The fallacy this is a 'win now' team

Augustiniak

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's a lack of not knowing Fitzpatrick's career.

Well hard to blame them for thinking Fitz could duplicate what he did last year.  They talked up the weapons he has around him, the addition of Forte.  You would think a similar season was in the cards.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Of those, only Kubiak, Dungy, Gruden and Coughlin moved on immediately.

The others rebuilt value over time. The only coaches that fit that contingent now are Gruden and Cowher. And they are not leaving their jobs.

Cowher?  He only coached one team? Took him a long time to get his SB

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Well hard to blame them for thinking Fitz could duplicate what he did last year.  They talked up the weapons he has around him, the addition of Forte.  You would think a similar season was in the cards.

Even if they didn't believe that to be the case, they aren't risking their jobs by losing without Fitzpatrick this year. What he does is pacify the wolves, and gives them job security for another year while they try to find an actual QB somewhere 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Hes a no nonsense type of coach we are hiring imposters enough is enough

Who took forever to win and with as many CG loses as he had would have left you and others screaming for his head years before he won a championship 

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Even if they didn't believe that to be the case, they aren't risking their jobs by losing without Fitzpatrick this year. What he does is pacify the wolves, and gives them job security for another year while they try to find an actual QB somewhere 

Totally agree.  They didn't play Fitz because they're a win now team.  They wanted a placeholder who could keep them from being a losing team.  Not the same as a we're built to win a championship today team 

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

Mostly true...however, with parity, MOST teams are "win now" teams. Talent can easily be replaced. it's the culture that matters and that doesn't require old or young players, just winners.

This is the most craptastic post I've read today.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

We arent grooming any QB if we were we would be like other teams and insert a rookie 

God help us if Ryan Fitzpatrick is doing the grooming on or off the field 

Not to be snippy, but somehow the words "grooming" and "Fitzpatrick" don't seem to really go together, except maybe when our starting QB got married.  That said, there are many fantastic things Fitzie can teach our current crop of bench-warming young guns.

Here are the top 7:

1.  How to fool defenses by changing your appearance to resemble that of a bona fide Super Bowl winner.

2.  How to make ten of millions of dollars during your NFL career, while remaining a proven mediocrity at your position.  As an added bonus, how to sucker an inexperienced GM into paying you 12 million dollars a season, where there is no competing demand whatsoever for your services elsewhere.

3.  Why wearing civvies that look like they were salvaged from a1970s LL Bean catalog is just so perfect in the threads dept for a starting QB in the Big Apple.

4.  Why having a rifle for an arm is way overrated in the NFL, despite all appearances to the contrary.

5.  Why staring at your receivers like a manly man always intimidates defenses into cowering behind a series of meaningless interceptions.

6.  Why Jeremiah Johnson is not only a great movie, but one that all wannabe NFL QBs should study endlessly.

7.  Why sliding for that first down is for sissies, even if it means your team will probably lose you for part of the season.

These are only some of the many excellent reasons why Fitz is not only a great athlete and team leader, but the perfect antidote to any grandiose thinking we Jets fans may have been harboring at the start of the 2016 season.  Excuse me while I now go and smash my head against a wall for the rest of the week.

52 minutes ago, peebag said:

This is the most craptastic post I've read today.

Ok, can you school me on why you think so. Beyond an explanation, it's just an ad hominem attack that adds nothing to the discussion. Personally, I wouldn't care to ask, but I've been told not to personally attack people, so I ask that I not be either.

Archived