Jump to content

Billboard suggestions to get Woodys attention?


Matt39

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh you also wanted us to trade up to draft Manziel. Then you renounced your fandom of the Jets after they passed on him when he fell to us. 

Nostradumbus. :D

Jeeze could you imagine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh you also wanted us to trade up to draft Manziel. Then you renounced your fandom of the Jets after they passed on him when he fell to us. 

Nostradumbus. :D

If we drafted Manziel we would have been bad enough to land Winston. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If we drafted Manziel we would have been bad enough to land Winston. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Right now I'm putting everything in my pipe and smoking it. I recommend you do the same. Killing brain cells erases memories and makes the pain go away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It worked once...

 

Hire Jim Harbuagh?

Hire Tom Herman?

Fire Woody?

 

I don't think you'll have to resort to billboards this time because there's no Cult of Bowles like there was with Rex. Bowles' bigger problem isn't just that he's struggling as a coach, it's that him and his team are boring and uninspiring. If reports are true that the stadium was filled with Seahawks(!) fans this past week, and the stadium cleared out at halftime besides, that's speaking to Woody in a language he understands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don't think you'll have to resort to billboards this time because there's no Cult of Bowles like there was with Rex. Bowles' bigger problem isn't just that he's struggling as a coach, it's that him and his team are boring and uninspiring. If reports are true that the stadium was filled with Seahawks(!) fans this past week, and the stadium cleared out at halftime besides, that's speaking to Woody in a language he understands.

The billboards were for firing Idzik not Rex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don't think you'll have to resort to billboards this time because there's no Cult of Bowles like there was with Rex. Bowles' bigger problem isn't just that he's struggling as a coach, it's that him and his team are boring and uninspiring. If reports are true that the stadium was filled with Seahawks(!) fans this past week, and the stadium cleared out at halftime besides, that's speaking to Woody in a language he understands.

The Idzik stuff was foul. The billboards were pathetic tbh...but still, get a coach that's run an entire operation before. And I actually like Bowles too...but this organization needs someone who's done it before. Bowles would be fine if we had a QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Idzik stuff was foul. The billboards were pathetic tbh...but still, get a coach that's run an entire operation before. And I actually like Bowles too...but this organization needs someone who's done it before. Bowles would be fine if we had a QB.

Me too. It's way too early to bury him and Macc, but the early trends are terrifying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It worked once...

 

Hire Jim Harbuagh?

Hire Tom Herman?

Fire Woody?

 

Just promise me your billboard won't get in the way of the "Matt Simms" billboard we're taking a collection for here at JN.  (mail checks to Kankakee, Illinois)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh you also wanted us to trade up to draft Manziel. Then you renounced your fandom of the Jets after they passed on him when he fell to us. 

Nostradumbus. :D

Manziel fuuked up his life I have no control over what people do. We needed a QB what can I tell ya. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Winston is a turnover machine. 

Still haven't figured out if Winston's a self promoting wannabe or an actual guy that the locker room respects. All of his speeches seem to be when he knows the cameras are on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Idzik stuff was foul. The billboards were pathetic tbh...but still, get a coach that's run an entire operation before. And I actually like Bowles too...but this organization needs someone who's done it before. Bowles would be fine if we had a QB.

No it wouldn't the guy is a defensive mind and he can't even run a successful defense filled with 1st round draft picks and a hall of fame CB, what makes you think that he has the ability to develop a young quarterback Matt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's sad and amazing is that here we are on my birthday the first week in October, and the thought that somehow this can all be fixed or the ship righted is so far out of the question that for this Jets team of the Year of Our Lord 2016 the season is essentially, already over. I don't think it's ever been THIS bad, this early, with this much hopelessness among the fans and media.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

What's sad and amazing is that here we are on my birthday the first week in October, and the thought that somehow this can all be fixed or the ship righted is so far out of the question that for this Jets team of the Year of Our Lord 2016 the season is essentially, already over. I don't think it's ever been THIS bad, this early, with this much hopelessness among the fans and media.

What's sad and amazing is the delusion that many Jets fans live under where a 4-12 John Idzik rebuild is gifted a 4th place cupcake schedule and barely ekes out a 10 win season and somehow is expected to beat 6 playoff teams in 7 weeks to open the following season lest it be deemed "hopeless".

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What's sad and amazing is the delusion that many Jets fans live under where a 4-12 John Idzik rebuild is gifted a 4th place cupcake schedule and barely ekes out a 10 win season and somehow is expected to beat 6 playoff teams in 7 weeks to open the following season lest it be deemed "hopeless".

SAR I

What this lifelong Jets fan "expects" is for us to be able to watch a competitive football team for at least HALF a focking season and to not "Expect" that every Sunday night is not going to be dark and gloomy inside the hearts of every fan regardless of who the Jets are playing and what their records were the previous year. That's not too great of an expectation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

What this lifelong Jets fan "expects" is for us to be able to watch a competitive football team for at least HALF a focking season and to not "Expect" that every Sunday night is not going to be dark and gloomy inside the hearts of every fan regardless of who the Jets are playing and what their records were the previous year. That's not too great of an expectation.

Against 6 playoff teams in the first 7 weeks?  You do realize that the Jets are underdogs in all these contests, yes?  And that we are a rebuilding team, yes?  And besides the KC outlier, we were competitive for 4 quarters against the Bengals, we were competitive for 3 quarters against the Seahawks, and we dominated the Bills.  That's not bad for a rebuilding team without a franchise quarterback and a leaky secondary.  This is the price we pay for hanging on to Rex Ryan for too long and hiring John Idzik.  These things don't get corrected overnight, 5 years worth of roster damage can only be fixed over the long haul.

So, yes, it is too great of an expectation that we would be anything better than 1-3 right now.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"There is a reason the NY Jets were the only team bidding on Fitzpatrick.  The more glaring problem is why the NY Jets gave him $12 Million when no one was bidding on him."

Might be a bit wordy, so perhaps it is easier to have....

Fitz...FU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Winston is a turnover machine. 

He had 15 as a rookie.  Along with 22 TDs and 4,000 yards.  

He's also a franchise QB with one hell of a future.  I'd kill for him to be our QB right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

"There is a reason the NY Jets were the only team bidding on Fitzpatrick.  The more glaring problem is why the NY Jets gave him $12 Million when no one was bidding on him."

Might be a bit wordy, so perhaps it is easier to have....

Fitz...FU

Yes, Fitz is mediocre and was perceived to be the perfect fit for the Jets for 1 year. Yes, only 1 year. They didn't want to play Geno; Petty and Hack weren't ready. For those who hate Fitz (or just hate the signing), your GM is with you. Fitz is a stop gap in a pseudo rebuilding year. You know Fitz isn't the future; I know Fitz isn't the future - and yes, thankfully your GM knows it as well.

He is trying to get us a franchise QB. These things take time; drafting a QB in 1st (and top) doesn't guarantee a franchise QB - and often it takes 4+years.

I think we need to give him another year or two before changing GMs. I think you have to give Bowles at least one more year as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don't think you'll have to resort to billboards this time because there's no Cult of Bowles like there was with Rex. Bowles' bigger problem isn't just that he's struggling as a coach, it's that him and his team are boring and uninspiring. If reports are true that the stadium was filled with Seahawks(!) fans this past week, and the stadium cleared out at halftime besides, that's speaking to Woody in a language he understands.

Unfortunately there were a lot of Seahawks fans. But the bigger issue is that wasn't even close to the biggest stadium invasion we have seen. I am glad the Steelers game is away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don't think you'll have to resort to billboards this time because there's no Cult of Bowles like there was with Rex. Bowles' bigger problem isn't just that he's struggling as a coach, it's that him and his team are boring and uninspiring. If reports are true that the stadium was filled with Seahawks(!) fans this past week, and the stadium cleared out at halftime besides, that's speaking to Woody in a language he understands.

Inspires me to drink!!! it is only Tuesday and I am already thirsty for Sunday, fvcking steelers...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Against 6 playoff teams in the first 7 weeks?  You do realize that the Jets are underdogs in all these contests, yes?  And that we are a rebuilding team, yes?  And besides the KC outlier, we were competitive for 4 quarters against the Bengals, we were competitive for 3 quarters against the Seahawks, and we dominated the Bills.  That's not bad for a rebuilding team without a franchise quarterback and a leaky secondary.  This is the price we pay for hanging on to Rex Ryan for too long and hiring John Idzik.  These things don't get corrected overnight, 5 years worth of roster damage can only be fixed over the long haul.

So, yes, it is too great of an expectation that we would be anything better than 1-3 right now.

SAR I

What are they rebuling exactly? They are old everywhere except DLine and some LB spots and the only young promising talent is at WR. Those guys aren't getting any snaps.

You don't give a veteran journeyman 12 million at QB when you are rebuilding. I spent all offseason being okay with the thought of rebuilding. But they sent a different message when they signed Fitz again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yes, Fitz is mediocre and was perceived to be the perfect fit for the Jets for 1 year. Yes, only 1 year. They didn't want to play Geno; Petty and Hack weren't ready. For those who hate Fitz (or just hate the signing), your GM is with you. Fitz is a stop gap in a pseudo rebuilding year. You know Fitz isn't the future; I know Fitz isn't the future - and yes, thankfully your GM knows it as well.

He is trying to get us a franchise QB. These things take time; drafting a QB in 1st (and top) doesn't guarantee a franchise QB - and often it takes 4+years.

I think we need to give him another year or two before changing GMs. I think you have to give Bowles at least one more year as well.

You still don't just throw money at a stop gap.  They had other options, and chose to throw the money at Fitz.  It was another bad signing.  If we gave him 8 mill, or 10 mill that is two million that could have been utilized or rolled over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...