Jump to content

PFF: Fitz earned lowest grade ever by QB vs Chiefs


Paradis
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick named AFC Offensive Player of The Week.

6 days later "cut him now!"

Mike Maccagnan Named NFL Executive of The Year.

3 games later "get me a bi-plane and a banner!"

I thought you were a loyal fan.  Or, at the very least, a rational human being.

SAR I

YOU inserted the words not me. 

Is that what your thinking but dont have the guts to say it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

mccags is doing things the right way, finally. the problem is we want results quicker, and after last year's 10-6 mirage vs. crap, many expected we'd simply pick up where we left off.  but that's when fitz reverted back to himself, marshall drops key passes, revis gets torched, and the vets who were doing all this talking in august are not the guys to take the team to the next level.  and that's a harsh realization for these guys as well as their teammates, that these vets/leaders can't get it done.  the team chemistry will change a lot this year, esp. when petty takes over.  

Perfectly stated and covers what's really wrong with this team and our quirky fanbase.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

YOU inserted the words not me. 

Is that what your thinking but dont have the guts to say it. 

Wha?  I think you need to step away from the keyboard, sir.  Take a nap.  Drink some warm milk.

And if you knew my past on other forums, I was the first to want Testaverde, Edwards, Pennington, Mangini, and Ryan kicked to the curb.  Not this time.  I can see the bigger picture Maccagnan has in store and it's going to be good.

This wasn't going to be a playoff season.  I am truly sorry you are the last to know. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wha?  I think you need to step away from the keyboard, sir.  Take a nap.  Drink some warm milk.

And if you knew my past on other forums, I was the first to want Testaverde, Edwards, Pennington, Mangini, and Ryan kicked to the curb.  Not this time.  I can see the bigger picture Maccagnan has in store.

This wasn't going to be a playoff season.  I am truly sorry you are the last to know. 

SAR I

SAR I take your own advice we dont need yours. 

What we saw on the field yesterday was a pathetic football team lacking a leader on the field QB and a leader off the field HEAD COACH 

We want results we want  improvements not the same old Jets that we been having the last 47 years 

Other teams go with no name unproven rookie QBs why not us 

Fitzpatrick is bleeding the life out of us admit it he sucks and this team is not fun to watch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I take your own advice we dont need yours. 

What we saw on the field yesterday was a pathetic football team lacking a leader on the field QB and a leader off the field HEAD COACH 

We want results we want  improvements not the same old Jets that we been having the last 47 years 

Other teams go with no name unproven rookie QBs why not us 

Fitzpatrick is bleeding the life out of us admit it he sucks and this team is not fun to watch 

The odds are strong that Ryan Fitzpatrick will play very well on Sunday and lead us to a 34-24 win over the Seahawks.  It's what journeyman quarterbacks do.  Up and down.  Unpredictable. 

I'm fine with the Jets starting an unproven rookie, the last two times we did that in '98 and '09 we made the playoffs, but clearly Jets management doesn't believe that Petty or Hackenberg is ready.

You do need my advice.  Please heed it.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The odds are strong that Ryan Fitzpatrick will play very well on Sunday and lead us to a 34-24 win over the Seahawks.  It's what journeyman quarterbacks do.  Up and down.  Unpredictable. 

Is it really unpredictable?  

Perhaps Fitz is unpredictable vs average and worse teams.

But any time going into a game vs what would be considered an above average team, Fitz is anything but unpredictable.  His performance is very, very predictable.

Luckily Seattle (with or without) Wilson this year qualifies as average at best.  So this falls under the unpredictable category.

If I had to guess, Fitz bounces back and gets the W.  He's a crap QB, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have heart.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The odds are strong that Ryan Fitzpatrick will play very well on Sunday and lead us to a 34-24 win over the Seahawks.  It's what journeyman quarterbacks do.  Up and down.  Unpredictable. 

I'm fine with the Jets starting an unproven rookie, the last two times we did that in '98 and '09 we made the playoffs, but clearly Jets management doesn't believe that Petty or Hackenberg is ready.

You do need my advice.  Please heed it.

SAR I

Rick Mirer Neil O'Donnell say hello 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I love the strategy Mike Maccagnan is developing. 

In a year where you can't get a Top 3 sure-thing QB prospect, you find the very best quarterback who played in the neverland of "not a pro system" in college, someone who has all the physical tools, and you coach him into the pro-style system that he didn't experience.

The upside here is enormous, if Petty or Hackenberg play in the NFL like they flashed in these non-pro systems in college we'll strike gold.  The downside here is time.  To take a guy like this and mold him into a pro-style talent it takes a few years and you have to carry a couple to hedge your bet. 

Love the Petty and Hackenberg selections, let's see how this plays out later this season and next summer.

SAR I

Except, Hackenberg did play in a pro-system, and he did not flash, he was awful.  And, he could have been had in the 5th, the 4th if you wanted to reach.

Petty is a different story, and is in line with what you're speaking about.  Regarding him, I agree.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gEYno said:

Except, Hackenberg did play in a pro-system, and he did not flash, he was awful.  And, he could have been had in the 5th, the 4th if you wanted to reach.

Petty is a different story, and is in line with what you're speaking about.  Regarding him, I agree.

uh, hack was excellent in the pro system, he won big ten freshman of the year in bill o'brien's system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

uh, hack was excellent in the pro system, he won big ten freshman of the year in bill o'brien's system. 

Hackenberg was never "excellent."  He was okay, and made to look much better than he was by Allen Robinson.  You need to make a ton of excuses for why he sucked in the following two years to justify the pick, but he was horrid, and has been thus far as a Jet.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Hackenberg was never "excellent."  He was okay, and made to look much better than he was by Allen Robinson.  You need to make a ton of excuses for why he sucked in the following two years to justify the pick, but he was horrid, and has been thus far as a Jet.

Hack looked decent in his freshman season thats it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

And just what do you think the Jets are "trying to do" this season?  Here, I'll tell you:

We are trying to go 7-9 as respectfully and positively as we can, we are trying to appease older vets and an impatient fanbase with the best QB we can find on the scrap heap, we are trying to buy a little time so when Bryce Petty is inserted around Thanksgiving he is prepared.

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't our problem.  The fact that every QB prospect we draft and rush into service busts, is.  If you want to point a finger at a QB for our woes, point it straight at Geno Smith who was drafted to be our franchise quarterback by now and has failed miserably.  Fitzpatrick is a JAG playing like a JAG, there are no expectations that he's capable of leading us to the playoffs.

SAR I

What part of this do you actually believe?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

And just what do you think the Jets are "trying to do" this season?  Here, I'll tell you:

We are trying to go 7-9 as respectfully and positively as we can, we are trying to appease older vets and an impatient fanbase with the best QB we can find on the scrap heap, we are trying to buy a little time so when Bryce Petty is inserted around Thanksgiving he is prepared.

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't our problem.  The fact that every QB prospect we draft and rush into service busts, is.  If you want to point a finger at a QB for our woes, point it straight at Geno Smith who was drafted to be our franchise quarterback by now and has failed miserably.  Fitzpatrick is a JAG playing like a JAG, there are no expectations that he's capable of leading us to the playoffs.

SAR I

No he wasn't. Stop trying to push this false narrative. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rick Mirer Neil O'Donnell say hello 

Welcome to July.  Want to join us in October?

You are acting like someone who is surprised that the Jets are 1-2 with erratic quarterback play, rookies who aren't stepping up, a secondary that is porous, and a head coach making mental mistakes.  Like this wasn't discussed ad nauseum all summer.  This was about as easy to predict as a US gold medal in Basketball.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Except, Hackenberg did play in a pro-system, and he did not flash, he was awful.  And, he could have been had in the 5th, the 4th if you wanted to reach.

Petty is a different story, and is in line with what you're speaking about.  Regarding him, I agree.

On Hackenberg, I believe the narrative is that in his freshman year he was in Bill O'Brien's pro-system, flashed, and then due to Penn State's sanctions was thrust into a non-pro system under a weak head coach leading a crippled roster into the abyss.

This is why I believe Maccagnan believes Petty and Hackenberg are similar in their systemic experience and physical skillset.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Except, Hackenberg did play in a pro-system, and he did not flash, he was awful.  And, he could have been had in the 5th, the 4th if you wanted to reach.

Petty is a different story, and is in line with what you're speaking about.  Regarding him, I agree.

Hackenberg rant the pats offense as an 18 QB.  Well. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

What part of this do you actually believe?  

All of it.

1.  It's up to the Jets FO to try to make the playoffs but deep down they know this isn't the year.

2.  Geno Smith is the culpable party for yesterday's Kansas City loss as it is his failure to take the QB1 job that put Ryan Fitzpatrick under center in Missouri.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, King P said:

No he wasn't. Stop trying to push this false narrative. 

ORLY?  A history lesson:

Pre-draft

Smith received an invitation to the Scouting Combine where his performance was well received by scouts who highlighted his athleticism and strong arm[16] but noted his ball placement needed improvement.[17] Smith was widely regarded as one of the top prospects alongside EJ Manuel of Florida State.[18] In the days leading up to the draft, several NFL teams expressed interest in Smith including the Kansas City Chiefs (No. 1 selection), the Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 2 selection), the Oakland Raiders (No. 3 selection), the Philadelphia Eagles (No. 4 selection), the Buffalo Bills (No. 8 selection), and the New York Jets (No. 9 and No. 13 selections).[19]

Draft and Signing

Smith was in attendance for the first round of the draft as many analysts and scouts expected him to be taken that night[22] however he was not selected; EJ Manuel was the lone quarterback taken in the first round.[23] Smith declined to be interviewed by ESPN afterwards and originally planned to return home but later decided to attend the second day of the draft.[23] Several league executives alleged Smith did not handle the draft process in a professional manner which caused him to fall out of the first round[24] while analysts pointed to his late-season decline as a senior at West Virginia, which exposed his flaws, as the primary reason.[25] The following day, the Jets expressed interest in trading up in the second round to select Smith but couldn't consummate a trade.[26] Despite this, Smith remained available and the Jets selected him with the 39th overall pick.[27] General manager John Idzik, following the selection, stated Smith would compete with incumbent Mark Sanchez in training camp to determine the starting quarterback.[28]

Smith fired his agency, Select Sports Group, upon the completion of the draft and sought new representation.[29] He signed with Roc Nation Sports on May 22, 2013 with Kimberley Miale serving as his representative.[30]

SAR I

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

ORLY?  A history lesson

You can save your little history lesson for somebody else, but I remember that draft very well.

Yes Geno Smith was considered the best QB of that class. That does not mean he was looked at as a franchise QB. And he certainly wasn't looked at as one by the Jets. News Flash: Franchise QBs don't make it past the 1st round.

If the Jets looked at Geno as a franchise QB, then why didn't we draft him in the 1st round? We had 2 picks and we passed him up twice.... TWICE! You don't do that with franchise QB's.

Anytime you draft a QB past the 1st round, you are essentially bargain hunting. That's what the Jets did. Looked at Geno and said "well he's available, why not?" and picked him to see what happens. You don't do that if you believe a QB has franchise potential, regardless of where others rate them.

So no, he wasn't drafted to be the franchise savior. He was drafted on the basis of "well I don't look at him as a bonafide franchise QB, but he has talent and has potential. So eff it, why not take a shot?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Luckily Seattle (with or without) Wilson this year qualifies as average at best.  So this falls under the unpredictable category.

 

Agree with your points but would argue that Seattle's Defense is above average.  They should give Fitz trouble based on his history...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Agree with your points but would argue that Seattle's Defense is above average.  They should give Fitz trouble based on his history...

Oh yeah absolutely.  Seattle's D is top notch.  

It's just a pattern that has been here since Fitz has been here.  If a team overall is better than average (whether it's the D or O that makes them good), we lose 100% of the time.  If the opponent is average or worse, it's a toss up.

I don't understand why.  Fitz just has some limitation that prevents him from playing well vs a good team.

And yesterday shows whatever disorder he has is getting much, much worse.

Luckily Seattle, traveling here and potentially w/o Wilson should be considered average overall at best.  Fitz may not have a great game vs that D.  But he shouldn't (hopefully) cause the loss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Oh yeah absolutely.  Seattle's D is top notch.  

It's just a pattern that has been here since Fitz has been here.  If a team overall is better than average (whether it's the D or O that makes them good), we lose 100% of the time.  If the opponent is average or worse, it's a toss up.

I don't understand why.  Fitz just has some limitation that prevents him from playing well vs a good team.

And yesterday shows whatever disorder he has is getting much, much worse.

Luckily Seattle, traveling here and potentially w/o Wilson should be considered average overall at best.  Fitz may not have a great game vs that D.  But he shouldn't (hopefully) cause the loss.

the good defensive teams take away what he wants to do and make him do what he's not good at.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The odds are strong that Ryan Fitzpatrick will play very well on Sunday and lead us to a 34-24 win over the Seahawks.  It's what journeyman quarterbacks do.  Up and down.  Unpredictable. 

I'm fine with the Jets starting an unproven rookie, the last two times we did that in '98 and '09 we made the playoffs, but clearly Jets management doesn't believe that Petty or Hackenberg is ready.

You do need my advice.  Please heed it.

SAR I

You misunderstand the reasons behind Fitz's good and bad performances. He hasn't performed well due to "luck"  He performs well when he has a dominant D, great weapons and is playing a bad defense (or else the opposing QB gets completely down by our D so that their D gets tired). He performs poorly when he is playing a good defense, the QB is average or above and we're.

Suffice to say, if Wilson is close to his usual self come Sunday, Fitz can't perform well enough for us to win. It's nothing to do with "unpredictability" or his being a "journeyman". He just isn't good enough to play a good D when a good QB is playing on the other side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, elgoman said:

You misunderstand the reasons behind Fitz's good and bad performances. He hasn't performed well due to "luck"  He performs well when he has a dominant D, great weapons and is playing a bad defense (or else the opposing QB gets completely down by our D so that their D gets tired). He performs poorly when he is playing a good defense, the QB is average or above and we're.

Suffice to say, if Wilson is close to his usual self come Sunday, Fitz can't perform well enough for us to win. It's nothing to do with "unpredictability" or his being a "journeyman". He just isn't good enough to play a good D when a good QB is playing on the other side.

He defeated the New England Patriots at MetLife Stadium last year.  I think you enjoyed it.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

And this surprises you why?

Did you actually think that a 34 year old journeyman playing on his 6th team in 12 years was going to turn into Tom Brady?

SAR I

No. What I said is the exact opposite of being surprised. I specifically said this is the pattern everywhere he goes. Are you drunk?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Geno was a rookie QB then. This guy cannot be a starter here. In 5 decades of watching Jets football that was the worst performance ever. Fitz needed to be relieved

Somebody please tell me why Geno is on this roster. If yesterday's performance did not call for benching, what would? This was worse than Sanchez's five INT's in Buffalo in his rookie season. An 11 yr veteran/  and why is Geno wasting a roster spot. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

This is just more proof that God hates the Jets. We could have been one step closer to closure but no... Like seriously...did Geno Smith really need to be on that spreadsheet? 

True. Whats worse is that he's on that spreadsheet as a rookie, the guy who's the worst ever is a 12 year vet that replaced him. 

 

I have no idea what this season is going to look like come January. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...