Organized random thoughts

greenwichjetfan

I know everyon'e dying for my thoughts on everything. So here you go:

FitzNOTmagic...amirite? As someone who has quietly supported Fitz all along - even going as far as to be happy about the Ik incident last year when everyone else was upset; this is intolerable. I am unashamed to say that I flat out hate Geno. The Falcons game on Monday night in his rookie year gave me some hope, but that quickly evaporated, and I never wanted to see him under center again. However, if Fitz pulls another cluster**** to start the seattle game, it's time to see if Geno has anything for us (on a very short leash), and if not, it's time for Petty. I'm not one to sit around and waste a relatively talented and aging team on the hope that Fitz and Geno can become more than what they've shown themselves to be over the course of their careers.

Bowles…is full of sh*t. You want to know why we lost to Chiefs? Go back to the Bills and Texans games last year. You want to know why the cheating briskets beat the texans? Because they literally did the opposite of us. Our gameplan is to be blind to our opponents and just do us, whereas Belly does everything to customize his gameplans to his opponents. He takes away the other team's historical strengths. We seem to look at film and see that the Chiefs are the dink and dunk masters of the NFL, and allow them cushion to run their 5 yard slants and WR screens. We see that guys like Watt, Nuk, Sammy, AJ Green, Kelce, etc are playmakers, and we decide to let them be playmakers, whereas Belichick decides he actually wants to win games. 

Our defense…sucks. And it starts with our secondary. First it was that Revis had a wrist injury and therefore couldn't jam at the line. Then it was that Revis gets beat deep because he's old and lost a step. Now, we got a guy that literally manhandled Revis at the line and was allowed to convert a few critical third down conversions. He's lost any benefit of the doubt that he should and was receiving. Move him to safety, get him to take a dramatic pay cut, or release him. I'm not saying he's a bad CB - I'm saying he's not even worth $6m/yr, yet is currently raping us and our cap at $16m/yr, and requires safety help on the field. Cannot be tolerated. 

Jalin...if he's not riding pine next game, Bowles and I will have issues. Two fumbles lost for TDs in two games, and he's still out there the next play? Robbie beats the CB for what should have been an easy TD, and instead needs to bail out Fitz on a terrible throw, and yet he sees what - 5 snaps? Unbelieveable. I loved Jalin coming into TC, loved him in TC and preseason, and even loved him up till the fumble yesterday. But fool me once, shame on Jalin, fool me twice, shame on Bowles. 

Brandon...gives a rousing speech to fire up the offense after going down 17, comes out and drops the ball on the second play after speech. I mean, cmon man. We all love BMarsh, but this sh*t's getting out of control. Also, I had a few too many glenlevits, but I would have loved to have seen another replay from a different angle on that non-TD catch. Looked like it could have been a good and useful challenge. 

FF (Freaking Fitzy): I lost in one of my leagues by 11.52 points. The other guy had Chiefs D. So fitzy screwed me IRL, and in FF with his 6 ints (12 points). 

As badly as we sucked; as with all blowouts whether win or loss...it's an outlier. The team needs to forget it and move on. I think we have just as good a shot to beat Seattle today as we did at 4pm yesterday.

Around the league: 
- Pitt was devoured by Wentz and the eagles. Man, that kid looks good.
- So who's the better smart QB - Hahvahd or Northwestern? Simien beat two Cincy blitzes for long TDs…and Fitz just threw another int.
- Cam did not come to play. Because of that, Kelvin decided to stay home as well. Meanwhile, Jeremy Hill had himself a day. Of course I started Kelvin and benched Jeremy.
EDIT: - In our division, Belly is at 3-0 under his injury and suspension circumstances. Rex has his injury & suspension riddled team at 1-2. Meanwhile, we have a generally full team health-wise, and are 1-2. Wait, what?
- Wasn't Jax supposed to be good or something? Wtf?
- I love Aaron Rodgers. Literally the biggest mancrush in the game right now. 
- Tarrelle Pryor and Josh Gordon is gonna be SOME tandem. If Gordon actually gets to play.
- Dat Vikes D doe….holy moly. Between them and Denver, we got ourselves a resurgence of dominant defenses in the NFL.

Ok, that's it. Don't discuss.

3 minutes ago, jetsfan_toronto_canada said:

Actually they are 1-2, lost to us and the ravens, beat  the cards

Crap, you're right! Well at least that makes me feel a bit better. Still, we're 1-2 and we don't have any of the injuries or suspenions that they or the pats do. 

Bottom line, we need to be better. We have no excuse. 

15 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I know everyon'e dying for my thoughts on everything. So here you go:

FitzNOTmagic...amirite? As someone who has quietly supported Fitz all along - even going as far as to be happy about the Ik incident last year when everyone else was upset; this is intolerable. I am unashamed to say that I flat out hate Geno. The Falcons game on Monday night in his rookie year gave me some hope, but that quickly evaporated, and I never wanted to see him under center again. However, if Fitz pulls another cluster**** to start the seattle game, it's time to see if Geno has anything for us (on a very short leash), and if not, it's time for Petty. I'm not one to sit around and waste a relatively talented and aging team on the hope that Fitz and Geno can become more than what they've shown themselves to be over the course of their careers.

Thanks for the honesty here. You bring up a point that I didnt think of. 

Alot of people have said that guys who dont like Fitz are basically rooting against our own team, which lets be honest...was just a way to force us to jump on board. These were the same people who celebrated their QB being punched in the face by a thug who had a history of assault, even punching a Bills teammate earlier this year before his injury. 

People were so thirsty to jump on his broken jaw and how glad they were for it, yet those same people criticized fans who allegedly wanted Fitz to get injured in order for the Jets to start someone else. 

I said it earlier that it was nothing more than projection and hypocrisy....the IK incident and remembering how fans reacted is the perfect example. Guys literally celebrated publicly about that incident, going as far as saying how IK should be put in the "Ring of Honor" etc. However, you dont like Fitz then suddenly you're rooting against your own team. 

I appreciate your honesty here because it shows how those people were treating their QB before Fitz became the starter. Funny how their perspective change the moment they like a QB's charisma and beard. 

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

Here's  a rabdom thought 

Revis' jogging and half assed tackling pissed me off the most

I was at the game and as soon as the Chiefs went up 17 zip, the whole demeanor of the Jets players changed.  I'm surprised that we only lost by 21. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

I wasn't high on Prescott compared to a few other QBs in last draft but he once again looked fantastic last night.

Honestly I don't care. You have to take a chance on a QB. I really believe Bill O'Brien talked to Macc about Hackenberg when they were in Houston together. And that's why they took him.  Because Macc got a thumbs up from O'Brien.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Honestly I don't care. You have to take a chance on a QB. I really believe Bill O'Brien talked to Macc about Hackenberg when they were in Houston together. And that's why they took him.  Because Macc got a thumbs up from O'Brien.

OBrien knows jack sh*t about QBs.  Had Brady so he looks like a guru, he wanted hoyer, stinko, he wanted mallet, stinko, he paid Oswieler  19 million laughable.

If you are listening to another teams head coach re your evals you are monumentally stupid.

Just now, Beerfish said:

OBrien knows jack sh*t about QBs.  Had Brady so he looks like a guru, he wanted hoyer, stinko, he wanted mallet, stinko, he paid Oswieler  19 million laughable.

If you are listening to another teams head coach re your evals you are monumentally stupid.

It wasn't another team's head coach. It was the head coach on Macc's team. And he did a good job at Penn State.

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What i want to know, is if we all know Fitz is capable of these games, why expose him so overtly? If Bill can hide Brisset, why must we wring out Fitz? 

Our defense can't come close to stopping the other teams danger players.  fitz showed last year that he was capable of more than being a place holder.  There is a reason the last game 1st the 1st time this team has scored less than 17 pts under this regime.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It wasn't another team's head coach. It was the head coach on Macc's team. And he did a good job at Penn State.

No he didn't. Hackenberg was "OK" at Penn state. He showed promise. that's it. that's all. He didn't deliver then, and isn't now... 

Furthermore -- FCK HOUSTON. why take advice from them, they just paid Brock 1984 apple processor Osweiler a zillion dollars to be just as lost in Texas as he was in Colorado.

BUST@@

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

No he didn't. Hackenberg was "OK" at Penn state. He showed promise. that's it. that's all. He didn't deliver then, and isn't now... 

Furthermore -- FCK HOUSTON. why take advice from them, they just paid Brock 1984 apple processor Osweiler a zillion dollars to be just as lost in Texas as he was in Colorado.

BUST@@

Macc is a tool 31 other NFL GMs are laughing at him today....

Until the Jets complete a wholesale top to bottom organizational firing (including ownership) I predict heightened mediocrity. They truly are the definition of insanity. None the less, I certainly can appreciate Jets fans frustration and anger and we had it here in New England for decades.

Another thing...

Chan, I love you, you consistent 17 point output, you. But really? How many plays are we going to have in the Redzone without trying a running play? I think we were at 9 pass plays in a row at one point...and not a single Forte run? I mean, with a QB like Fitz - shouldn't you try to limit his exposure to throwing in tight spaces?

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Another thing...

Chan, I love you, you consistent 17 point output, you. But really? How many plays are we going to have in the Redzone without trying a running play? I think we were at 9 pass plays in a row at one point...and not a single Forte run? I mean, with a QB like Fitz - shouldn't you try to limit his exposure to throwing in tight spaces?

That is true, although I recall against Cincy, he was criticized for running in the red zone with Forte.

Archived