Top "one hit wonders" thread

AFJF

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Burnt Clutch said:

Too bad the Rolling Stones own all the rights to this song: 

That's a great get.  

I remember the lead singer laughing when they told him he didn't get the rights to that Stones riff.  He didn't know the Stone's legal team was headed by Allen Klein.  Guess what?  Stones made all the money from the song's royalties and The Verve got zero.  lol

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

That's a great get.  

I remember the lead singer laughing when they told him he didn't get the rights to that Stones riff.  He didn't know the Stone's legal team was headed by Allen Klein.  Guess what?  Stones made all the money from the song's royalties and The Verve got zero.  lol

Right after the decision was handed down, the Stones sold this song like acid at a Jefferson Airplane concert.  It was used in almost every commercial.

11 minutes ago, Burnt Clutch said:

Right after the decision was handed down, the Stones sold this song like acid at a Jefferson Airplane concert.  It was used in almost every commercial.

At least The Verve is in good company.  Klein was a shark and used everything in his power to safeguard Stones' material.

Dude, are you a JI castoff?  Your posts are too good to be coming out of nowhere.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

At least The Verve is in good company.  Klein was a shark and used everything in his power to safeguard Stones' material.

Dude, are you a JI castoff?  Your posts are too good to be coming out of nowhere.

Nope.  I literally am coming out of nowhere.  This is my first year as a STH so I figured I would join JN so I can chime in on different topics and bond (mourn) with my fellow Jet fans and meet some of the regulars at games.

On September 30, 2016 at 3:27 PM, munchmemory said:

That's a great get.  

great story about the song here....its all derivative

On 10/1/2016 at 9:56 AM, munchmemory said:

That's a great one, AFJF.  Never saw him again after that video.  

Heard a crazy story about how he won "best new artist" at MTV video awards and in the days after that, his record label was sold and the new execs put all of his stuff on the shelf.  Never heard from him again.  Very odd.

I give you Matthew Wilder. 

Everything about this from the dancing, to the clothes, to the fact that he looks like Jeff Hosthetler is amazing.

Watch how how it ends... they're not even trying to pretend he wasn't lip syncing.  And the smattering of applause...  just beautiful.

Archived