Thoughts On Todd Bowles: MERGED

j4jets

7 minutes ago, TomsRiverJet said:

He needs to get in someones face namely Pryor. Complete stupidity on display week after week. Our backfield sucks.

Pryor was the safety on that TD. He slipped. It happens. Bigger question is, who was the CB that was supposed to cover that WR? Unless Bowles is ok with his safeties going one on one, which defeats the purpose of having a safety. Total lack of game planning. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Larz said:

yup.  he puts his own team to sleep by coaching not to lose.

no doubt in my mind this team is playing well below its potential

Bowles obviously over his head.  I was there today. It was a sad performance and not as close as the 27-17 score . Outclassed by Seehawks

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bugg said:

Dumb penalties, wasted timeouts, a stupid challenge, an unprepared team, yeah, that's a bad coach. 

12 hours ago, j4jets said:

And a dumb one. 

Welcome to the NFL where you don't always get 50mil in cap space and a cakewalk schedule every year. Anyone wanna debate how we hit paydirt with this dirt?

Some where Rich Kotite is laughing.............  is it 1995 again?

12 hours ago, j4jets said:

Pryor was the safety on that TD. He slipped. It happens. Bigger question is, who was the CB that was supposed to cover that WR? Unless Bowles is ok with his safeties going one on one, which defeats the purpose of having a safety. Total lack of game planning. 

Pryor slipped because he was so horribly out of position he was never going to recover the slip was a cover for his miscue ...As a safety if you take a step in the wrong direction you are BURNED and Pryor got burned

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

The bigger question is what was a SS doing there?  Pryor can't cover for sh!t.  I know it, you know it, and Bowles must know it.  I'm really getting tired of these wtf moments under Bowles.    

This team has the same tendencies as last year and we continue those tendencies in what seems like every single game. We almost never get 3 and outs and while we do play steady defense at times we NEVER make a big play and give up at least 2-3 of them a game that always seem to take momentum away. So while we may not be a horrible defense on paper those tendencies are not very good ones. Big play defenses win games the Jets have not been a big play defense since 98

6 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I hate to say it but generally Rex had lesser talent on D and and had the performing => our current defensive guru HC.  

Rex's issues were piss poor management as a HC and a BIG mouth. Those 2 things do not go together well. Rex will never be a good HC from here on out because the gig is up with him. He succeeded with us early because players loved his bravado but when the bravado continued when we started playing bad it became old and stale and when Rex had no answers for that and continued to lose he lost his team and I'm sure at times his players were looking to an empty shell for answers. Difference is Bowles never has any answers and I think this team wins games in spite of his suckage

As a player or a fan who do you hate more when losing and never adjusting the dead pan Bowles or the Bravado Rex ?

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Rex's issues were piss poor management as a HC and a BIG mouth. Those 2 things do not go together well. Rex will never be a good HC from here on out because the gig is up with him. He succeeded with us early because players loved his bravado but when the bravado continued when we started playing bad it became old and stale and when Rex had no answers for that and continued to lose he lost his team and I'm sure at times his players were looking to an empty shell for answers. Difference is Bowles never has any answers and I think this team wins games in spite of his suckage

As a player or a fan who do you hate more when losing and never adjusting the dead pan Bowles or the Bravado Rex ?

See my tread about Bowles being the silent Rex. He can't adjust in games, has an inept qb, can't manage the clock and has no answers after big loses. He will get at least 4 years tho from woody. 

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Pryor slipped because he was so horribly out of position he was never going to recover the slip was a cover for his miscue ...As a safety if you take a step in the wrong direction you are BURNED and Pryor got burned

No doubt about it. Still doesn't answer the question why he didn't have a corner on the WR. 

2 hours ago, faba said:

The overall play of the defense is the major disappoitment considering Bowles success with arizona and being  a defense minded coach. Fitz is what he is -average QB that can not carry the team

Average QB? Please save that for Trump voters. 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

he did underneath but he released him to Pryor I think

I don't dismiss Pryors play. He's regressed this year imo. We have ZERO safety play this year. We have no #2 CB. our #1CB is old and slow, although I still feel he'll come through. Its the same secondary minus Cromartie and Cro was one of the worst corner in the league last year. That should've been addition by subtraction. And we are worst this year. It all goes back to the coaching.