Luke Cage

RutgersJetFan

I am digging the mix of blaxpoloitation and hip hop that guides the show. Using Adrian Younge to score the main soundtrack was really brilliant, and there are several tracks taken from both Twelve Reasons to Die albums that fit perfectly.

Not sure how many people have picked up on it, but each episode title is the name of a Gang Starr track.

On 10/1/2016 at 2:41 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I am digging the mix of blaxpoloitation and hip hop that guides the show. Using Adrian Younge to score the main soundtrack was really brilliant, and there are several tracks taken from both Twelve Reasons to Die albums that fit perfectly.

Not sure how many people have picked up on it, but each episode title is the name of a Gang Starr track.

Funny enough I actually recognized the titles from someplace but not sure were.  I googled it.  Pretty impressed with myself. Love the show. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Funny enough I actually recognized the titles from someplace but not sure were.  I googled it.  Pretty impressed with myself. Love the show. 

Only thing I was confused about is why they had to use an edited version of Bring Da Ruckus for the Atticus scene. With the language in the show I don't get how a few more f-bombs would have been excessive.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Only thing I was confused about is why they had to use an edited version of Bring Da Ruckus for the Atticus scene. With the language in the show I don't get how a few more f-bombs would have been excessive.

Not sure.  Are all the songs parental versions? Show is so well done.  Amazing how good Netflix got at doing these series. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and now Luke Cage. 

On October 1, 2016 at 2:41 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

You ever watch Samaurai Champloo? It's on Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived