Jets claim AS Jenkins - Schefter

TaborJet

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I am not arguing with you anymore.  You are siding with a total piece of sh!t over being a decent person.  I take it back.  I do hope someone in your family is killed by a drunken POS like ASJ. 

You shouldnt speak like that about someone's family member because you cant get someone to see it your way. Second, how many Jets fans are total pieces of sh*t then? I've been to my fair share of Jets games to know there are quite a few Jets fans pissy drunk 5 minutes before the end of the game and I know for a fact not all of those people are taking the train back into the city or are just sitting in the passenger seat with a sober, responsible driver. 

Im not defending what ASJ did, I dont really care what he did, but your position...like this dude is "all the worlds problems" and wishing death to someones fam is ridiculous when 10's of 1,000's of NFL fans from all over the country drive home pissy drunk every damn sunday after a game, whether its from some local bar or the actual stadium. How many people lives are at risk just because they're driving on the I-80 or I-95 and its 4:15pm, meaning all of those fans who just left Metlife are now on the highway charged up on all of the brews they've been drinking on since 8am that morning? 

You think he's a piece of sh*t, great. Wishing death on someone's family makes you an even bigger one. Havaseat and relax bro. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

You shouldnt speak like that about someone's family member because you cant get someone to see it your way. Second, how many Jets fans are total pieces of sh*t then? I've been to my fair share of Jets games to know there are quite a few Jets fans pissy drunk 5 minutes before the end of the game and I know for a fact not all of those people are taking the train back into the city or are just sitting in the passenger seat. 

Im not defending what ASJ did, I dont really care what he did, but your position...like this dude is "all the worlds problems" is ridiculous when 10's of 1,000's of NFL fans from all over the country drive home pissy drunk every damn sunday after a game, whether its from some local bar or the actual stadium. How many people lives are at risk just because they're driving on the I-80 or I-95 and its 4:15pm, meaning all of those fans who just left Metlife are now on the highway charged up on all of the brews they've been drinking since 8am that morning? 

You think he's a piece of sh*t, great. Wishing death on someone's family makes you an even bigger one. Havaseat and relax bro. 

Way late to this.  If you want to join in and offer an opinion, catch up and read the entire thread.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This guy drunk is better then kellen davis.  He needs to change his life around and rarely does that happen u less you hit rock bottom.  

Maybe the dui was that event.  But if hes an alocohlic, stopping drinking at 25 years old is damn near impossible..  Good luck to him.

The first DUI or the second? He said when he got kicked out of practice that it was a wake up call. Then he got benched. Then the second DUI. He hasn't learned, isn't going to learn, and this probably isn't going to work. 

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The first DUI or the second? He said when he got kicked out of practice that it was a wake up call. Then he got benched. Then the second DUI. He hasn't learned, isn't going to learn, and this probably isn't going to work. 

Hopefully the jets have a handler for him.

8 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I hope you get run over by Mike Glennon.

This place would have to be considered a graveyard with all the necro'd posts if we traded for Glennon.  my head might explode, if it happened today, I have no doubt it would explode after the way yesterdays game went and us picking up ASJ, Glennon would complete the trifecta of shockers lol

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

They do, it's Sheldon.

Lol, have to admit this was damn funny. Remember when Irving Fryer left the stadium during a game & crashed into a tree? There's tons of bad apples in NFL locker rooms. 

If ASJ scores 2 TDs against the Pats, Jets fans will be offering shots in the parking lot.

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Lol, have to admit this was damn funny. Remember when Irving Fryer left the stadium during a game & crashed into a tree? There's tons of bad apples in NFL locker rooms. 

If ASJ scores 2 TDs against the Pats, Jets fans will be offering shots in the parking lot.

Hell they will offer him shot in the end zone. 

Just now, JetBlue said:

Lol, she gets around, doesn't she? 

Hahhahhah but one thing I wont do is kick her out!!!

I remember years ago saying to my younger brother when I saw a woman like that ....

"look at her ...... so you go and date a woman like that, she is the most passionate woman you could imagine, you make love for what seems like days on end...... you get married, you never have a moments peace because of the love making... it goes on for over 6o years!!!.... well you look back on it all and think was it worth it... was it worth it deep deep down inside!!!!!"

Ummm in short......yes it was!!! :)

Lmao at the clueless posters that oppose this signing. I'd venture to guess that just about every NFL player has driven under the influence at one point in their life. 

I hate how people can get Dui and keep their accounting job but for some reason we hold 23 year old kids (many of which come from troubled backgrounds) to a much higher standard. I know attorneys that have multiple DUIs and still have a job.  

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

the cynic in me says the jets saw Amaro have a good game yesterday and panicked and scooped ASJ

I'd say it's more of a reaction to how lame the jets red zone passing game was yesterday. A big TE that can bully DB's and come down with a jump ball would have really helped

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Yes. He's been injured. and drunk. And yelling. Probably slept with a couple minors in between...

Do you know what Brandon Marshalls first few years looked like?  Or like 100 other NFL players? 

All i care about is where he's at moving forward. 

Marshall probably isn't the example you want to be throwing around.  He had over 100 catches and well over a grand his second season. 

Marshall probably isn't the example you want to be throwing around.  He had over 100 catches and well over a grand his second season. 

Personally I don't give a sh*t if he caught one or two thousand. The point I was making was pretty clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Paradis said:

Personally I don't give a sh*t if he caught one or two thousand. The point I was making was pretty clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but production causes teams to forgive a lot of sins.  Potential only goes so far.  Whatever Marshall's first few years looked like, he had over 2500 yards. I am interested they took a flier on ASJ, but not particularly surprised they have been signing every TE that became available.  Hopefully he straightens out.  Like you, I was a fan of his coming out.  My hopes aren't up considering how desperate Tampa is for more targets with Vincent Jackson falling off a cliff.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Well, in his defense, he was probably depressed when he got benched so who can blame him from having a few too many pops and getting behind the wheel for the DUI.  If he sticks with the Jets he will be so over the moon he will go out to celebrate, hitting the booze like a blocking sled, for the trifecta DUI.   It is always something with asshats like him.

Old profile at draft.

Austin Seferian–Jenkins   TE   Washington

TALENT BOARD ROUND  4

STRENGTHS
Austin has excellent overall athletic talent to play his posiiton at a very high level for the team that drafts him. He shows on film good hands to catch the ball down the field and the ability to adjust to the ball in the air to make a difficult catch. He is big for his position, but handles in-line blocking very well and has the agility to block in space. He can be used on the outside in the red zone or as a move slot receiver in the middle of the field because of his athleticism. Austin has the physical tools to become a dominant and complete Tight End for the team that drafts him. He can be more than a pass catching Tight End if that’s what he wants to be. The question is, does he really want to be or does he just want to sign a big contract? 

CONCERNS
When I watch Austin on film, I see a deep lack of attention to detail of his posiiton. He runs lazy routes. He lacks football instincts and football common sense. He is not quick or explosive off the line into his blocks and doesn’t sustain his blocks. His blocking techniques in space are sloppy and, instead of dominating smaller players in the field, he just guides them. He has no idea where he is on the field and catches more balls out of bounds than the average player would think was possible. Seriously, this kid needs a seeing eye dog to identify the out of bounds lines on the field. He lacks mental toughness in general and when the play is away from him, he seems to lack the effort to finish his assignment. On passing downs, he catches the ball and is easy to bring down limiting the run after the catch yardage needed to make third downs consistently. There is more, but I’m getting tired and my head is hurting thinking of the rest. 

BOTTOM LINE
Austin thinks he is a Lamborghini; unfortunately, he needs to be more like a pickup truck for the team that drafts him. He has the talent, but not the work ethic right now. You can slide by on talent in college, but in the NFL, the only thing that improves your game is having the fortitude to improve because your talent doesn’t get better at the next level -- it only dissipates the longer you play in the league. I went back to last year’s DVD’s I have on Austin and it shows that when he is up against some SEC teams his game overall is lacking big time. Oh, he makes a couple of plays here and there, but overall running routes, catching the ball, blocking in line, and his blocking in space were surprisingly below average. The truth is, Austin doesn’t work hard enough on the field. He can be a lot better if he just finished his blocks and got off the line quicker. Austin could be better if he ran all his routes like he was the hot receiver and if he identified where the out of bounds is on the field. He could be better if he decided to try mentally to be on the same page as his quarterback, identify the blitz and cut off his routes or at least turn his head around to receive the ball quicker. He could be better if he was more of a team player and didn’t think that “effort” on every play was a dirty word. He could be, and should be, a lot better than he has shown this year. Everything with Austin is almost. He almost caught the touchdown pass if it was thrown with more accuracy. He almost had the block if the running back just was a little faster or cut quicker. He almost had the first down if the ball was thrown better and he almost picked up the blitz if the quarterback changed the blocking scheme. I call him Austin Almost – and now, I think you know why. Remember you draft with the information you have in front of you at the time of the draft. Austin could turn out to be an excellent Tight End in the future but for me, the future is now and now he is just average at best with the talent to be better. If you’re a gambler, you draft him early. If you’re a realist like me, you wait.

Drew Boylhart
JAN/2014

Dude is a beast. I so wanted us to draft him but NOOOO.  Finally we got a TE.  Enunwa is a decent option but his hands really hurt us this past Sunday. Jenkins has great hands and size. He will add a dimension we haven't had in years. Now if we can just get him to drink the green koolaid.  :yahoo:

Archived