Jets claim AS Jenkins - Schefter

TaborJet

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

This reeks of desperation as their season is circling the bowl.

It also reeks of booze and that big deuce ASJ was telling the cops he had to take.

Ugh....

Who cares? The Bills firing their OC reeked of desperation. Then they beat the Cards on Sunday. Sometimes you need to shake things up. Would you rather they had a press conference and announced that they were forfeiting the rest of the season? 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good move; they should indeed put him on IR (after the minimum time) or send him to rehab.

If Davis gets cut (and still doesn't even play on the team for the rest of the year) he has made the team better. Cheap guy with some up side; if he doesn't pan out, all we lost is whomever we have to cut for his roster spot.

Jets claimed TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins off waivers from the Bucs.

Jets OC Chan Gailey has a reputation for "not using tight ends," but he also has a reputation for maximizing talent, which Seferian-Jenkins obviously has in spades despite all of his issues off the field. Seferian-Jenkins was popped for DUI last week, leading to his release from the Bucs. Picking him up is an extremely low-risk, high-upside maneuver by Jets GM Mike Maccagnan. Assuming Seferian-Jenkins is intent on continuing his football career, he should be able to earn a role in the offense by the middle of next month. ASJ still lacks re-draft value, but he remains a hold in Dynasty leagues.

Sep 26 - 4:17 PM

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who cares? The Bills firing their OC reeked of desperation. Then they beat the Cards on Sunday. Sometimes you need to shake things up. Would you rather they had a press conference and announced that they were forfeiting the rest of the season? 

I care.  I don't approve of signing a guy 3 days after he was released from jail after his second DUI.  

I have been fortunate enough not to have a family member killed by a drunk driver.  But I know a girl whose sister was killed by one. This "as-swipe" made a bad mistake, should have learned his lesson, but did it again instead.

F*ck him. 

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

I care.  I don't approve of signing a guy 3 days after he was released from jail after his second DUI.  

I have been fortunate enough not to have a family member killed by a drunk driver.  But I know a girl whose sister was killed by one. This "as-swipe" made a bad mistake, should have learned his lesson, but did it again instead.

F*ck him. 

I approve of signing at 6'6 250lbs tight end who can catch and block

Just now, Mike135 said:

I'm hearing he was signed as a DTE.  It's a new position for teams with Fitz at QB.  The Defensive Tight End.  His main role is to be a LB on the offensive side of the ball.  Needed to make tackles after Fitz interceptions.  

6'6" and 250lbs.  Nice!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA yessss

Let's put it this way, if he gets a 4 game suspention and then gets dropped and never hits the field for the Jets, he will have the same (if not better) stats than every other TE on the Jets (no drops or fumbles).

Hopefully, the kid has learned his lesson and is appreciating his 'second' chance. I doubt there will be a third; hopefully for the jets and more importantly himself and the community he lives/drives in - he turns himself around.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Neat.  Meanwhile, Jace Amaro had a nice day for the Titans...

And had almost as many catches in one season than ASJ had in his entire career. Not a great blocker either. Also, there's this:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2016/9/24/13041616/dirk-koetter-says-there-s-more-to-austin-seferian-jenkins-release

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers cut Austin Seferian-Jenkins after a DUI arrest yesterday. That’s a fairly drastic move, but it was also the result of longer-standing issues. Or at least, that’s what head coach Dirk Koetter implied when talking to Alex Marvez of Sirius XM.

“It is disappointing. Austin’s a guy that we had high hopes for, was a second-round pick here a couple years back, fought through some injury issues, very talented individual.

“There’s more to every story than meets the eye, sometimes there’s more to it than I can say on the radio.”

Seferian-Jenkins had been kicked out of practice during the offseason, though he seemed to bounce back after that. He never really regained his starting spot, though, and his playing time and targets were limited in the first two weeks, despite the fact that he is clearly the most talented tight end on the Bucs’ roster.

Koetter also said something about this move being about putting the best players on the field on Sunday. Someone has to explain to me how cutting a more talented player for a far less talented player is going to accomplish that, exactly. It’s okay to admit you cut him because of the arrest, or because he wasn’t consistent, coach. You don’t have to spin it.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm hearing he was signed as a DTE.  It's a new position for teams with Fitz at QB.  The Defensive Tight End.  His main role is to be a LB on the offensive side of the ball.  Needed to make tackles after Fitz interceptions.  

6'6" and 250lbs.  Nice!

If that wasn't so painfully true that would be funny :-)

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

This made me laugh.

But seriously, should we not give a guy a shot because he got a DUI? Lot's of people get them. Doesn't make him a bad person. He made a mistake, and luckily nobody was hurt.

It's his 2nd DUI in 3 years. He could be facing jail time and a suspension.

Archived