Quinn vs Bowels

New York Mick

Quinn seems light years ahead of Bowles and that defense is starting to turn it around as well once they get some more talent in place that team is going to do very well under Quinn. Just today I watched him going around the sidelines pumping up his players and praising them on good play he's an exciting football coach and he's smart. Bowles is not even close

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Bowles won year 1, Quinn winning year 2.

Correction: cakewalk schedule won last year, not Bowels. Bowels has always been a sh*tty stubborn HC. He let Cro start 16 games last year. 

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Last season Quinn looked like the defensive minded HC, this year Bowles looks like it.  In hindsight I wouldn't want either. The Next Jets HC better be from the offensive side of the ball..

Defense wins games. Would much rather have a defensive master mind as a HC and have a top 5 defense than a offensive minded HC. Most of your great championship winning HCs are defensive minded. The 2015 Broncos proved that defense wins chamionships and so did the 2013 Seahawks. Even the 2014 Patriots upgraded their D with Revis and a couple others showed up and had deflated footballs and it resulted in a championshop. Even in todays NFL the defense always wins the championships. 

Of the last 12 SBs only 4 times was it won my offensive minded HCs and 2 of those was by the Tom Coughlin Giants which we all know were by pure luck and a strong D line and O line. Sean Payton had Gregg Williams who led the bounty scandel Saints defense and Mike Mccarthy had Aaron Rodgers and Charles Woodson enough said. They are the expecrions not the norm

I've never turned on a head coach faster than I have with Bowles. Even Mangini's second year when we went 4-12 I still believes time and patience were needed to build a team. But, with the talent we have, this is grounds for hot seat and firinf if we finish at the bottom of the league.

The coach, the team look lost out there. Problem is who do we hire next? 

8 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Give us Matt Ryan , give them Fitz and ask the same question. 

please stop with the QB's already we know Matt Ryan is a better QB than Fitz. We also know the Jets are a terribly unprepared football team that continues to get beat on big plays over and over. Yesterday the Steelers shot themselves in the foot early in that game or the score would have been 50-13.

When a team constantly makes the same mistakes like the Jets are doing at some point you have to point at the coaching and the reason I say that is because Todd Bowles is failing at so many other levels other than just scheme. Yesterday on the Sammie Coates TD Calvin Pryor was so far out of position he could not catch up to Help Marcus Williams who was simply not fast enough to catch Coates and frankly about 90% of the corners in the NFL would have been beaten on that play with no help and a perfect pass in stride. When a team IS NOT generating a pass rush like the Jets you have to make some adjustments in the secondary because part of the reason bump and run corners excel is due to QB pressure of which we are creating none.

I feel like I have been repeating the same bullsh*t every week and that's because I am and our coaching staff is just not adjusting to anything on either side of the ball.

Yesterday may have been the worst coached game I have ever witnessed and Bowles made just about every mistake you could possibly make .

40 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

please stop with the QB's already we know Matt Ryan is a better QB than Fitz. We also know the Jets are a terribly unprepared football team that continues to get beat on big plays over and over. Yesterday the Steelers shot themselves in the foot early in that game or the score would have been 50-13.

When a team constantly makes the same mistakes like the Jets are doing at some point you have to point at the coaching and the reason I say that is because Todd Bowles is failing at so many other levels other than just scheme. Yesterday on the Sammie Coates TD Calvin Pryor was so far out of position he could not catch up to Help Marcus Williams who was simply not fast enough to catch Coates and frankly about 90% of the corners in the NFL would have been beaten on that play with no help and a perfect pass in stride. When a team IS NOT generating a pass rush like the Jets you have to make some adjustments in the secondary because part of the reason bump and run corners excel is due to QB pressure of which we are creating none.

I feel like I have been repeating the same bullsh*t every week and that's because I am and our coaching staff is just not adjusting to anything on either side of the ball.

Yesterday may have been the worst coached game I have ever witnessed and Bowles made just about every mistake you could possibly make .

At this point the coaching is so poor by the end of the season it will seem like every player should be cut.  This is just what piss poor coaching and horrible game preparation looks like.  I don't want to sound to dramatic but I don't see Bowles coming out of this.  I just don't.  

It's pretty simple.  Both came into their jobs as defensive-minded coaches.  Quinn is doing a lot with nothing when it comes to the Atlanta defense.  Bowles is doing a whole lot of nothing with plenty of talent on defense.  We took a gamechanger in Leonard Williams last year and used yet another 1st round pick so his defense could have the exact kind of LB he's looking for, and it's still terrible.  Not to mention he's a former DB coach and the secondary, with tons of money invested in it, sucks.

Inexcusable. 

5 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Of the last 12 SBs only 4 times was it won my offensive minded HCs and 2 of those was by the Tom Coughlin Giants which we all know were by pure luck and a strong D line and O line. Sean Payton had Gregg Williams who led the bounty scandel Saints defense and Mike Mccarthy had Aaron Rodgers and Charles Woodson enough said. They are the expecrions not the norm

Don't forget Kubiak last year.  He had a great defense but is still an offensive mind coach.

Year 1: 

Quinn and Shanny Jr looked like they destroyed Matt Ryan, which nobody expected. Their defense was a catastrophe, which everyone expected. Trending down.

Bowles and Gailey looked like they fooled the football Gods with Ryan Fitzpatrick, which nobody expected. The defense was pretty good, which everyone expected. Trending up.

Year 2:

Matt Ryan is back to normal, perhaps even better, which nobody expected. Their defense is still bad, but hidden by the great QB. Trending up.

Fitzpatrick is back to normal, perhaps even worse, which some people expected. The defense is horrible, which NOBODY expected. Trending down.

7 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Don't forget Kubiak last year.  He had a great defense but is still an offensive mind coach.

Because he hired the best DC possible. Wade Phillips gets no respect, but just about everywhere he goes as DC, he builds a defense that can take over a game weekly. He's the DC I've been wanting for years here. I also wanted Arians and Kubiak once upon a time.

Oh well.

29 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Quinn is the HC of the NYJ if Seattle gets knocked out of the playoffs before Bowles was set to fly to Atlanta.

These coaches are on par with each other. The difference is Matt Ryan is playing like an elite QB right now.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

These coaches are on par with each other. The difference is Matt Ryan is playing like an elite QB right now.

Haven't watched much of Quinn to be honest, so I can't say.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Because he hired the best DC possible. Wade Phillips gets no respect, but just about everywhere he goes as DC, he builds a defense that can take over a game weekly. He's the DC I've been wanting for years here. I also wanted Arians and Kubiak once upon a time.

Oh well.

Kubiak was smart enough to hire Wade in Houston and again in Denver.  That's why I also would have liked him here.  There is no way that he would have come here over going with his buddy Elias though and I don't blame him.

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Kubiak was smart enough to hire Wade in Houston and again in Denver.  That's why I also would have liked him here.  There is no way that he would have come here over going with his buddy Elias though and I don't blame him.

Yea, no doubt. Wishful thinking.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh well.

Wade Phillips is your classic, Amazing DC, Mediocre HC.

And, there is nothing wrong with that.  He is a phenominal DC.  So was Dick LeBeau.

15 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I think that's a big part.   Rookie HC hire rookie co-ordinators.

Established HC, they can hire a good staff.

While Bowles absolutely deserves every bit of crap he's getting these days, people are definitely starting to get a little premature with the Quinn love...... again.  Last year the Falcons started off hot and everyone was sucking him off, and then the team completely fell to sh*t for the rest of the season, going from 5-1 to 8-8.  They are certainly looking a lot better this year, but Quinn has definitely far more to prove before deserving any real praise.  If they come anywhere close to repeating last year's turn for the worse, his job security will be no better than Bowles'.

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh well.

With Wade Phillips its really like having 2 HCs on one team one for the defense and one for the offense. He's like another Rex excellent defensive mind would be a top 3 DC in this league now. But when it comes to being an HC hes in the middle of the pack because he literally just disregards the offense and lets the OC run the whole show. Im sure Kubiak does the same with Wade. But like I said defensive coaches are almost always the way to go for a HC. 

1 minute ago, Reynolds1029 said:

With Wade Phillips its really like having 2 HCs on one team one for the defense and one for the offense. He's like another Rex excellent defensive mind would be a top 3 DC in this league now. But when it comes to being an HC hes in the middle of the pack because he literally just disregards the offense and lets the OC run the whole show. Im sure Kubiak does the same with Wade. But like I said defensive coaches are almost always the way to go for a HC. 

Rex wouldn't be a top 3 DC in the league. He's delegated offense to his OC every year of his career, and focused on defense. I'm not googling the last time he was top 3, but it's not a given.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Arthur Blank outmaneuvered Woody Johnson.  Our owner needs to fade into dust for this franchise to ever have a shot at success.

No, he's right. The Jets didn't want to be the last team standing after all the HC options had dried up. Quinn was their first choice, but were worried Bowles would have been scooped up and there was no guarantee that Quinn would sign on with the Jets.

Arthur Blank wanted Rex, not Quinn. Like the Jets with Quinn, Rex wasn't waiting around for the Blanks' family funeral and initial mourning to end, lest he end up with nothing. Not while he had a red hot 5 year offer from Buffalo. 

There was the chance Quinn would opt for another team, like Atlanta, and there was also the chance Quinn would decide to remain in Seattle for another year. 

Basically, we folded before seeing the river card. This is how we ended up with Bowles. 

Archived