Paxton Lynch starting for the Broncos

FTL Jet Fan

Just now, Maxman said:

I know that was the story but I am not buying it. Macc is clearing in charge of the roster. If he believed in Lynch, he needs to make that pick. Getting along with Bowles is less important than finding a franchise QB.

Mac might get along with Bowles but he didn't hire him..

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Mac might get along with Bowles but he didn't hire him..

Exactly. Which makes Bowles opinion on the roster even less important.

They were both hired and told that Macc has final say over the roster. And Bowles has final say over who plays.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Exactly. Which makes Bowles opinion on the roster even less important.

They were both hired and told that Macc has final say over the roster. And Bowles has final say over who plays.

And BP has final say on who starts game day threads...;)

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

Denver is a team like Pittsburgh that gets all the calls.  I'm hoping Paxton sucks, but because we passed on him odds are he's going to Canton on roller skates.. 

Absolutely. 

He'd better be terrible or Hackenberg better than Lynch outright. Going to be one of those heads I win tails you lose things, though.

If he does well then we suck for not drafting him. If he does poorly it doesn't mean anything because it's early October of his rookie year and he was supposed to sit for his entire rookie season minimum.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Kubiak just went for it on his own 35. How bout that

Just saw that, even with his offense accomplishing less than the Jets' offense did today. Know why? Well one, because it was inches not yards to go. But also because he's going to lose anyway, and only a loser would take the ball out of his offense's hands when down by multiple 2nd half scores. Nothing's going right no offense anyway. What are the odds the offense gets better because you punted? Bowles is a big puss.

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The key is how the Jets board was situated.  The idea that was floated out here that Bowles didn't want Lynch is without substantiation.  

If the Jets had Lynch higher than Lee and Bowles said I don't want him would the narrative being bantied about out here be correct.  

It is evident that Mac didn't value the Lynch pick as highly as the Broncos. 

Was he wrong? Time will tell.  

But I highly doubt it was because Bowles went into the draft room and said I want Lee over Lynch, unless they were rated equally and that generally is not how draft boards are created.  

Lee will have a better career than Lynch

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Absolutely. 

He'd better be terrible or Hackenberg better than Lynch outright. Going to be one of those heads I win tails you lose things, though.

If he does well then we suck for not drafting him. If he does poorly it doesn't mean anything because it's early October of his rookie year and he was supposed to sit for his entire rookie season minimum.

Imagine if we traded up in the draft for this guy like Elway did?  What would fans be saying today? 

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Just bitching. We've decided to turn Sheldon Richardson into Coples though to justify the Williams pick.

I do agree about Richardson misuse. Mcc should be looking to deal him. But Williams was the BAP at the time and is just scratching the surface. 

Archived