Jim Schwartz

Smashmouth

I would love to see this guy be our head coach next year. He has fire and the last 2 DC jobs he's had he's taken bad defenses and turned them into number 1 in one year with the same personnel. His defense shut down the Steelers in a 34-3 win. I'm positive this guy will hold players accountable and I'm pretty sure he wont ignore the offense since his offenses did pretty good in Detroit. What he did in Buffalo was fantastic as well before Fat ass Rex took over and turned the best defense in the NFL into pure horse sh*t.

I don't think the Jets should waste another year on Todd Bowles the guy is obviously in over his head this team is grossly under achieving and yet we see nothing in the way of an adjustment.

He's making the same mistakes he made last year with poor clock management poor use of timeouts in general. His defense looks totally confused and his players are playing slow which tells me he's probably putting too much on them to adjust on the fly rather then just put them in position to make plays. This team still does not create turnovers and does nothing to take out the other teams main player. See AJ Green/Sammy Watkins/Travis Kelce/ the list goes on.

I have seen enough of Todd Bowles the guy just makes too many mistakes and his team is a direct reflection of him. I'm not sure how to explain our team constantly coming our flat in big games.

I hope if this debacle continues, that Maccagnan makes a change 2 years is plenty of time to evaluate a HC especially with as talented a roster as we have.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I would love to see this guy be our head coach next year. He has fire and the last 2 DC jobs he's had he's taken bad defenses and turned them into number 1 in one year with the same personnel. His defense shut down the Steelers in a 34-3 win. I'm positive this guy will hold players accountable and I'm pretty sure he wont ignore the offense since his offenses did pretty good in Detroit. What he did in Buffalo was fantastic as well before Fat ass Rex took over and turned the best defense in the NFL into pure horse sh*t.

I don't think the Jets should waste another year on Todd Bowles the guy is obviously in over his head this team is grossly under achieving and yet we see nothing in the way of an adjustment.

He's making the same mistakes he made last year with poor clock management poor use of timeouts in general. His defense looks totally confused and his players are playing slow which tells me he's probably putting too much on them to adjust on the fly rather then just put them in position to make plays. This team still does not create turnovers and does nothing to take out the other teams main player. See AJ Green/Sammy Watkins/Travis Kelce/ the list goes on.

I have seen enough of Todd Bowles the guy just makes too many mistakes and his team is a direct reflection of him. I'm not sure how to explain our team constantly coming our flat in big games.

I hope if this debacle continues, that Maccagnan makes a change 2 years is plenty of time to evaluate a HC especially with as talented a roster as we have.

Going 1-15 and having a shot at the number one QB in the draft is a fine time to blow things up.  We could start a new era.  Though I do think you are overstating the talent on the roster.  We have a few young players that could amount to something but too early to tell. We have supposed top blah blah talent the defensive line that hasn't done squat since first game.  Challenge is we have bunch of old players that need to be replaced. Some sooner than others but a lot of holes in this team with short term solutions as place holders.  In spirit I really wouldn't care to see Bowles go. Deep down would like to try an offensive minded coach and a good defensive corridinator. Couple early round offensive draft picks  would be a very nice change as well. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

There are 15 million people between my house and Detroit that disagree with you.

Bowles and Mac are going to be here more than two years, Woody is going to let them get their players and system in place. He is not going to fire a coach after two years. Schwartz was a horrible HC, he also had a good QB and one of the best WR in the league. No thanks. 

The same thing could be said about Norv Turner for HC on the Offensive side of the ball.  Both have had success within their respective areas but declined as HC.  But again, nobody was calling for Todd Bowels at the end of last year.  I will agree that they cannot play the way they did against KC ever again or then I would be on that train, they were simply unprepared and outreached in that game. 

I'd have no problem with a guy like Schwartz being the Jets next HC.

People always say they "dont' want a re-tread", but look at the past 25 or so SB winners and the overwhelming majority are re-treads who had to fail elsewhere before making changes.

It's why Mangini failed in Cleveland and Rex in Buffalo.  Both were hired so quickly after being fired that they saw no reason to adjust.  No time for reflection/humility.  An immediate hiring just told them that they ween't wrong for what they did, so no need to make any changes.

I hate to say it, but I think Josh McDaniel is going to be much better when he gets another shot.

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

Tautology. Why aren't players executing?

Some aren't good. Other teams have players trying to execute too. And in some case coaching, but predominantly coaches get blamed far more than they should for players not doing their jobs.

49 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Bowles and Mac are going to be here more than two years, Woody is going to let them get their players and system in place. He is not going to fire a coach after two years. Schwartz was a horrible HC, he also had a good QB and one of the best WR in the league. No thanks. 

Yea let's fire the HC after two years merry go round. 

Jets fans in general couldn't run a hot dog stand.  

Good Grief!!!!

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'd have no problem with a guy like Schwartz being the Jets next HC.

People always say they "dont' want a re-tread", but look at the past 25 or so SB winners and the overwhelming majority are re-treads who had to fail elsewhere before making changes.

It's why Mangini failed in Cleveland and Rex in Buffalo.  Both were hired so quickly after being fired that they saw no reason to adjust.  No time for reflection/humility.  An immediate hiring just told them that they ween't wrong for what they did, so no need to make any changes.

I hate to say it, but I think Josh McDaniel is going to be much better when he gets another shot.

1 winning season in 5 years with the Lions and never won a playoff game..Yep that sounds like a great choice for Jet fans plus he had the first pick in the draft taking Stafford..The next year with the 2nd pick in the draft took Suh and Megatron was already on the team..:rolleyes: 

19 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

1 winning season in 5 years with the Lions and never won a playoff game..Yep that sounds like a great choice for Jet fans plus he had the first pick in the draft taking Stafford..The next year with the 2nd pick in the draft took Suh and Megatron was already on the team..:rolleyes: 

As I said...many great head coaches were failures their first time around.

19 minutes ago, AFJF said:

As I said...many great head coaches were failures their first time around.

And some like Jim Seifert fail when they don't have HOF players like Montana or Young as their QB's.. Even the Tuna went 1-6 after Vinny went down in 1999 and waited too long to play Lucas..

20 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

And some like Jim Seifert fail when they don't have HOF players like Montana or Young as their QB's.. Even the Tuna went 1-6 after Vinny went down in 1999 and waited too long to play Lucas..

My point is that fans should not be scared of "re-treads" as they represent the majority of SB winners over the past several decades.

Schwartz has been an outstanding coordinator at multiple stops.  I guarantee he gets another shot somewhere.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yea let's fire the HC after two years merry go round. 

Jets fans in general couldn't run a hot dog stand.  

Good Grief!!!!

If we go 1-15 you want this CS back? Sorry, I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe this CS will improve if they were to be here for 10 years, let alone another 2 or 3.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

My point is that fans should not be scared of "re-treads" as they represent the majority of SB winners over the past several decades.

Schwartz has been an outstanding coordinator at multiple stops.  I guarantee he gets another shot somewhere.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

He'd still be head and tales better than Bubba Gump Bowles.

BGB I like it so much better then Fat Hermie..:)

Bowles is in no danger of losing this job this year-unless there's something else very bad going on at Florham Park we don't know. And that seems unlikely; Bowles appears to be a good if overmatched guy. 

And would expect with McCagnan's pedigree he's good for 5 years. Plus Johnson never really fires front office people, jus gives them a different office. And suspect if he had his choice, Rex Ryan would be coach for life. 

There is something to be said for continuity. Bowles's mistakes are concerning because looks like he hasn't learned anything.  But 2 years, including a 10 win season, is not on it's face a firing-worthy resume. 

17 minutes ago, AFJF said:

As with Rex, I don't think you can fix Schwartz. What makes them effective as DC's is their macho meathead nonsense, which doesn't carry over well into the adult HC role. 

Archived