I miss Rex

drdetroit

This topic should be " Why the Jets let the best coach in NFL history go to help create the four time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots."

Thank you.

Until the Jet's end this decades long period of consistent organizational mediocrity nothing will improve.

What were the Patriots until BB and TB 12 arrived? 

Rex is mediocrity in today's NFL world. Just enough success to yank Jet's fans chains.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

This topic should be " Why the Jets let the best coach in NFL history go to help create the four time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots."

Thank you.

Until the Jet's end this decades long period of consistent organizational mediocrity nothing will improve.

Rex is mediocrity in today's NFL world. Just enough success to yank Jet's fans chains.

Jets fans are obsessed--OBSESSED--with stupid things.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

:inhales: Rex chose Sanchez Rex chose Tyrod Bowles chose Fitzpatrick they deserve what they get there's no one else to blame :exhales:

As we have been reminded endlessly Rex was "hands off" with the offense. 

but even if you don't buy that, those are bad choices.

It's not like Rex and Bowles had much better choices that they passed up.  

The choice was between Sanchez and Clemens? between Fitz and Geno? Between Tyrod and EJ? it's safe to say those are all actually sound choices, given the options.  

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The choice was between Sanchez and Clemens? between Fitz and Geno? Between Tyrod and EJ? it's safe to say those are all actually sound choices, given the options.  

If I choose to eat a dead squirrel instead of my own feces, I still deserve to get botulism.

1 hour ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

Thank you.

The Jets didn't let BB do anything. He wrote his own ticket out of town after resigning like a coward and stealing a million dollars from a dying man. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets didn't let BB do anything. He wrote his own ticket out of town after resigning like a coward and stealing a million dollars from a dying man. 

Is that all you have to offer?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Or Derrick Carr and Calvin Pryor. Or Lynch or Prescott over Hackenberg.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Say it again; someone has to explain why it is that on practically the day Woody Johnson had his bid accepted Bellicick walked out the door and Parcells operationally retired. Why? Johnson was even committed to moving the home office to NJ

17 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Like I said, what do you contribute to this conversation?

17 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You should apply for a job with the Jets organization. Excellent fit!

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

The point I'm trying to make is that the HC pool is even shallower than the QB pool. So yes. He will, for the same reason Jeff Fisher has a job for life. There aren't enough qualified candidates to compete. 

The assistant of the year trophy is a way to tell who the league thinks can be the next HC for some team. Bowles was a brave non re-tread hire. 

Is there really even a HC pool to select from ?

Johnson has not hired an experienced HC since BP.

Every choice since, including the  "asst. of the year" winners have failed.

(Jury is still out on Bowles but the early reviews arent promising.)

You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results right?

On 10/3/2016 at 8:59 AM, nyjunc said:

The problem was never Rex, it was hiring that buffoon after they fired Tannenbaum.  w/ rex we are contenders this year.

Oh yeah, Tannenbaum was a GREAT GM, lets look at some of his draft picks shall we? Quenton Coples, Kyle Wilson, Mo Wilkerson, David Harris, Darrelle Revis, Vlad Ducasse, Stephen Hill, Mark Sanchez, Joe McKnight, Vernon Gholston, Dustin Keller, Shonn Greene, Kenrick Ellis, Jeremy Kerley and a few others that had a cup of coffee with the team. Let's see how many of them are still Jets? Mo, Darrelle and Harris since 2007. Terrible track record and Rex was a big part of that draft "strategy" also.

24 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Oh yeah, Tannenbaum was a GREAT GM, lets look at some of his draft picks shall we? Quenton Coples, Kyle Wilson, Mo Wilkerson, David Harris, Darrelle Revis, Vlad Ducasse, Stephen Hill, Mark Sanchez, Joe McKnight, Vernon Gholston, Dustin Keller, Shonn Greene, Kenrick Ellis, Jeremy Kerley and a few others that had a cup of coffee with the team. Let's see how many of them are still Jets? Mo, Darrelle and Harris since 2007. Terrible track record and Rex was a big part of that draft "strategy" also.

so awful he built teams that twice were a game away from the SB.  I am convinced Jet fans don't like to win, they just want to complain.

52 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If we're going to be 1-5 I'd rather not be a national laughingstock while doing it. 2012-2014 is the worst era I've ever experienced as a Jets fan. I'd rather eat glass than have Rex as my coach.

you must not have been around for the 70s or 1989-1996

On 10/7/2016 at 4:47 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Nope, born in the late 80s, started following the team when Parcells came here.

I wasn't around for the 70s either but we didn't make the playoffs the entire decade so that was worse than the last few years of Rex and certainly 1989-1996 was far worse.

If we had rex right now we'd be at worst 3-2 and be feeling pretty good right now.  Bowles seems like a good guy but he's a terrible HC.

Archived