I miss Rex

drdetroit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Its all Idziks fault! NOT. He has had 7 complete seasons as an NFL coach. He has made the playoffs 2 of them. He has not had a winning season in 5 years when it comes to W-L. I let the numbers speak for themselves.

Again, can anyone name one in-game defensive adjustment made by Bowles this season?

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Name one defensive adjustment Bowles made so far this entire season 

I don't know that he hasn't.  I just know it's not working now.

And I know it worked even less with Rex here. 

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Its all Idziks fault! NOT. He has had 7 complete seasons as an NFL coach. He has made the playoffs 2 of them. He has not had a winning season in 5 years when it comes to W-L. I let the numbers speak for themselves.

when he had talent here he won, when he didn't his teams at least competed.  Right now we have top 10 talent and we aren't competing.

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We are mediocre under Bowles.

We were a laughingstock with Rex.

I would rather be mediocre than a laughingstock

The Jets do not have top ten talent. They have a good D-Line, Marshall, Decker, and an emerging player in Enunwa. Powell and Forte are quality. A couple others here and there. That's not top ten talent.

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Jets do not have top ten talent. They have a good D-Line, Marshall, Decker, and an emerging player in Enunwa. Powell and Forte are quality. A couple others here and there. That's not top ten talent.

The roster is good enough to compete in the NFL we arent competing we are a sure win for any team we play this season. 

Rex schemes a D 100x better, no question about it. ;-)

And he's found a QB too this go around.

Otherwise, I wouldnt say I miss him.  It's easy to see how his antics can hurt a team from a far.  I was fooled while he was here.

Bowles by all indication is an awful Football coach but I'm not sure Rex is the answer.  It was time.

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The roster is good enough to compete in the NFL we arent competing we are a sure win for any team we play this season. 

The roster is definitely good enough to compete. It's just not top ten in the league.

We were in that game against Seattle yesterday until we fell apart late. We were even in the game against KC with all the mistakes Fitz was making until the end. The first 2 weeks we split and should have won both.

Saying we are a sure win for anyone we play is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

we have so much talent on D it's ridiculous.  week after week after week our D is awful.  Our HC has done an awful job.  

Bowles and staff have been terrible since week 17 of last season. Agreed.

But as I said before, anyone that still defends Schitty does not get to offer a viable opinion on coaching.

For the record, Rex was, is, and will continue to be a buffoon.

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Bowles and staff have been terrible since week 17 of last season. Agreed.

But as I said before, anyone that still defends Schitty does not get to offer a viable opinion on coaching.

For the record, Rex was, is, and will continue to be a buffoon.

cool so  when you agree w/me it's ok, when you disagree I don't get an opinion.  thanks for the clarification.

Jet fans are the worst.

8 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Rex just beat two SuperBowl favorites in Zona and pats* so expect there will be some more celebration dances from the Ryan crew and hey, a Broncos (Lynch) vs Bills AFCCG can't be worse then two pats* vs gialnts SuperBowls, can it?

"so expect there will be some more celebration dances from the Ryan"

Actually there wasn't.  Rex,  in his post game speech ,  did point out that Brady wasn't there.  It was as if to say,  ya we're happy about the win but let's not lose sight of the fact that NE didn't have their team on the field.  Rex seems much more subdued on the field this year.  

7 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Just lose out.  Lose to the Browns when we play them.  Please anything to go 1-15 so we get Watson and we can stop dorking around 

Might not help. Look at the Browns. And the Bucs have been losing ever since their SB win. Some teams seem to do well every year, despite the fact you get a harder schedule after a good year. When the Jets do well, they always seem to suck the next season. So even getting the top pick may not solve the problems. It all depends on who's doing the picking, and does he know what he's doing.

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Pretty good when Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith are your QBs.  Those guys haven't and won't sniff the playoffs ever again.

Rex was a little less dopey than Bowels but Mangini was a little better than Herm who was the same as Groh who was not nearly as good as Parcells who was way better than Kotite who was much worse than Coslet who was about the same as Walton who was not as good as Michaels who was better than.................ugh.

16 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Rex was a little less dopey than Bowels but Mangini was a little better than Herm who was the same as Groh who was not nearly as good as Parcells who was way better than Kotite who was much worse than Coslet who was about the same as Walton who was not as good as Michaels who was better than.................ugh.

Mangini was better then Herm without ever winning a playoff game??:blink:

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Mangini was better then Herm without ever winning a playoff game??:blink:

Honestly I really dont have a strong opinion either way of these 2 guys so I wont dispute your point

Bottom line for me is that when taking away the outlier in Parcells they really are all part of the same steaming pile.

Who stunk worse? I dunno.

11 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I wonder how people can toot Rex's horn about his defensive genius when we all watched how our "terrible" QB torched his defense for close to 400 yards.  How soon we forget.

Johnny Manziel drunk and high throwing to Doug Jolley would put up 400 yards and 5 tds on our defense

4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Honestly I really dont have a strong opinion either way of these 2 guys so I wont dispute your point

Bottom line for me is that when taking away the outlier in Parcells they really are all part of the same steaming pile.

Who stunk worse? I dunno.

Yet two of our ex-head coaches won 2 of the last 3 superbowls

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Yet two of our ex-head coaches won 2 of the last 3 superbowls

I tried to avoid that sore but yeah only the NYJ.

It hurts. 

To be fair BB never coached a game here and the NEP also fired Pete but watching them coach against each other in the SB was painful.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

It hurts. 

To be fair BB never coached a game here and the NEP also fired Pete but watching them coach against each other in the SB was painful.

Almost as painful as watching the Pats Giants SB.

3 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

It hurts. 

To be fair this organization fired Carroll after one season to replace him with Dick Kotite!

OMFG

Rex Ryan's defense just pitched a shutout against the Pats in Gilette. That's never happened before, ever, in that awful lighthouse sh*t piece stadium. And you can say Jacoby whatever but the same team blew out Houston a week ago on the same grass. 

The Jets fire their HC ever 3-5 years so psychopaths who hire skywriters and airplane banners don't cross the line and become actual public nuisances 

some of those firings like Herm and Mangini were certainly justified. But let's be honest Rex is a good NFL HC. In a league where Jeff Fisher always has a job.  Fans confuse firing HC for making things better. Rex wasn't Kotite. He actually righted that ship by firing that OC. Tyrod Taylor is a better QB than anyone on this roster.  

Bowles best case is Rex with a more even temperament. And if we are being more honest Woody made a brave decision hiring Bowles, he was the hottest NFL HC prospect for years, and if he looked like Fisher or even that weirdo Ben McAdoo he would have a HC job years ago. 

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

To be fair this organization fired Carroll after one season to replace him with Dick Kotite!

OMFG

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Rex holding up the Lombardi Trophy this Februaru would the sweetest icing on the cake

OOOf no mercy for the downtrodden. ☺

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Rex Ryan's defense just pitched a shutout against the Pats in Gilette. That's never happened before, ever, in that awful lighthouse sh*t piece stadium. And you can say Jacoby whatever but the same team blew out Houston a week ago on the same grass. 

The Jets fire their HC ever 3-5 years so psychopaths who hire skywriters and airplane banners don't cross the line and become actual public nuisances 

some of those firings like Herm and Mangini were certainly justified. But let's be honest Rex is a good NFL HC. In a league where Jeff Fisher always has a job.  Fans confuse firing HC for making things better. Rex wasn't Kotite. He actually righted that ship by firing that OC. Tyrod Taylor is a better QB than anyone on this roster.  

Bowles best case is Rex with a more even temperament. And if we are being more honest Woody made a brave decision hiring Bowles, he was the hottest NFL HC prospect for years, and if he looked like Fisher or even that weirdo Ben McAdoo he would have a HC job years ago. 

If we are being honest Rex's record says the opposite of how you describe him and I think most fans would take Fisher over Bowles or Rex at this point.

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No Rex is not, at all not in the least.  He's an awful head coach, he is an okay DC....at times. Just because others are awful does not make him good.

44 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Johnny Manziel drunk and high throwing to Doug Jolley would put up 400 yards and 5 tds on our defense

I'm not sure how this answered my question.  I didn't bring up how good or bad Bowles is but how people still talk about Rex's genius.  I'm not convinced that Bowles is or isn't the answer as our coach but I am convinced that the Ryan ship has sailed!

Archived