No Home Field Advantage Today

isired

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I thought PSL's were supposed to stop this. 

22 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I believe SAR can educate us on this topic

PSL's allow loyal Jets fans to attend the games they can and easily sell the ones they can't.

Busy executives with 4 kids have other responsibilities like work travel, coaching hockey, travel soccer tournaments, etc.

There is nothing stopping Jets fans from buying my outstanding seats for face value.  Like you, joewilly.  I'll be happy to sell all my seats for games where I have conflicts to you and then you can make sure they get into the hands of Jets fans who please you.

SAR I

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

PSL's allow loyal Jets fans to attend the games they can and easily sell the ones they can't.

Busy executives with 4 kids have other responsibilities like work travel, coaching hockey, travel soccer tournaments, etc.

There is nothing stopping Jets fans from buying my outstanding seats for face value.  Like you, joewilly.  I'll be happy to sell all my seats to you and then you can make sure they get into the hands of Jets fans who please you.

SAR I

When the Jets put a product on the field thats worth spending my hard earned money on I will keep that mind. Thanks 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

When the Jets put a product on the field thats worth spending my hard earned money on I will keep that mind. Thanks 

Your issue:  Too many enemy fans in MetLife Stadium.

Your solution:  Don't go to any games.

Pay up or shut up.  Those are your options.

SAR I

jet fans are plenty loyal

give them something to cheer about and the stadium is as loud as can be

I have no issue with fans selling tickets when they decide the return on their investment by attending does not exceed the return from selling

I have many psls-have been going since I was a small kid-dad going since day one and still attends with me
 but now on my dollar

Jet jets fleece fans for every dollar they can get -if fans want to get some back when the team stinks so be it

a can of beer $12 for a decent brand....

Your issue:  Too many enemy fans in MetLife Stadium.

Your solution:  Don't go to any games.

Pay up or shut up.  Those are your options.

SAR I

When I had season tickets pre PSLs i went to every game NO EXCUSES so did others when they were forced out and didnt want to put money in Woody's account the fan base that attended the games changed.  I was a regular customer for years bring the family bringing the children later on the neighbors the friends up until the PSLs I've been back many times and I dont see the dedication the passionate Jets in the same seats every week. 

10 hours ago, no psls said:

That's because this new stadium is a farce . The PSL cost so much , nobody is going to games . They are just trying to recoup the money they have laid out . No home field advantage here . F-CK WOODY . BUILD US OUR OWN STADIUM !!!!!!!

My PSL's cost me $13 a game, chump change.  The most affordable PSL's were in the lower level and could be had for $7 a game, the cost of half a beer.

The Jets didn't raise ticket prices from 2009 to 2016, that's 7 years worth of savings, offset about 80% of the cost of the PSL by my estimation.

MetLife is our own stadium. 

SAR I

My PSL's cost me $13 a game, chump change.  The most affordable PSL's were in the lower level and could be had for $7 a game, the cost of half a beer.

The Jets didn't raise ticket prices from 2009 to 2016, that's 7 years worth of savings, offset about 80% of the cost of the PSL by my estimation.

MetLife is our own stadium. 

SAR I

They havent won anything either. 

MetLife is a shared stadium with the NY Giants. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When I had season tickets pre PSLs i went to every game NO EXCUSES so did others when they were forced out and didnt want to put money in Woody's account the fan base that attended the games changed.  I was a regular customer for years bring the family bringing the children later on the neighbors the friends up until the PSLs I've been back many times and I dont see the dedication the passionate Jets in the same seats every week. 

I'll say this again:

YOU are the reason the stadium is infiltrated by enemy fans.  YOU stopped going to games.  YOU are the reason you are upset.

There are approximately 8,000 seats available for each Jets game each week on Stubhub, that's less than 10% of the entire stadium, hardly an epidemic.  And when I do have to sell for those Monday/Sunday night games that are impossible for a parent or when I'm traveling out of state my seats always are purchased by an enemy fan.  Why?  Because Jets fans are cheap, they won't pay face value, they used the PSL process as an excuse to quit on the team, they blame the people who actually show up instead of the ones from Giants Stadium who opted out over a measly $7 a game.

Show up or shut up.  Those are your options.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They havent won anything either. 

MetLife is a shared stadium with the NY Giants. 

There is nothing "Giants" about MetLife Stadium.  On the whopping 10 days a year we play there it looks 100% like Jets Stadium.  What it looks like on the 355 days a year we don't play there is of no consequence to anyone. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'll say this again:

YOU are the reason the stadium is infiltrated by enemy fans.  YOU stopped going to games.  YOU are the reason you are upset.

There are approximately 8,000 seats available for each Jets game each week on Stubhub, that's less than 10% of the entire stadium, hardly an epidemic.  And when I do have to sell for those Monday/Sunday night games that are impossible for a parent or when I'm traveling out of state my seats always are purchased by an enemy fan.  Why?  Because Jets fans are cheap, they won't pay face value, they used the PSL process as an excuse to quit on the team.

SAR I

I managed to last 20+ years  attending every home game the last 4 i missed s few due to Pop Warner 

If you make it that long then we can rekindle this conversation. 

Until then enjoy it I do miss it win or lose. 

joewilly12 

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is nothing "Giants" about MetLife Stadium.  On the whopping 10 days a year we play there it looks 100% like Jets Stadium.  What it looks like on the 355 days a year we don't play there is of no consequence to anyone. 

SAR I

You show up every game as well and then your opinion might actually count for something. 

Money bought you into the stadium it doesn't make you a better fan than fans who dont attend games, 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I managed to last 20+ years  attending every home game years the last 4 i missed s few due to Pop Warner 

If you make it that long then we can rekindle this conversation. 

Until then enjoy it I do miss it win or lose. 

joewilly12 

I took countless buses from Port Authority to Giants Stadium looking for scalped tickets in my youth, can't tell you how many times I missed half the game sitting on a bus back to Manhattan when I couldn't find a seat.  I have been a season ticket holder since 2001, for the first 9 years I drove 10 hours round trip from my home in New Hampshire to watch awful Herm Edwards and Eric Mangini teams, spending nights in hotels, stranding my wife and young kids, facing ice and snow and tractor trailers at midnight.  I'm the last person you should be scolding about loyalty and season ticket holdership.

MetLife was sold out and full of Jets fans back when we were going to AFC Championship Games.  But as soon as the team went south the upper deckers decided not to renew their season tickets and that started the problem we face now.  Sound familiar?  I'm certain it does.  Get your ass back in the stadium.  You are what's missing, not the people who actually show up each week.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PSL owners are the fans who were on the lousy waitlist, like me from 1988 to 2001, who finally got their day in court to purchase the seats they wanted.  I'm glad you're gone, it means people like me could get the seats we waited decades for.

What I won't tolerate is your whining about how quiet the stadium is sometimes or how many enemy fans you see on TV.  Put down the pretzels, lock the basement door, get your ass to the stadium, problem solved.

You are the problem.  You stopped going to games.  Oh, but blame the fans who are so dedicated to the team that they accepted a PSL fee and spend thousands of dollars to enjoy the privilege you were granted simply by being born into a family with grandpa's seats.  Yeah, that makes sense.

Show up or shut up.  Those are the options.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You show up every game as well and then your opinion might actually count for something. 

Money bought you into the stadium it doesn't make you a better fan than fans who dont attend games, 

I went to every game last year.  I have been to both games this year.

Yesterday, my wife and daughter had a soccer game and could not attend.  So I sold 2 of my seats and used the other 2.  Seahawk fans bought my 2 available seats.  You could have.  That's the point.

Hey, you want to be cheap and lazy and stay home that's cool, I'm not going to tell you how to spend your fun money.  But keep your mouth shut about your opinion of how loyal and dedicated fans sound through the speakers of your TV.  It's not of your concern.  You made it this way, you made the bed, you lie in it.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I relax man its all good. 

No reason to HATE. 

We are all in this together. 

Someday i hope to return and buy PSLs. 

Not today. 

I don't hate; I'm a bit sensitive to fans who no-show and blame those of us who make the effort.

Either way, looks like I'll have a lot of seats up for grabs this season, let me know when you want to catch a game, no charge.

SAR I

On 10/2/2016 at 2:31 PM, isired said:

It's finally happened, there are so many Seahawks fans here they are almost as loud as us during each teams' highlights, their defense is raising their hands asking for more noise, it's just sad. Its nit like the Seahawks are the Steelers, Cowboys or Raiders, teams that always travel well. Never saw anything like this at Shea or the old Meadowlands.

Get used to it. This stadium was built and tailored around club seats. The entire game day experience just sucks. I spent a few xtra bucks last year on the Thursday night bills game to be under cover in case it rained. I was in the Toyota box or whatever the **** it's called. So in front of me is 5 French canadiens who can't speak English. This one guy starts tearing his jets gear off and starts walking side by side waving his hands in the air J-E-T-S jets jets jets every time the bills scored. Fking security did nothing to this guy and I wound up walking out in the 3rd quarter disgusted. It's nicer to get disgusted at home where I can change the channel and save $300 on a horrible game day xp.

i miss the old stadium and the spirals. The new stadium is absolute garbage. I went to arrowhead last week and went right through the gates 30 minutes before kickoff (no lines). That stadium is 44 years old, ours is 6 years old. I really enjoyed the game day xp at arrowhead and the stadium is great. It's like the old giants stadium with no mezzanine and it has spirals!!

1 hour ago, no psls said:

Just because you're an old fart and don't go to games should not keep us from having our OWN home field . 

I've been a season ticket holder for over 30 years , I may be an old fart but I'm there every game cheering for my team.

And no having a building named Jets Field won't change the dynamic of opposing fans making "our" stadium look like a visiting venue. 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Having our own stadium isn't going to solve this issue. The problem today is people don't want to shell out large $$$ for entertainment they can view from the comfort of their homes with a 60 inch TV.  Furthermore some of the people buying the tickets are looking to go to a few games and sell the remaining games at a profit to pay for their season ticket cost.  The days of stadiums being filled with 90% of home team fans is over, the NFL money making machine has put a death knell to that.

(Old fart raises hand). Jets home games used to be blacked out back in 1978 and they were on the radio that summer begging people to buy season tickets. One ticket cost like $13 back then? Lmfao so me and my brother got season tickets in 1978 when I was 13 lol. Those days were fun and I loved Leon Hess, he never made you pay for preseason tickets and he moved them out of Shea to Giants stadium.

you are 100% right about wanting to stay home nowadays. The game day xp sucks at the new stadium. We gave up our season tix after the 2007 season to say **** you to the Jets.

2 minutes ago, BP said:

(Old fart raises hand). Jets home games used to be blacked out back in 1978 and they were on the radio that summer begging people to buy season tickets. One ticket cost like $13 back then? Lmfao so me and my brother got season tickets in 1978 when I was 13 lol. Those days were fun and I loved Leon Hess, he never made you pay for preseason tickets and he moved them out of Shea to Giants stadium.

you are 100% right about wanting to stay home nowadays. The game day xp sucks at the new stadium. We gave up our season tix after the 2007 season to say **** you to the Jets.

I'm still a season ticket holder and still go to almost every game. The gameday experience at the new stadium is lousy compared to that at the Old stadium. For some reason the Jets marketing team thinks football fans need to be entertained every second of the game with garbage gimmicks, stupid crap on the video boards and incessantly loud music blaring all the time. Its football make the experience about the game not all the other ancillary sh*t. 

One more thing about arrowhead. The tickets were cheap and they have a cash parking lot where you can pay $40 on game day. The beers inside were $9.50 but I spent half the amount of money I'd spend going to MetLife and had a better time.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'm still a season ticket holder and still go to almost every game. The gameday experience at the new stadium is lousy compared to that at the Old stadium. For some reason the Jets marketing team thinks football fans need to be entertained every second of the game with garbage gimmicks, stupid crap on the video boards and incessantly loud music blaring all the time. Its football make the experience about the game not all the other ancillary sh*t. 

And what's with the screaming PA announcer? I hate that sh*t, I hear it in Miami every time I go there. And now I gotta hear this douche every time I go to a Jets game or a Rutgers game. 

Shame on you lol didn't the Jets raise ticket prices this year? Like that was really needed hahaha and now they have a sh*t product jets fans are now paying more for and people wonder why the stadium is loaded with opposing fans?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I took countless buses from Port Authority to Giants Stadium looking for scalped tickets in my youth, can't tell you how many times I missed half the game sitting on a bus back to Manhattan when I couldn't find a seat.  I have been a season ticket holder since 2001, for the first 9 years I drove 10 hours round trip from my home in New Hampshire to watch awful Herm Edwards and Eric Mangini teams, spending nights in hotels, stranding my wife and young kids, facing ice and snow and tractor trailers at midnight.  I'm the last person you should be scolding about loyalty and season ticket holdership.

MetLife was sold out and full of Jets fans back when we were going to AFC Championship Games.  But as soon as the team went south the upper deckers decided not to renew their season tickets and that started the problem we face now.  Sound familiar?  I'm certain it does.  Get your ass back in the stadium.  You are what's missing, not the people who actually show up each week.

SAR I

2001? So you're a woody generation season ticket holder? I had them for 30 years. In 2031 get back to me on quitting, ok?

48 minutes ago, BP said:

2001? So you're a woody generation season ticket holder? I had them for 30 years. In 2031 get back to me on quitting, ok?

I wanted season tickets since 1988 but people like you hoarded them and I could not get them.

Still, I attended 2-3 games a year for 15 years going to parking lot scalpers, the back pages of the Daily News, Pennysaver, and wherever I could find them.

The vast majority of quitters didn't even want their tickets, we know what went on, sell 4 games for 3x face value, attend 4 games for free, make a profit.  That gravy train ended, boo hoo, all these supposed "long time" season ticket holders bailed like a cheap suit.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't hate; I'm a bit sensitive to fans who no-show and blame those of us who make the effort.

Either way, looks like I'll have a lot of seats up for grabs this season, let me know when you want to catch a game, no charge.

SAR I

Thank you Jets fan brother I appreciate that. 

This is what its about. 

I love this place and the members who make it so great.

2 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Great to see joewilly and SAR make nice. joe, please accept SAR's invitation and attend a game with him. 

SAR I is a good guy even before the ticket offer he's a compassionate dedicated fan of the Jets just like many of us. 

Sometimes we let frustration get in the way of things. 

This team brings out the best and worst of many of us. 

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I wanted season tickets since 1988 but people like you hoarded them and I could not get them.

Still, I attended 2-3 games a year for 15 years going to parking lot scalpers, the back pages of the Daily News, Pennysaver, and wherever I could find them.

The vast majority of quitters didn't even want their tickets, we know what went on, sell 4 games for 3x face value, attend 4 games for free, make a profit.  That gravy train ended, boo hoo, all these supposed "long time" season ticket holders bailed like a cheap suit.

SAR I

So since 2010 and the new stadium, how many home playoff games have you been to? you're spending all of your money on a garbage product and are bragging about it? Well I can tell you that this quitter is pointing and laughing at prestigious season ticket holders (like yourself) while I stay home and watch the games on the big cheap flat screen

Also I want to add that four of the greatest game day experiences I ever had were the jets clinching their first playoff birth in a billion years against Green Bay in 1981 at shea (I froze my ass off at that game) the home playoff wins against jax in January 99 and the Indy playoff game in 2002. And the last game ever at giants stadium in 2009 against cincy. She's stadium and Giants stadium was rocking very loud in all those games!

28 minutes ago, BP said:

Also I want to add that four of the greatest game day experiences I ever had were the jets clinching their first playoff birth in a billion years against Green Bay in 1981 at shea (I froze my ass off at that game) the home playoff wins against jax in January 99 and the Indy playoff game in 2002. And the last game ever at giants stadium in 2009 against cincy. She's stadium and Giants stadium was rocking very loud in all those games!

All great games. But that Cincy game was one damn cold night. . 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

All great games. But that Cincy game was one damn cold night. . 

It was too cold to tailgate. We tailgated at a friends house 10 minutes away and received a police escort into the stadium. I snuck a plastic flask of blackberry brandy in under my skull cap. After the game my beer was freezing in the parking lot.

i used to sneak a bottle of Bacardi in in a loaf of Italian bread back in the old days. We had the top of the bread notched, so you take it off to pour without being noticed. Everybody would be laughing at us.

1 minute ago, BP said:

It was too cold to tailgate. We tailgated at a friends house 10 minutes away and received a police escort into the stadium. I snuck a plastic flask of blackberry brandy in under my skull cap. After the game my beer was freezing in the parking lot.

i used to sneak a bottle of Bacardi in in a loaf of Italian bread back in the old days. We had the top of the bread notched, so you take it off to pour without being noticed. Everybody would be laughing at us.

We had a bonfire going . My car smelled like smoke for about a week afterwards. 

5 minutes ago, BP said:

Those were the days BP I remember a Cowboys game cold and sleeting out I carried in a sleeping with 24 cans of Budweiser in it I was handing them out to everyone who was sitting around me. 

Archived