $hit was like eating moldy bread with rancid puke on it. Disgusting. While the D only gave up 10 points, they were on their heels all game long against a mediocre offense as they have been all season thus far; I mean who have they stopped? The answer is nobody.

What would the score have been yesterday had they played at NE? LOL, 75-3? You know BB would have run up the score so badly it would have been 10 times more pathetic than it really was.

The Jet's are going to beat a hobbled, one-legged Russel Wilson led Seattle for a 1pm East-coast game that will reinvigorate the fanbase, which will follow up by a proper curb-stomping by Pittsburgh and a shellacking on national tv by Bowles' old team.  I think that is pretty much given. Going to finish at best, 9-6, with tie-breakers already given up to KC and Cinci.  It's not being negative after a loss, it's just the odds, and it's kinda sh*tty knowing you aren't going to make the playoffs prior to week 4. Still gonna watch and hope I'm wrong, but hard to beat the odds. 

36 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

The Jet's are going to beat a hobbled, one-legged Russel Wilson led Seattle for a 1pm East-coast game that will reinvigorate the fanbase, which will follow up by a proper curb-stomping by Pittsburgh and a shellacking on national tv by Bowles' old team.  I think that is pretty much given. Going to finish at best, 9-6, with tie-breakers already given up to KC and Cinci.  It's not being negative after a loss, it's just the odds, and it's kinda sh*tty knowing you aren't going to make the playoffs prior to week 4. Still gonna watch and hope I'm wrong, but hard to beat the odds. 

Its a negative fan base. I remember last year after being 5-5 and losing to the Texans how we were all dead etc etc. Then they win 5 straight to include the Pats and only needed a win and in to make the playoffs. Yes we know how that went but my point is, season is a long season.

The season is very long.  We don't know what we don't know.  Players will get hurt, and others will emerge.

What I do see though is evidence of what I was fearing-that the Jets benefitted last year from a 4-12 prior year schedule and a new coach and QB.  Teams did not know how to prepare for the Jets.  The Jets 2016 opponents have analyzed the 2015 film in minute detail, and they know how to play against the Jets (at least the well-coached teams).

But the Jets are a better match against the Seahawks, but the Jets better bring their A game.  West Coast teams typically underperform at 1 pm on the East Coast.

They obviously need to win this game, particularly because they lost Cincy,

Seattle's Oline has been abysmal and Wilson will be playing with a sprained knee. The key to this game is stuffing Christine Michael and hitting Wilson early and often. 

The O has to flip the script from this week and turn some defensive turnovers into "easy" points. I see the Jets winning a 16-13 type game. 

As the week goes on, many here will expect the Jets to rebound in a big way against a good team.  This is often the case with an inconsistent team.

I, however, think that the opposite is also in play here.  Don't be surprised if the Jets have a beat down hangover and come out flat and get their teeth kicked in again.

Archived