The fallacy this is a 'win now' team

Augustiniak

revis has clearly regressed, fitz isn't good, harris had lost a step and was never really that fast, and brandon marshall continues to drop passes.  the media loves to say this is a win now team but the guys who are in 'win now' mode aren't playing good football enough of the time.  the offense may well be better with petty throwing to peake and robbie anderson more, to stretch the field and open up the run game.  the defense is mostly young, with the new lbs looking good.  the vets who are still playing well are mangold and forte, and rbs are very replaceable.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

revis has clearly regressed, fitz isn't good, harris had lost a step and was never really that fast, and brandon marshall continues to drop passes.  the media loves to say this is a win now team but the guys who are in 'win now' mode aren't playing good football enough of the time.  the offense may well be better with petty throwing to peake and robbie anderson more, to stretch the field and open up the run game.  the defense is mostly young, with the new lbs looking good.  the vets who are still playing well are mangold and forte, and rbs are very replaceable.

Absolutely 100%. Another group of people who wont accept a rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

no, they paid and made this team to win now. I don't agree with you at all. 

The fact that it's not working though, is where you're argument should start. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

no, they paid and made this team to win now. I don't agree with you at all. 

The fact that it's not working though, is where you're argument should start. 

they paid b/c they were woefully under the cap thanks to idzik.  if they could have paid for a franchise qb i imagine they would have.  instead they paid for a few vets that made the team competitive in the short run while mccags grooms a few qbs to hopefully be competitive in the long run.

they paid b/c they were woefully under the cap thanks to idzik.  if they could have paid for a franchise qb i imagine they would have.  instead they paid for a few vets that made the team competitive in the short run while mccags grooms a few qbs to hopefully be competitive in the long run.

We arent grooming any QB if we were we would be like other teams and insert a rookie 

God help us if Ryan Fitzpatrick is doing the grooming on or off the field 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

You want them to start pulling guys out of retirement?! What other team has a roster that looks more like a desperate plea to win now??? Please, show me.

You want them to start pulling guys out of retirement?! What other team has a roster that looks more like a desperate plea to win now??? Please, show me.

lots of teams have vets.  the ravens best wr is in his 16th season.  look around the nfl.  even yesterday you could see young guys emerging, lee, jenkins, anderson.  these guys are better than the vets now.  i still don't get why you're so mad at the front office.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

lots of teams have vets.  the ravens best wr is in his 16th season.  look around the nfl.  even yesterday you could see young guys emerging, lee, jenkins, anderson.  these guys are better than the vets now.  i still don't get why you're so mad at the front office.  

Because NE knew how to win with Brisset, and we apparently thought that 11 years of Fitz being a loser was an outlier. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Because NE knew how to win with Brisset, and we apparently thought that 11 years of Fitz being a loser was an outlier. 

you can't compare any other team to NE.  if mccags didn't trade for fitz and then geno broke his jaw, they probably would have traded for a crappy vet out of desperation anyway last year.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

you can't compare any other team to NE.  if mccags didn't trade for fitz and then geno broke his jaw, they probably would have traded for a crappy vet out of desperation anyway last year.

look have a conversation with yourself then. You keep telling no its this or that, and no we can't compare this or that. Fck that! There's a trail of bad decisions that got us here. A new regime with leash and money should be in a better spot than they are now. THat's the fcking deal.  

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:
Just now, Paradis said:

look have a conversation with yourself then. You keep telling no its this or that, and no we can't compare this or that. Fck that! There's a trail of bad decisions that got us here. A new regime with leash and money should be in a better spot than they are now. THat's the fcking deal.  

I think this team is better than it has played.

Just now, Paradis said:

the trail of bad decisions made by former gms, taking sanchez, geno, pryor, milliner, amaro (who had a nice game for the titans yesterday), stephen hill instead of alshon jeffries, etc.  those are the decisions that led to this.  no qbs, no wrs, no offensive talent.  mccags traded for marshall, signed forte, drafted leonard williams and darron lee, to name a few decisions.  i just don't understand what mccags should have done differently with respect to qbs, except not draft hack, but that would not have impacted this season.

Just now, Paradis said:

Says a fan pissed off after a bad loss. 

The new regime took over a 4 win team with nothing and turned it into a 10 win team.

You can go on and on about the bad moves they've made but somehow they got better rather quickly.  It's unfortunate that fans are into instant gratification 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Says a fan pissed off after a bad loss. 

The new regime took over a 4 win team with nothing and turned it into a 10 win team.

You can go on and on about the bad moves they've made but somehow they got better rather quickly.  It's unfortunate that fans are into instant gratification 

Honestly, i didn't care about the 10 win season. I didn't see a team ready to go the distance... but that taste of success infected "the plan" IMO. I didn't expect nor want to win last year, or even this year. I'm frustrated because we're wasting time now, and resources chasing something that isn't going to happen at the most important position on the team. 

the trail of bad decisions made by former gms, taking sanchez, geno, pryor, milliner, amaro (who had a nice game for the titans yesterday), stephen hill instead of alshon jeffries, etc.  those are the decisions that led to this.  no qbs, no wrs, no offensive talent.  mccags traded for marshall, signed forte, drafted leonard williams and darron lee, to name a few decisions.  i just don't understand what mccags should have done differently with respect to qbs, except not draft hack, but that would not have impacted this season.

I got kids to go feed/water or something, so i'll leave it this. 

Not taking a QB in the first was not only a mistake, but it was huge mistake a million levels. Taking that "franchise guy" is a statement pick. It tells the world you have a plan. It tells the world not to fret when the old guy implodes. It does so many things for a team. 

...and Macc pussied out. I don't believe he actually thought Hack was "the man". I think he fell in love with himself and picked Lee - thinking they'd get an instant impact player for the 2016 season. That's what I beleive. they fcked it up ,and it may cost them all their jobs in the long run if Hinderberg goes the way i think it will

Just now, Paradis said:

I got kids to go feed/water or something, so i'll leave it this. 

Not taking a QB in the first was not only a mistake, but it was huge mistake a million levels. Taking that "franchise guy" is a statement pick. It tells the world you have a plan. It tells the world not to fret when the old guy implodes. It does so many things for a team. 

...and Macc pussied out. I don't believe he actually thought Hack was "the man". I think he fell in love with himself and picked Lee - thinking they'd get an instant impact player for the 2016 season. That's what I beleive. they fcked it up ,and it may cost them all their jobs in the long run if Hinderberg goes the way i think it will

so you're saying they should have taken lynch?  that's the only guy i can think of these past 2 drafts they had a shot at.

Honestly, i didn't care about the 10 win season. I didn't see a team ready to go the distance... but that taste of success infected "the plan" IMO. I didn't expect nor want to win last year, or even this year. I'm frustrated because we're wasting time now, and resources chasing something that isn't going to happen at the most important position on the team. 

Well that's large of you to say he,didn't improve the team and then say you don't care that the team went from 4 wins to 10.  They're not wasting time, they're trying to build a team, rebuild the defense, make it faster.  Not drafting 11 starters to each unit in 2 seasons.  Anyone who thought any GM was going to come in here and redo the whole team in 2 drafts was mistaken.  Or find a brand new rookie version of A Rodgers immediately.  Shlt it took Rodgers 4'years to become Rodgers 

Archived