### Jets \ Seahawks --- The Official Game Thread ###

Larz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets have the problem the Knicks had forever, which may or may not have been cured by Phil Jackson, depending on what happens with Porzingis and what you think of this offseasons moves. 

Anyway, the issue is not being able to look in the mirror and realize that the team isn't good. Not sucks, but not good. Because in draft oriented leagues, it's better to go full suck for a while and accumulate picks and save money.

Jets prefer to "ride the treadmill", sort of competing (not really, but I guess they figure it sells tickets), sort of rebuilding, but in actuality doing neither. 

Large $ spent on Revis = waste

$ spent on Harris  = waste

$ spent on Fitz = waste

Better to have embraced the sucktitude for two or three years. Instead, Jets fans get one pretend good year  (last year), the suck that is real this year (except not bad enough, so Jets will draft like 6-10th, instead of 1st or 2nd) followed by a "meh" year next year, and another mid round pick in the first round.

Just Everlasting Treadmill of Suck

I went to the game so I didn't hear or see everything. I'm trying to catch up now at home watching the post game show on SNY. Basically the NYJ game plan was conservative. The problem was that Seattle stopped Forte and the running game was ineffective. The young receivers didn't have good games esp Robbie Anderson. The short passing game esp to Bilal worked. They should have gone more with what was working esp more targets to Q. They threw one pass to the tight end a key play in a drive and he dropped a pass right to him. Basically the Seattle playmakers made the plays and our guys didn't. The biggest problem so far with this team is the secondary and again giving up big plays esp on 3rd downs. But the key play of the game was Fitz's first pick. It turned around the entire game. It was under thrown and a terrible play by Fitz. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I went to the game so I didn't hear or see everything. I'm trying to catch up now at home watching the post game show on SNY. Basically the NYJ game plan was conservative. The problem was that Seattle stopped Forte and the running game was ineffective. The young receivers didn't have good games esp Robbie Anderson. The short passing game esp to Bilal worked. They should have gone more with what was working esp more targets to Q. They threw one pass to the tight end a key play in a drive and he dropped a pass right to him. Basically the Seattle playmakers made the plays and our guys didn't. The biggest problem so far with this team is the secondary and again giving up big plays esp on 3rd downs. But the key play of the game was Fitz's first pick. It turned around the entire game. It was under thrown and a terrible play by Fitz. 

The biggest problem is our offense cant score points. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Of course the Jets game plan was conservative.

Last week Chan tried to be aggressive and he was criticized that he was letting Fitz throw it to much.

Chan has to be worried that Fitz is going to blow it. Even with that there were 3 INTs......

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Last week Chan tried to be aggressive and he was criticized that he was letting Fitz throw it to much.

Chan has to be worried that Fitz is going to blow it. Even with that there were 3 INTs......

Fitz is DONE

25 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

1 of those picks was major and IMO the key play of the game. The other two were either not his fault or at the end of the game when you throw a ball up. Unfortunately all it did was pad Sherman's stats something he lives for but fans like me who can't stand him hate. Again if the running game was at all successful a closer game. As for Gailey possibly Bowles forced him to tone it down with the longer passes. Esp with Decker out and starting two rookie wide receivers. Unfortunately they didn't come through although Peake made an alert play on that lucky gift TD.

42 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

It wasn't conservative this week. It was just as stupid as it was last week. The only difference is that Bowles told him to run more.

Just like last week we kept doing the same things that don't work and avoid what is working. Last week the passing wasn't working so we kept at it. This week we kept passing to Marshall against Sherman which wasn't working. Then we would run Forte to the outside although it produced nothing. Then we'd run him inside over and over for three yards. However Powell did well when he took the ball but we barely handoff to him. It's madness. 

Archived