Thoughts On Todd Bowles: MERGED

j4jets

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Geno starts next week up until the bye.  Then after the bye, let petty finish out the season.  Then offer saban $15 million a year and get a real coach in here.

Nick Saban coached the Dolphins and quit. He is a college coach at best. But I do think Bowles is in over his head. I don't see adjustments and he never seems to question the very questionable play calling by his OC Chan Gailey. I cannot believe the Jets had four plays of 2nd and 1 or 3rd and 1 and just one run the ball. On the run they got the first down on every other play (pass) they didn't. Gailey has become convinced he is a QB guru and he is NOT. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:05 PM, NJ said:

Dumb penalties, wasted timeouts, a stupid challenge, an unprepared team, AGAIN, yeah, that's a bad coach. 

Dumb penalties, wasted timeouts, a stupid challenge, an unprepared team, AGAIN, yeah, that's a bad coach. 

WORTH REPEATING A 3RD TIME

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Geno starts next week up until the bye.  Then after the bye, let petty finish out the season.  Then offer saban $15 million a year and get a real coach in here.

I don't expect Nick Saban to be leaving Alabama in the near future.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Ending tonight would be fine with me take Gailley and Rodgers with him 

Especially Gailey. Last season he ran a balanced offense and this year he is scared to run the ball on short yardage. Bruce Coslet play calling all the way.

45 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Cowardice, lack of aggressiveness, failure to force the issue, lack of urgency; not good.

Plus he is like Rex in that he doesn't pay any attention to pi$$ poor play calling by the offense. Failure to run on 2nd and 1 three times in this game is unbelievable play calling. Bowles just watches with a grim look and makes poor challege calls. No fire, no attention to the details of what is going on. I was a big supporter of his, now I am a big supporter of him being the next ex-Jets HC.

uninspiring press conference to say the least.  I get that you have to be even keeled but by constantly being monotone and unemotional both on the sidelines and in the press, you promote the apathy you see the team play with.  Why get upset if your coach never does?  Why care about making changes when your coach is just going to keep playing the same guys and not alter the game plan.  He's bringing this on himself.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The shuffle pass the 3rd and 8 and we throw a 3 yard pass WTF??????

The shuffle pss was on THIRD AND ONE!!!! He also passes on 2nd and 1 and Fitz had the ball batted in the air. Gailey has forgotten how to be a balanced offense. Lat season Fitz thrived on play action, but you have to run the ball for that to work.

10 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The shuffle pss was on THIRD AND ONE!!!! He also passes on 2nd and 1 and Fitz had the ball batted in the air. Gailey has forgotten how to be a balanced offense. Lat season Fitz thrived on play action, but you have to run the ball for that to work.

There's a lot to complain about but passing on 2nd and one isn't one of them.  The game plan was fine.  Chan isn't the problem. 

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

lol. after 30+ years I need to vent more and more. It's easier to embrace the suck if you have some control over the situation.

I know bro

I mourned last week, this week was just numb for me

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

There's a lot to complain about but passing on 2nd and one isn't one of them.  The game plan was fine.  Chan isn't the problem. 

The you don't know much about football, because this is a man's game where you impose your will. The Jets do not. I am not saying you ALWAYS run on 2nd ond 1 but he never does. He is from the Bruce Coslet school of offensive coaching.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The you don't know much about football, because this is a man's game where you impose your will. The Jets do not. I am not saying you ALWAYS run on 2nd ond 1 but he never does. He is from the Bruce Coslet school of offensive coaching.

No, you're a typical fan who's just whining,after the fact.  Impose your will?  Lol, ok.  If they ran and were stuffed we'd have people complaining they're too conservative.  Sometimes the opposition makes a stop, sometimes your team doesn't execute. He never runs on 2nd and 1?  Sure he doesn't, ever.  

Archived