It's time for a logo and uniform change.

CobraVerde

8 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I think we're in serious need of a change. The old logo is tired and you can plug any name in there - no reference to a Jet - no action, etc. It's not like we've had so much success that we shouldn't change it. I get that people are used to it, but it's outdated and never was any good. Change the logo with this new direction - would make a lot of sense to do it now. Bring back the current logo on throwback days only. Let's get something more dynamic and current - no gradients, though.

We have one of the nicest uniforms in the league and tied to one of the most significant historical events in league history so, yeah, let's ruin the one thing we have going for us.

SAR I

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2016 at 1:41 PM, CobraVerde said:

Seriously. Even the Dolphins live in the now. Time to let go of the current design that was just a Parcell move that for some reason we still cling on to. I hate how we look so high school. It's bad enough that we play like it. How is it that colleges have like a different uniform for every game but we have the same damn logo since the 60's?

We have one of the nicest uniforms in the league and tied to one of the most significant historical events in league history so, yeah, let's ruin the one thing we have going for us.

SAR I

On 10/09/2016 at 1:41 PM, CobraVerde said:

Seriously. Even the Dolphins live in the now. Time to let go of the current design that was just a Parcell move that for some reason we still cling on to. I hate how we look so high school. It's bad enough that we play like it. How is it that colleges have like a different uniform for every game but we have the same damn logo since the 60's?

I think this is a good idea.  The Bucs (Dungy era from Old Sombrero era), Broncos ( following devastating loss to Brunell and Jags), and the Jets (Parcells era) all had some real success after uni changes.   I would wait until 2020 though... when this team might be ready to really compete.

Keep the uniforms as is. But for the love of all that is holy...get rid of the green pants! Especially considering our all whites are one of the nicest in the league.

The main logo though does need to be changed, along with the helmet decals. Id be ok with a simple NY or NYJ on helmets, same uniforms, and brand new main logo for t-shirts and memorabilia. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

We should go back to the Super Bowl III uniforms. Namath is STILL the face of the Jets. We should wear those uniforms until we win another. Either as homage or punishment. 

Sometimes I wish they didn't retire magical "12". We need that number on the field.

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Keep the uniforms as is. But for the love of all that is holy...get rid of the green pants! Especially considering our all whites are one of the nicest in the league.

This. I loved the all-white, with the white shoes and face mask uni that they wore in week 2 last season. Very sharp. 

web1_MattFORTE-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

This. I loved the all-white, with the white shoes and face mask uni that they wore in week 2 last season. Very sharp. 

web1_MattFORTE-1.jpg

I love our all white uniforms so much, I wish they would be our go-to home jerseys, and just save the green jerseys for some night games and some road ones.

On 10/9/2016 at 1:41 PM, CobraVerde said:

The way these uniform designers splash colors everywhere they would ruin a classic look. I HATE the green pants like most Jets fans I prefer the all white. When they have throwback games I would go with the 77 version that Walt Michaels unshered in. Hate the Titans look also.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

P.S. 95% of college uniforms look like vomited up dog sh*t. I'm glad the NFL doesn't go that route or fall into the overly flashy ugly as ass crap so popular amongst the basketball shoe set these days.

Look at the Browns, Jaguars and Buccaneers to how these "gay designers" have ruined classic uniforms. Jaguars used to have one of the best uniforms, now the worst.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sorry, the logo is outdated and an epic fail conceptually. Since when do we have the best uni's? I never once thought that. It would be very easy to improve on what we have. I create logos and I am a designer for a living, and, believe me, if I showed that logo to my teacher when I was at Pratt Institute (20 years ago) he would have told me to go back to the drawing board.

29 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Sorry, the logo is outdated and an epic fail conceptually. Since when do we have the best uni's? I never once thought that. It would be very easy to improve on what we have. I create logos and I am a designer for a living, and, believe me, if I showed that logo to my teacher when I was at Pratt Institute (20 years ago) he would have told me to go back to the drawing board.

Those who can't, teach.

Sorry I missed this post and I know everyone's opinion varies but.. yeah like my huge banner says.. I would love for the jets to bring back the Jets logo EVEN if you use the current shade of green and keep the jerseys we have.  They could easily do some retro-current style theme uniforms/helmet/logo that would look great.. I think it would bring back a lot of energy with the fans again going retro like that.

I still think the 80's~90's uniforms were the best.  Hopefully one day they'll bring them back.. I only buy merchandise that uses this logo honestly (I know weird but that's what I grew up on!).  Joe Namath and the 60's design is cool and all but give me the classic Jets logo we all grew up on...AND DITCH THAT COLOR BLIND STUFF ON THURSDAY GAMES.

(just my .02)

888.jpg

1782490_display_image.jpg

459323465.jpg

On 5/5/2017 at 3:53 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah what the hell happened to this? we ended up with those stupid gumby color rush uniforms

Nice work although I still prefer grey camo...needs to update the Jet as well...something stealthy...maybe like the new B-21.

Image result for b-21 bomber

46 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

Sorry I missed this post and I know everyone's opinion varies but.. yeah like my huge banner says.. I would love for the jets to bring back the Jets logo EVEN if you use the current shade of green and keep the jerseys we have.  They could easily do some retro-current style theme uniforms/helmet/logo that would look great.. I think it would bring back a lot of energy with the fans again going retro like that.

I still think the 80's~90's uniforms were the best.  Hopefully one day they'll bring them back.. I only buy merchandise that uses this logo honestly (I know weird but that's what I grew up on!).  Joe Namath and the 60's design is cool and all but give me the classic Jets logo we all grew up on...AND DITCH THAT COLOR BLIND STUFF ON THURSDAY GAMES.

(just my .02)

888.jpg

1782490_display_image.jpg

459323465.jpg

This I can get behind

Archived