No Home Field Advantage Today

isired

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, BP said:

How would you know what it's like going to the mezzanine or upper deck? You're in the lower deck. have you ever seen those escalators? Lol you sound like you work for the Jets.

jetspack_zps3b425335.jpg

firstrow_zpsdb840990.jpg

Mezzanine A Row 1, very happy thank you. 

I took a stadium tour before the construction was completed, I've seen enough of the upper deck to know how it operates.

SAR I

Good thread. Some quick thoughts on a few of the points here.

I like the new stadium. I have had zero traffic issues so far this season. I am not a fan of the parking staff at MetLife, but they haven't negatively impacted me yet this year.

I love the better food and beer options. There is now dogfish head 60 min IPA by me. That's a world class IPA.

I love the tiny lines at the restrooms. I'd almost forgotten how I would spend like all of halftime and the beginning of 3q on one pee in the old place.

Love the view from my seats.

There was a rowdy drunken fan incident right in front of me at bengals game. I texted jets and it didn't work. I recorded some of the incident and intend to show that to the jets plus a screenshot of text failing. Just been busy last few weeks but will send soon.

Regardign cost of STH, this isn't a fair way of looking at it, but my psls were paid off so long ago I just don't think about it. I want to go to all games if I can, so I just pay face for all tickets. I get 15% off concessions and merchandise via MasterCard discount on jets rewards card. And I effectively get value priced parking (face from the jets is a good deal as passes are often selling above face on stubhub).  From that perspective, it's expensive, but not that much worse than a la carte. And it's effortless, love my seats, have a few friends in the section now, etc

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

The brilliance of MetLife Stadium's design is that it's a pie cut into 4 equal sized slices.  Unlike these other stadiums like Arrowhead where people could move freely around the entire circumference, MetLife is like 4 smaller stadiums in 1, you enter the Verizon quad you stay in the Verizon quad, the only way around is to go all the way out of the gate and walk around out on the plaza.  So you don't need more than 1 escalator per gate, you don't need 4 sets of spirals, it's great as it is because there isn't a shift of bodies from one side to the other like it was in Giants Stadium with everyone running in circles after a game to get to an exit nearest their parking lot.

SAR I

This new stadium is a cluster-**** . Bring back the spirals !!!

7 hours ago, Cornfed said:

There was a rowdy drunken fan incident right in front of me at bengals game. I texted jets and it didn't work. I recorded some of the incident and intend to show that to the jets plus a screenshot of text failing. Just been busy last few weeks but will send soon.

Well done . Since the fight didn't involve selfies or facebook , the Jets staff could care less . Their priorities are all screwed up . How about stressing FOOTBALL , which is why we are there ?

1 hour ago, no psls said:

This new stadium is a cluster-**** . Bring back the spirals !!!

Doesn't it bother you that every assumption you have ever made about the PSL process is wrong?  Like does it make you angry when you see a stadium full of happy fans?  Like do you get depressed when no one calls radio talk shows to complain about prices? 

As Cornfed said, Jets fans who wrote PSL checks to the Jets don't even think about the money anymore, it was 8 years ago. 

Did you stop smoking and shoot your dog yet?

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Doesn't it bother you that every assumption you have ever made about the PSL process is wrong?  Like does it make you angry when you see a stadium full of happy fans?  Like do you get depressed when no one calls radio talk shows to complain about prices? 

As Cornfed said, Jets fans who wrote PSL checks to the Jets don't even think about the money anymore, it was 8 years ago. 

Did you stop smoking and shoot your dog yet?

SAR I

SHILL SHILL SHILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, no psls said:

SHILL SHILL SHILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HONEST FAN HONEST FAN HONEST FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love MetLife Stadium, I think it's a great facility to watch a football game, it's a great atmosphere for my kids, and it feels far more Jets-centric than Mets Stadium or Giants Stadium ever did. 

But stay bitter, old man.  It's what the world needs.  One more bitter old timer waving his cane as the world passes him by.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

HONEST FAN HONEST FAN HONEST FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love MetLife Stadium, I think it's a great facility to watch a football game, it's a great atmosphere for my kids, and it feels far more Jets-centric than Mets Stadium or Giants Stadium ever did. 

But stay bitter, old man.  It's what the world needs.  One more bitter old timer waving his cane as the world passes him by.

SAR I

SHILL SHILL SHILL !!!!! Stop kissing Woody's ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, no psls said:

SHILL SHILL SHILL !!!!! Stop kissing Woody's ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am forever grateful to Woody Johnson for instituting the PSL process to rid the stadium of people who inherited their grandfather's seats and sold them to scalpers which allowed everyone on the 20,000 person waiting list to get what they yearned for for decades and finally were granted:  The ability to buy seats with a decent view for a fair price.

I am not a kiss-ass but if Woody Johnson were here and wanted me to kiss his ass, literally, like lips to cheek, I would do it in a heartbeat.  I owe him so much for what he did for me and my family through the PSL process, it would be an honor.

And, as an added bonus, it allows the tables to turn, someone like you who made big money off of the backs of decent Jets fans like me all those years, all those payoffs from dirty scalpers, well, shoe's on the other foot, enjoy the game on TV while the rest of us have a great time in your seats, pops.

SAR I

I don't hate; I'm a bit sensitive to fans who no-show and blame those of us who make the effort.
Either way, looks like I'll have a lot of seats up for grabs this season, let me know when you want to catch a game, no charge.
SAR I
I want to be clear - my point in the OP wasn't to shame the STH who sold the game. With PSLs plus super-high gameday ticket prices, you can't blame the fans who see a chance to recoup some of that and plan from the start to sell the 3-4 'marquis' games on the schedule. My issue is more whether this was a smart thing for the Jets, a team with far more non-playoff seasons than playoff seasons, long-term - from a home field advantage standpoint, from the players standpoint, and a potentially empty stadium nfull of no-shows not generating gameday revenue. Last Sunday doesn't hurt the Jets in that sense, all fans are paying customers, but what about when a bad team comes to play our bad team in Nov/Dec? And what about when some of those sold "recoup my expense" games end up having playoff implications, and the opponents fans are just as loud?

I have seasons in 146 and I said the exact same thing. They were everywhere... I guess that's what happens after a 8 turnover game... people sell their tickets in disgust. 
I think most of these seats were sold, or at least put up for sale, long before the 8 turnovers... the Seahawks don't get here that often, they've had a good run the last several years so are a bandwagon fave right now, so it was a prime recoup game.
I was at the game. I didn't think the Seahawk fans were that boisterous. I have seen worse with Raider and Steeler fans.
They were loud, they were cheering and doing chants in unison, and it's the Seahawks, not the Steelers, Raiders or Cowboys.

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Mets home crowd is what the Jets need. Should have kept them both together on the Island.

The Mets home crowd is the Jets home crowd.  The Mets are Championship caliber and have found their franchise quarterback(s) where we have not, it's the only thing keeping us less energized.

If, God willing, we ever find a quarterback and host the AFC Championship Game, trust me, the building will shake from all the intensity and support.

SAR I

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, isired said:

Will he curious to see - do Jets fans come out to boo, or do they roll over and make it a sea of purple? I don't think the Ravens travel well at all, so it's not like there's big $$ out there.

Raven fans were all over the place for the first ever game at our new Stadium in 2010.

8 minutes ago, isired said:

Will he curious to see - do Jets fans come out to boo, or do they roll over and make it a sea of purple? I don't think the Ravens travel well at all, so it's not like there's big $$ out there.

I spoke with an acquaintance from Baltimore last night who is a season ticket holder and is part of a significantly sized tailgate down there and he said his whole crew came up on Sunday for the Giants game and wouldn't be making the trip again. 

I think they'll be 5-10k baltimore fans, but not as many as there could be because it's back to back weeks.  

Neighbor just walks over asks how are you feeling is everything ok if you're up to it you can have the 4 tickets to Sundays Jets game.

My reply I really appreciate the offer but id rather sit this season out as long as the bearded bum and the moron head coach are part of this team. 

He laughs and says me too looks like they will go on TicketMaster along with the rest of the season we can sit home and be miserable together where the beer is cheaper and theres no line to the bathroom. 

15 minutes ago, isired said:

Ravens travel REALLY well when it's a 5 hour drive north and a 3 hour train ride from Baltimore. I'm on the fence myself on whether to sell my two extras for this Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

OMG, the stadium will be filled with Ravens fans next week.

ugh

A result of the product presented on the field. It's not worth it for non-DieHards to go to a NFL game. Just the slowness of the game drives people away. 

I'm just hoping for nice clear non-windy Tailgate weather :) 

Just now, section314 said:

Everybody who is thinking about protesting this week, pick the next game. When they honor Dennis Byrd this weekend and you sold your seats to a Ravens fan, shame on you.

Thats on the NY Jets not the fans we have endured enough this season. Free tickets couldn't get me anywhere near that dumpster fire been there done that. 

1 minute ago, mphtrilogy said:

this will be a stadium of majority of away teams fans ..

sad state of affairs

Maybe this is what ownership,management and the players need a wake up call 

I love the NY Jets but I'm not wasting my time and money going to the stadium until they clean this sh*t up 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats on the NY Jets not the fans we have endured enough this season. Free tickets couldn't get me anywhere near that dumpster fire been there done that. 

With all your rants about Fitz, Bowles, MacC, etc., I've always believed you when you said you are a die hard Jets fan. But when you would stay home when you could honor one of the most remarkable, inspirational people who has ever wore an NFL, and not just a Jets uniform, I seriously have my doubts. Think back to that day in 1994 when Byrd walked out onto that field before the Denver game, and the emotion that filled the old stadium. It was a top 5 moment in my 37 years of having season tickets. He deserves a special day Sunday, in a stadium filled with our fans. Reconsider. You will regret it. 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

With all your rants about Fitz, Bowles, MacC, etc., I've always believed you when you said you are a die hard Jets fan. But when you would stay home when you could honor one of the most remarkable, inspirational people who has ever wore an NFL, and not just a Jets uniform, I seriously have my doubts. Think back to that day in 1994 when Byrd walked out onto that field before the Denver game, and the emotion that filled the old stadium. It was a top 5 moment in my 37 years of having season tickets. He deserves a special day Sunday, in a stadium filled with our fans. Reconsider. You will regret it. 

I was at the game when Byrd was injured I was also at the game he walked on the field.  Dennis Byrd deserves all that more but lets not use Dennis Byrd to get the fans back I'm  a lifelong diehard fan who bleeds green this season has been disastrous on and off the field. I endured the 1-15 season under Kotite stayed every game till the end I stayed to witness the Monday Night Miracle. i will remember Dennis Byrd for his heart he had as a player something many of the players dont have today. You enjoy the day at the stadium  dont judge others by their choices. 

LOL damn neighbor is persistent come on take the tickets I dont want to be accused of selling them to a Ravens fan. You need to get out of the house after surgery enjoy the day free on me. My reply was listen I really appreciate the offer and all the other offers during the season to go to games. I would just rather not. This season has been a nightmare to all Jets fans sell the tickets recoup what ever money you can while you still can. Thanks but no thanks. 

2 hours ago, isired said:

Oh there will be a ton of Raven fans there Sunday.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Public humiliation coming Sunday much well deserved hopefully Woody Johnson sees it and gets it.

It sucks going to the games where we feel like the visitors. Oh well, I hope for good weather a nice tailgate and I pray that Fitz's ass is stapled to the bench.

Archived