Thoughts On Todd Bowles: MERGED

j4jets

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrendous coaching decision by Todd Bowles: With 7:36 left in the game, down two scores, and the Jets facing a fourth-and-two near midfield, Bowles made the mind-boggling decision to punt the ball away. That's unreal. Totally unacceptable. And embarrassing. To mess up that bad with the season on the line? Sheesh. Bowles preaches the need for his players to hold themselves accountable. Time for him to do the same. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Coslet, Kotite, Herm, Rex....this guy takes the effing taco

You could see all the signs last year, they were just being cover up by an easy schedule that led to some wins.

This year it's loud because you've had 3 straight games where you werent even competitive.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You could see all the signs last year, they were just being cover up by an easy schedule that led to some wins.

This year it's loud because you've had 3 straight games where you werent even competitive.  

I think you can pick up on a lot of things from the coach when the team is playing from behind. It was evident last year at Oakland there were issues....Im not even sure what planet he's on now. Punting there was basically trolling.

If Woody wants to win a super bowl in his lifetime he needs to fire Bowles and hire a Super Bowl winning coach.  Todd will not get us there.  After this game I would immediately fire the defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers.  This dude blows.  After the season, when we get a top 10 draft pick, I would fire Todd Bowles.  We need to get someone out of retirement that has won multiple super bowls.  Not sure who, but we need a PROVEN COACH.....similar to when we hired Bill Parcels.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think you can pick up on a lot of things from the coach when the team is playing from behind. It was evident last year at Oakland there were issues....Im not even sure what planet he's on now. Punting there was basically trolling.

Yep.  That and close games.  How he finishes the half.  How he uses time out, fooled by fitz, challenges...all of it.  Just last year it was bad teams they were playing so they could over come it.

3 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

If Woody wants to win a super bowl in his lifetime he needs to fire Bowles and hire a Super Bowl winning coach.  Todd will not get us there.  After this game I would immediately fire the defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers.  This dude blows.  After the season, when we get a top 10 draft pick, I would fire Todd Bowles.  We need to get someone out of retirement that has won multiple super bowls.  Not sure who, but we need a PROVEN COACH.....similar to when we hired Bill Parcels.

Sadly, even Parcells didn't win a SB for us.

But, yeah, Bowles should be gone after this year. He's too ******* stoic, he doesn't have his teams prepared, and nobody but Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brandon Drops Marshall wants to play for him.

This doesn't exactly bode well for Bowles

Richardson said he wants fans to know he's "playing his heart out." Asked if others are, he said "I don't know."

Character limits: Richardson added it's "for (media)" to decide if everyone is playing their heart out.

uninspiring press conference to say the least.  I get that you have to be even keeled but by constantly being monotone and unemotional both on the sidelines and in the press, you promote the apathy you see the team play with.  Why get upset if your coach never does?  Why care about making changes when your coach is just going to keep playing the same guys and not alter the game plan.  He's bringing this on himself.

I want him gone also. Monotone means zero. Ask Belicheat

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Horrendous coaching decision by Todd Bowles: With 7:36 left in the game, down two scores, and the Jets facing a fourth-and-two near midfield, Bowles made the mind-boggling decision to punt the ball away. That's unreal. Totally unacceptable. And embarrassing. To mess up that bad with the season on the line? Sheesh. Bowles preaches the need for his players to hold themselves accountable. Time for him to do the same. 

Obviously he thinks we're playing rugby and get points for punting. Those Pitt uniforms must have confused him. 

2 hours ago, afjetsfan said:

Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan, others?

5 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan, others?

You don't need washed up has been offensive coaches.WE need progressive young offensive minds who know how to take advantage of today's NFL rules. The Jets have been hiring defensive HC's for over a decade now. I thought Bowles was different, he's quickly proving me wrong.  

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You don't need washed up has been offensive coaches.WE need progressive young offensive minds who know how to take advantage of today's NFL rules. The Jets have been hiring defensive HC's for over a decade now. I thought Bowles was different, he's quickly proving me wrong.  

Good point. Josh McDaniels. Stick it to Belicheat. Bring Mancini back as DC. 

16 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I hear you about a "progressive young mind."  I want an offensive coach too.  But do you really want another 1st time HC?  Who is out there that fits your description with Head Coaching experience? McDaniels? The same guy who thought Tebow was an NFL QB and was bounced from Denver early in his 2nd season...

Who?

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

I hear you about a "progressive young mind."  I want an offensive coach too.  But do you really want another 1st time HC?  Who is out there that fits your description with Head Coaching experience? McDaniels? The same guy who thought Tebow was an NFL QB and was bounced from Denver early in his 2nd season...

Who?

First off Bowles is not getting fired , so there's no reason to go through this exercise now. But there are many young offensive minds on NFL staffs right now. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

First off Bowles is not getting fired , so there's no reason to go through this exercise now. But there are many young offensive minds on NFL staffs right now. 

With Head Coaching experience?  And Bowles is absolutely in danger of being fired at the end of the year.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Sadly, I think the personnel on offense is part of the problem. We don't have game breakers. We didn't go after game breakers. To me, I think the offensive playcalling has been adequate but the first-read mentality of the QB in large part undermines any OC's performance.

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Who?

Tom Herman. Would never happen, but he'd be a guy to pursue.

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Sadly, I think the personnel on offense is part of the problem. We don't have game breakers. We didn't go after game breakers. To me, I think the offensive playcalling has been adequate but the first-read mentality of the QB in large part undermines any OC's performance.

Absolutely, trotting Fitz out at QB eliminates 2/3rds of the filed for DC's to gameplan against . Gailey is hamstrung , but for some reason the HC doesn't feel the same way.

Archived