Should we tank?

Guilhermezmc

3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

They're going to take a CB, just get used to that now and come April you won't be so upset. 

If it's Quincy Wilson, I'm cool with that.

I'd rather go OT (Robinson/Johnson) or RB (Fournette/Cook) instead though

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Macc being on the sideline of a game in the Meadowlands is proof of nothing. He could have been watching someone else. And even if he was watching Kizer, there's no guarantee he comes out this year and that if he does that the Jets will even have a shot at him. Due diligence if anything, nothing more. 

Another GENO waiting to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they aren't in the process of tanking right now then they sure are fooling me.  They look diabolical out there.  The secondary is the worst in the league and couldn't stop Rutgers (yeah I said it) much less an NFL team.  The harder they try it seems the worse the coaching and performances get. 

At this point the only qbs we should be playing are Hack and Petty. We've got a 6% chance of making the playoffs and it will get even worse when Fitzthetrashcan plays on the road on MNF. Lets evaluate Petty and Hack and see what we've got with them. I don't want to hear any crap about "They're not ready yet, they need to develop" give them live reps in a real game rather than holding a clipboard while Fitz forces the ball to Marshall every single time he's 1on1 with a corner.

6 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Way to early to say Wentz is legit. Wait until teams have more film on him and has a couple years in the league. You really dont know what you have in someone until about 3 years in.

Not for me.  Watch him walk up and down the line of scrimmage in his first ever NFL game, moving guys around, making checks at the line...he looked like a young Peyton Manning out there.

After crushing the Steelers 34-3, one Pittsburgh defender said he felt like he was "playing against a hall of famer".

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Not for me.  Watch him walk up and down the line of scrimmage in his first ever NFL game, moving guys around, making checks at the line...he looked like a young Peyton Manning out there.

After crushing the Steelers 34-3, one Pittsburgh defender said he felt like he was "playing against a hall of famer".

Lots of players have hot starts and defenses have bad games. We've made Chad Henne look like Dan Marino in a couple games in the past. Anyone can loom good for a few games then come back to Earth. 

1 minute ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Lots of players have hot starts and defenses have bad games. We've made Chad Henne look like Dan Marino in a couple games in the past. Anyone can loom good for a few games then come back to Earth. 

In time, we'll see.  I think he's legit.

Not to mention Dak's performance in Dallas.  

This past year's class is going to produce some very good QB's despite the experts saying there weren't any good ones to be had.

14 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Should we tank a go after a true franchise QB?

I'm almost there.  I'll still pull for a QB change (Geno) to save the season for a week or two longer, but after that I'll start pulling for a QB change to prep for the future (Petty).

Regardless, benching Fitz is the answer in every scenario.

15 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I'm almost there.  I'll still pull for a QB change (Geno) to save the season for a week or two longer, but after that I'll start pulling for a QB change to prep for the future (Petty).

Regardless, benching Fitz is the answer in every scenario.

You're right and so are the others including myself in wanting Fitz benched but... starting Geno is opening pandoras box. What if we start him and hes a stud, plays great and we lose him after the year and he has an excellant career elsewhere. It would make our staff look stupid and incompetant if he plays well in any senario really. I dont think Bowles is willing to take that risk and is bound to Fitz until Petty is healthy.

32 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

You're right and so are the others including myself in wanting Fitz benched but... starting Geno is opening pandoras box. What if we start him and hes a stud, plays great and we lose him after the year and he has an excellant career elsewhere. It would make our staff look stupid and incompetant if he plays well in any senario really. I dont think Bowles is willing to take that risk and is bound to Fitz until Petty is healthy.

They already do.  To be clear, our staff is stupid and very incompetant.  Bowles also doesn't have balls.

Don't you think 31 other teams know this?  They all had the chance to sign Fitz.  None wanted the POS.  Yet we pay 12mil?  

I'm not sure who, if anyone, will be fired, but I know I won't miss any of 'em.

Regarding Bowles' lack of testicles; this may help explain things.  He may look like a guy, but you never know what's underneath.

Are There More Than Two Sexes?

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:00 PM, Guilhermezmc said:

Should we tank a go after a true franchise QB?

No team "tanks". This is a team of pro athletes with coaches who depend on W's for their job and players depends on stats for contracts. It so funny watching fans say lets "tank" in week 6. Never gona happen so why even have the discussion. They will play to win every game till Jan 1 as they should.

On 10/10/2016 at 2:38 AM, Jet9 said:

Tanking is some pretty unethical sh*t. Not sure how you get 50 some odd guys to give up on thier career for a few months either, but that's another story. 

The only way to tank is to pull Fitz. There is no reason for Fitz to be starting at this point. Only thing he will do is beat up on the crappy teams and get us to 7 wins. Even Geno would win a few games. That's why they need to start Petty or Hack. 

8 minutes ago, no psls said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I ain't touching that subject !!!!!!!!! I've already been suspended this year !!!!!!!

Funny, because, by not touching it.  You're pretty much acknowledging that the only comparison you see is... well, you know... that one.  I thought maybe you wanted to expound upon the idea with some other reason you think this kid is the "next geno smith."

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Funny, because, by not touching it.  You're pretty much acknowledging that the only comparison you see is... well, you know... that one.  I thought maybe you wanted to expound upon the idea with some other reason you think this kid is the "next geno smith."

I think he means he watches basketball.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jets will win their last 3 games in rex like fashion to screw us out of an important pick, We are taking a CB anyway, forget all of this QB talk even if we were #1 overall we would trade down and take a CB.

So true. No QB for us.

Hopefully that still puts us in line for Dalvin Cook

Archived