Putting money and "worth" aside, How are Mezz club seats vs. LL seats

Burnt Clutch

I know the "are Mezz club seats worth it" discussion has been had, but I'd like to forget about that and the price for a moment.

I'd like to just know about the atmosphere and amenities.  I have a wife who reluctantly goes to the cold weather games on occasion and likes to sit for the entire game.  I am a STH in the lowers and love my section and the atmosphere, or "vibe."  Obviously, there isn't the "warm up in the club" perk or "sit down all game in your bigger comfy padded chairs" perk either, but I love being out in the elements.

I feel like my regular LL seats are proper for when I'm there with "the boys" (most occasions), but concerned my wife may not appreciate them as much, or the occasional profane language used.  

Is there a completely different vibe for the Mezzanine Club seats?  Do alot of people sell their tickets on the secondary market up there (aka - are there alot of visiting fans)?  Thanks in advance for the responses.

P.S.  Want to re-emphasize that I don't want to get into the "are they worth it" argument, assume for the sake of argument all tickets cost the same.  Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Burnt Clutch said:

I know the "are Mezz club seats worth it" discussion has been had, but I'd like to forget about that and the price for a moment.

I'd like to just know about the atmosphere and amenities.  I have a wife who reluctantly goes to the cold weather games on occasion and likes to sit for the entire game.  I am a STH in the lowers and love my section and the atmosphere, or "vibe."  Obviously, there isn't the "warm up in the club" perk or "sit down all game in your bigger comfy padded chairs" perk either, but I love being out in the elements.

I feel like my regular LL seats are proper for when I'm there with "the boys" (most occasions), but concerned my wife may not appreciate them as much, or the occasional profane language used.  

Is there a completely different vibe for the Mezzanine Club seats?  Do alot of people sell their tickets on the secondary market up there (aka - are there alot of visiting fans)?  Thanks in advance for the responses.

P.S.  Want to re-emphasize that I don't want to get into the "are they worth it" argument, assume for the sake of argument all tickets cost the same.  Thanks!

My experience, there was literally zero energy in the club seats.  Like, people wouldnt even stand up and cheer.  Busier on the phones than watching the game.  

The amenities are nice and I imagine if you had a family it would be ideal.  But if you're looking for energy and a fellow fan to high five or to get up and yell on 3rd down, I'd go lower.  None of that was taking place when I sat club.  But I've only been to a few games.

And yes, there were quite a few of the opposing fans in the club and zero when I was in the lower sections.

6 minutes ago, Burnt Clutch said:

I'd like to just know about the atmosphere and amenities.  I have a wife who reluctantly goes to the cold weather games on occasion and likes to sit for the entire game. 

So I sit in 232A which is literally 18" from the Mezzanine Club and I've been inside the Club a few times so I can help here.

Vibe:  First off, the fans in the Club are Jets fans, it's not corporate, the Mezzanine Club does not feel like the LL Club at all.  Yes, the vibe in those Mezz Club sections are a bit more subdued and a bit less animated-  with an asterisk* (I'll get to that later).

Selling Seats:  Yes, there are a lot of seats that change hands, especially adjacent to my seats, there are a lot of new faces each week.

Visiting Fans:  Not that much, I don't see many opposing fans in the Club sections, makes sense as they are expensive and visitors from out of state are paying for hotel, transportation, and probably want to mingle and not be stuffed in a box.

Bad Games:  So here's the asterisk* part-  I find that for a bad game (ie bad opponent or Jets are a bad team or its a Monday night) the Club prices drop like a rock and that's when you've got your 20 year old Stubhubbing cheapskate Jets fans who invade the Club's and are incredibly loud and boorish, acting like they're Ritchie Rich and going off on the rest of the adults around them with the "Get up already!"  "Why aren't you cheering!" "You're not real fans!" schtick.  See, the Club owners are your typical successful wealthy folk and when the 20 year olds get piss drunk and are looking for a party they quickly find they are in the wrong section and feel really out of place.  It's ugly.

So, yes, I would say for your wife and the occasional cold weather or rainy game you'll love the elevated view and you'll love the quick in/out access before/after a game.  But if the Jets or their opponent aren't very good or it's an odd night game there is a mix of fans that don't go together.

SAR I

SAR:

Thank you for your very detailed and insightful reply.  Your posts are always the best when it comes to seating choices.  As someone who comes into work on Monday Mornings with no voice and a screaming headache, I can see why my 20-something year old brethren should avoid the club seats when with the boys.  I'll have to behave when taking the wife to club seats.  But it seems like for the one or two games she comes to, it would be best just to grab some seats there rather than make her "suffer" in the lowers.  I just didn't want to be in a totally sterile environment with no life to it (corporates).  Otherwise I'd truly make her suffer down low.  Plus getting in and out of the stadium quickly must be nice.

I sat there before and I feel completely segregated from all the other fans. I almost feel like I'm not at the game. It's weird to explain. I highly recommend LL. 

I'm also one of those guys that happily attend 5-7 games a year by buying my tickets on StubHub. SAR likes my type of people. 

18 hours ago, Burnt Clutch said:

My 3 seats are LL but there have been several games when one of my boys can't go and I sell those tickets and buy a pair in the Mezz club. 

Mezz club seating  is quiet, highly civilized and tame. Nobody stands. Much more cushy for the wifey.   Lots of empty seats even for big games.  LL seating (excluding the Coaches club sections) can be loud, rowdy and lots of standing up both at appropriate times and ridiculously inappropriate times.  Seating is more compact and crowded.  

Kind of like a beer fest vs wine tasting comparison.  I like both.

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

So I sit in 232A which is literally 18" from the Mezzanine Club and I've been inside the Club a few times so I can help here.

Vibe:  First off, the fans in the Club are Jets fans, it's not corporate, the Mezzanine Club does not feel like the LL Club at all.  Yes, the vibe in those Mezz Club sections are a bit more subdued and a bit less animated-  with an asterisk* (I'll get to that later).

Selling Seats:  Yes, there are a lot of seats that change hands, especially adjacent to my seats, there are a lot of new faces each week.

Visiting Fans:  Not that much, I don't see many opposing fans in the Club sections, makes sense as they are expensive and visitors from out of state are paying for hotel, transportation, and probably want to mingle and not be stuffed in a box.

Bad Games:  So here's the asterisk* part-  I find that for a bad game (ie bad opponent or Jets are a bad team or its a Monday night) the Club prices drop like a rock and that's when you've got your 20 year old Stubhubbing cheapskate Jets fans who invade the Club's and are incredibly loud and boorish, acting like they're Ritchie Rich and going off on the rest of the adults around them with the "Get up already!"  "Why aren't you cheering!" "You're not real fans!" schtick.  See, the Club owners are your typical successful wealthy folk and when the 20 year olds get piss drunk and are looking for a party they quickly find they are in the wrong section and feel really out of place.  It's ugly.

So, yes, I would say for your wife and the occasional cold weather or rainy game you'll love the elevated view and you'll love the quick in/out access before/after a game.  But if the Jets or their opponent aren't very good or it's an odd night game there is a mix of fans that don't go together.

SAR I

I've sat in the Mezz club for more than a dozen games since the opening of Met Life and I have never experienced the bolded above.  Not once.  Not even close.  Perhaps you just got unlucky that day. 

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I've sat in the Mezz club for more than a dozen games since the opening of Met Life and I have never experienced the bolded above.  Not once.  Not even close.  Perhaps you just got unlucky that day. 

Well, sitting 18" from the Mezz Club for 50+ games I can tell you that that's the dynamic in Section 232C and 233.  During the Geno Smith era and during Monday nighters against lame teams, maybe 10 games in total, the folks in those sections dump their tickets and we've seen unruly youngsters with $25 Stubhub tickets sitting there drunk and disappointed that the oldsters around them aren't acting like apes.

It's never unruly like fighting and such, but there's nothing worse than a one-game-a-year fan who thinks it's his job to school his section on how to behave at games.  Just because he thinks we all jump around and stand up on every play and make noise on every down doesn't mean that's actually how it works.  And when that situation occurs in a Club section it's even more uncomfortable for the interloper who gets nothing but dirty looks and disdain from the doctors, lawyers, and executives around him.

The OP wanted to know if the vibe is any different in the Mezz Club's and that is my observation.  Because the clientele is more uppity, when a day-tripper stops in during a bad game or bad season, he gets a touch more unruly.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Well, sitting 18" from the Mezz Club for 50+ games I can tell you that that's the dynamic in Section 232C and 233.  During the Geno Smith era and during Monday nighters against lame teams, maybe 10 games in total, the folks in those sections dump their tickets and we've seen unruly youngsters with $25 Stubhub tickets sitting there drunk and disappointed that the oldsters around them aren't acting like apes.

It's never unruly like fighting and such, but there's nothing worse than a one-game-a-year fan who thinks it's his job to school his section on how to behave at games.  Just because he thinks we all jump around and stand up on every play and make noise on every down doesn't mean that's actually how it works.  And when that situation occurs in a Club section it's even more uncomfortable for the interloper who gets nothing but dirty looks and disdain from the doctors, lawyers, and executives around him.

SAR I

again, I've sat in Mezz clubs on both sides of the field (but always between the 20's).  Never experienced what you posted.  Perhaps it's unique to the club seating in or near the end zones.  But I agree with you regarding the obnoxiousness of any attendee who tries to tell others how they should act in order to be "good fans".  

It comes down to this: Wherever you sit in this stadium, your experience is significantly influenced by the level of alcohol consumption of the people in your section. After 33 years of being a season ticket holder, I can say with confidence that over consumption of alcohol is the one and only thing that ruins the game day experience (aside from the Jets sucking, of course).

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

again, I've sat in Mezz clubs on both sides of the field (but always between the 20's).  Never experienced what you posted.  Perhaps it's unique to the club seating in or near the end zones.  But I agree with you regarding the obnoxiousness of any attendee who tries to tell others how they should act in order to be "good fans".  

It comes down to this: Wherever you sit in this stadium, your experience is significantly influenced by the level of alcohol consumption of the people in your section. After 33 years of being a season ticket holder, I can say with confidence that over consumption of alcohol is the one and only thing that ruins the game day experience (aside from the Jets sucking, of course).

Hey, for all I know in 233 there are two families who give their unwanted tickets to the same 6 drunk 20 year olds and that's what's skewing my perception.  I can only report on what I know about the Mezz Club's based on my proximity, I don't hop seats at games, I like my location and have never explored other areas.

The OP wanted to know if the vibe is any different in the Mezz Club's and that is my observation.  Because the clientele is more uppity, when a day-tripper stops in during a bad game or bad season, he gets a touch more unruly because the faces looking back at him aren't other drunk college students they're sober, successful adults.

SAR I

18 hours ago, Burnt Clutch said:

SAR:

Thank you for your very detailed and insightful reply.  Your posts are always the best when it comes to seating choices.  As someone who comes into work on Monday Mornings with no voice and a screaming headache, I can see why my 20-something year old brethren should avoid the club seats when with the boys.  I'll have to behave when taking the wife to club seats.  But it seems like for the one or two games she comes to, it would be best just to grab some seats there rather than make her "suffer" in the lowers.  I just didn't want to be in a totally sterile environment with no life to it (corporates).  Otherwise I'd truly make her suffer down low.  Plus getting in and out of the stadium quickly must be nice.

Thank you for the kind words.

Let me clarify that the fans in the Mezz Club's are quite boisterous, they aren't any different that anyone in my section sitting over the wall in the standard seats, really good fans, really into it, never an issue of a sterile corporate environment at all, bring your wife you'll have a great experience.

The only variance I have observed is when we are a bad team or playing a crap game against a weak opponent on a Sunday or Monday night.  Those games are the ones that Club owners bail on, they're not going to have a good time, so they sell their seats cheap online and that's when some upper deck types can invade and that's when the culture-clash of 20 year old college drunks sitting next to 55 year old vice presidents can become uncomfortable.  "What's wrong with you people?  Stand up!"  No one needs a drunkard's lecture in those situations, bad enough it's 11 at night on a Monday and the Jets are losing by 20 to the Bucs.

SAR I

Interesting perspective from you folks

We're in the Mezz end zone so we see both areas you are talking about

Lower level always stands much more than above. This is because most people stand only because someone gets up in front of them and there are a lot more rows down there. I have always thought that it is because those down low just do not get a good view. Notice that cameras, announcers, owners are always at the Mezz type levels in all stadiums? 

As far as club seats, they will always be quieter because a lot of people spend an inordinate amount of times out of their seats.

As older folk, we never stand unless someone gets up in front. Since there are so many empty seats around us, this doesn't seem to happen much. Most seats around us must be stub hubbed because there are only a handful of regulars around us. Most "interlopers" seem to be your young drunk types but they are rarely trouble. In fact we had four in front of us for Cincy who called down 4 of their friends to sit in the empty seats next to us. We had a ball with them until most passed out for the 4th Q. Told them to remember the seats and come back sometime.

Now to actually answer the question posed:

Mezz is always better than same yd line LL. View is way better. Also, try the EZ from time to time, especially the Mezz. When the ball is on your side, you have the best seats in the stadium. You also get a great view of plays and holes developing. Just try not to jump up in the middle of a play. Our knees can't keep up.

35 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Interesting perspective from you folks

We're in the Mezz end zone so we see both areas you are talking about

Lower level always stands much more than above. This is because most people stand only because someone gets up in front of them and there are a lot more rows down there. I have always thought that it is because those down low just do not get a good view. Notice that cameras, announcers, owners are always at the Mezz type levels in all stadiums? 

As far as club seats, they will always be quieter because a lot of people spend an inordinate amount of times out of their seats.

As older folk, we never stand unless someone gets up in front. Since there are so many empty seats around us, this doesn't seem to happen much. Most seats around us must be stub hubbed because there are only a handful of regulars around us. Most "interlopers" seem to be your young drunk types but they are rarely trouble. In fact we had four in front of us for Cincy who called down 4 of their friends to sit in the empty seats next to us. We had a ball with them until most passed out for the 4th Q. Told them to remember the seats and come back sometime.

Now to actually answer the question posed:

Mezz is always better than same yd line LL. View is way better. Also, try the EZ from time to time, especially the Mezz. When the ball is on your side, you have the best seats in the stadium. You also get a great view of plays and holes developing. Just try not to jump up in the middle of a play. Our knees can't keep up.

Love the avatar.   I was a huge fan!! 

Archived