Thoughts On Todd Bowles: MERGED

j4jets

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Absolutely, trotting Fitz out at QB eliminates 2/3rds of the filed for DC's to gameplan against . Gailey is hamstrung , but for some reason the HC doesn't feel the same way.

Fitz, Forte, these are not game breakers. These are not guys who help you get quick scores. Sure, Fitz is 70% of that. But the fact is that Forte is not going to break any runs either. And having speedy guys at WR when you have a guy who can't get the ball to them in stride or OVER the defense makes this a very Chad Pennington-like offense.

It couldn't be any clearer: The Jets took the opening kickoff, had a few nice passes, a couple of nice runs.  3rd down and manageable: Fitz throws an incompletion to a covered Marshall. Result FG.

Next series: Big Ben has a 3rd and one and gets a 80-yard TD on a beautiful long Bomb over the top of our defense..

I mean, doesn't that tell you everything that's wrong with this team?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Tom Herman. Would never happen, but he'd be a guy to pursue.

I just looked him up.  Don't follow CFB.  Risky proposition for a guy with zero experience in the NFL.  Not necessarily a bad thing but it ain't apples to oranges.  More like apples to durian fruit (look it up if ya don't know).

Our foundation is broken. That's what upsets me. I lost faith in Bowles when we played flat as soda left outside overnight in Buffalo week 17. Our team doesn't have any juice to them man. We don't look motivated and we can't outwit anyone through fakes, trickery, or splash plays. This is a 5-11 season with a possible 1-6 start on the horizon, no hyperbole. 

3 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Our foundation is broken. That's what upsets me. I lost faith in Bowles when we played flat as soda left outside overnight in Buffalo week 17. Our team doesn't have any juice to them man. We don't look motivated and we can't outwit anyone through fakes, trickery, or splash plays. This is a 5-11 season with a possible 1-6 start on the horizon, no hyperbole. 

I agree , outside of Quincy Enumwa I don't see anyone out there giving their all and that is concerning.

I wanted the Jets to hire Bowles back in 2013. He seemed aggressive as a d coordinator and innovative, had worked for great coaches, seened to stress and understand fundamentals and that it takes all 3 phases of the game to win, not just d, and was a former player with scouting experience. Almost perfect resume for a first time bead coach. 

I thought he had a great rookie year. But this year has been that bad that if he's not gone this year, it'll be next year after more of the same. Sigh

Currently the head Coach Zimmer (Vikings) was hired last year as a first time HC.  He was a defensive genius with the Bengals, the guy also hired last year with the Falcons was a defensive genius.  Both currently have First round talent as their QB's (Matt Ryan/Sam Bradford) and are excelling.  Jack Del Rio is also a defensive guy and the Raiders are currently winning with offense as their defense is struggling.  A zebra does not change its stripes or a leopard its spots, Fitzpatrick has shown after a very good year he comes back to reality.  Why are we surprised at this, Buffalo, Rams, Houston, are not as they experienced the same thing we are with Fitzpatrick.

So in retrospect, the first round talent  that Bowels has to work with on defense, should be dominating and that is his Forte (See what I did there), currently he is not showing that he adjusts to the game situation or as we saw against Pitt made the aweful call to punt with 7 minutes left and down 2 scores.  We all knew the first part of this schedule was going to be tough and I do believe the this is Bowels biggest challenge right now which is to keep the team believing, because the 2nd half of the season could look completely different.  If after the season the team continues to play like this or questionable calls come in or he loses this team then would make sense to discuss coaching change but not 4 games into a season that was a year after him going 10-6.

The problem with unloading Bowles is that both coordinators need to go too, which means the top three positions on the team will have to come from lower ranks where they may not have experience designing game plans or calling plays during the game or from outside where the coaches have no experience with our players or the schemes players already know.

13 hours ago, Powpow said:

Good point. Josh McDaniels. Stick it to Belicheat. Bring Mancini back as DC. 

In a million years Josh M is not taking the Jets job and going against his boss 2xs a year.  He's not going to go through what Mangini was put through by Mr Paranoid when he took the job

IMO Bowles has made the mistake of putting too much faith/trust in the veterans on the team to take some of the leadership pressure off himself.  I think he got sucked into the Marshall/Mangold/Decker man crush for Fitz in the offseason and he's not willing to make tough decisions on personnel that could be negatively affecting the team.  From what we've seen Revis and Harris are not playing well.  Neither is Pryor or Fitz.  Just like Cro last year, he just seems unwilling to trust anyone else and won't play them unless injury forces him too.  It just always seems like he takes the safe route not willing to bruise egos.  My concern is he's going to lose the young guys if he doesn't address the short comings of the veterans who aren't performing...

8 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Why do all Jet HCs turn into idiots, is Ernie Adams drugging their wells? This should be looked into...

Because the fans of their team are a bunch of Idiots and misery loves company .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

45 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

The problem with unloading Bowles is that both coordinators need to go too, which means the top three positions on the team will have to come from lower ranks where they may not have experience designing game plans or calling plays during the game or from outside where the coaches have no experience with our players or the schemes players already know.

That's fine with me. The d backs and lbs are constantly running into each other anyways so what's the difference. The defense looks like the electric football game where defenders wander aimlessly around the field and bump into other as the ball carrier streaks down the field into the end zone. 

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Bowles is the worst HC in the NFL his decision making is moronic 

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In a million years Josh M is not taking the Jets job and going against his boss 2xs a year.  He's not going to go through what Mangini was put through by Mr Paranoid when he took the job

Ya never know. This is a guy who drafted Tim Tebow in 1st round. He's a rebel, an innovator, a guy who could care less what anyone thinks about him. Perfect for NY.

20 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Ya never know. This is a guy who drafted Tim Tebow in 1st round. He's a rebel, an innovator, a guy who could care less what anyone thinks about him. Perfect for NY.

I don't know, just strikes me as loyal to BB.  You know Bill would be totally against him coaching here.  

I wouldn't mind OBrien if Houston where to let him go.  He would run the Pats O and had worked with Hack, were good together.  If not Haley would be an interesting choice.  Has ties to the Jets and has HC exp.. Also hurts Pitt

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I don't know, just strikes me as loyal to BB.  You know Bill would be totally against him coaching here.  

I wouldn't mind OBrien if Houston where to let him go.  He would run the Pats O and had worked with Hack, were good together.  If not Haley would be an interesting choice.  Has ties to the Jets and has HC exp

Josh McDaniels would be a great choice as a HC here

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Josh McDaniels would be a great choice as a HC here

The same McDaniels who spent a 1st round pick on Tim Tebow  ? The same McDaniels who got run out of Denver ?  What was his decision making like In Denver ?

Just now, Tinstar said:

The same McDaniels who spent a 1st round pick on Tim Tebow  ? The same McDaniels who got run out of Denver ?  What was his decision making like In Denver ?

Why not?  The Jets have accomplished 0 Tim Tebow won a playoff game Fitzpatrick hasnt even sniffed the playoffs, Yes that Josh McDaniels. 

So you blame Bowles' and his team's bad performance on us Jet fans?!?! Interesting theory.

5 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

So you blame Bowles' and his team's bad performance on us Jet fans?!?! Interesting theory.

No Beloved I don't . You and me and all of us who call ourselves Jet fans have but 1 job come game day . We support our team no matter what . Until the final whistle, we believe we can win no matter what has happened all day as long as we're within striking distance . That is our 1 job, and at that we fail miserably .

Coach's coach, players play, and fans cheer and offer moral support . When none of the 3 are doing their job, what would you expect the outcome to be .

To quote the king cheat, do your job . All this team gets from the vast majority of it's fans is hate and anger and the worst part of it is the vast majority of the players have no connection to the history of this tortured franchise .

Everything that is discussed here on the board is taken to the games of this team and the same hate and bitterness is poured out on the players from those who should be supporting them .  It's ok to be critical of the Jets from Monday to Saturday, but on game day, it's us against the world .

How would you feel if someone came to your job and called you all kind of names after every mistake you made and you know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the miserable worm couldn't do 1% as well as you are .

That is all

No Beloved I don't . You and me and all of us who call ourselves Jet fans have but 1 job come game day . We support our team no matter what . Until the final whistle, we believe we can win no matter what has happened all day as long as we're within striking distance . That is our 1 job, and at that we fail miserably .
Coach's coach, players play, and fans cheer and offer moral support . When none of the 3 are doing their job, what would you expect the outcome to be .
To quote the king cheat, do your job . All this team gets from the vast majority of it's fans is hate and anger and the worst part of it is the vast majority of the players have no connection to the history of this tortured franchise .
Everything that is discussed here on the board is taken to the games of this team and the same hate and bitterness is poured out on the players from those who should be supporting them .  It's ok to be critical of the Jets from Monday to Saturday, but on game day, it's us against the world .
How would you feel if someone came to your job and called you all kind of names after every mistake you made and you know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the miserable worm couldn't do 1% as well as you are .
That is all

Can't include me in that, I have always been a positive cheering fan at the games but I know what ya mean, I've sat near the a$$holes that start screaming and complaining at the first offensive play. Its usually a small minority of fans that are that way, tho.

Archived