Bowles Not Even Considering Benching Fitz

SR24

6 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Benching Fitz will help beyond exponential means.  It may not translate to wins for certain, but it allows us to evaluate Petty and Hackenburg now, instead of having to go into next season with no idea.  Can you imagine we go 4-12 without having seen Hack or Petty, and DON'T draft a 1st round QB because we're counting on one of them to come through!?!?

It would be harmful to Hack to have him play at this point and Petty is hurt.  Bringing in Geno is not helpful to this team at this point.  I agree, if Petty was healthy he should start...

But Bowles is going to stick with Fitz as long as he possibly can...Pulling Fitz, his hand picked starter, signals to the league and team that you've given up on the season...I don't think he's ready to concede that yet.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FidelioJet said:

It would be harmful to Hack to have him play at this point and Petty is hurt.  Bringing in Geno is not helpful to this team at this point.  I agree, if Petty was healthy he should start...

But Bowles is going to stick with Fitz as long as he possibly can...Pulling Fitz, his hand picked starter, signals to the league and team that you've given up on the season...I don't think he's ready to concede that yet.

Why did we choose Hack so high if he wasn't ready. 

Just because he was Maccs pick doesn't make it right. 

We needed a player in the 2nd round who would be helping this team here and now 

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Harmful to Hack?  Stop it.  Just stop.  We are not a team with the luxury to wait and see if our broken mentally fragile crap suddenly gets tough in 3 years.  You wanna see if Hack has mental toughness and ability to make it in the NFL?  You throw him out there right now.  Some people cower and hide when the building is on fire, some people become heroes.  I have no concern for the psyche of Hackenburg.  If he burns in the fire, see ya later time to draft a new guy. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We are 1-4 we are playing bad football this team is in total disarray  unprepared every Sunday. Get a clue dont make your lack of of football knowledge and your love for Fitzpatrick turn this personal. 

Get a life. 

It is clear that as between you and me, the person who is in need of a life would be you.

Lack of football knowledge - give me an example or STFU.

Just now, Snell41 said:

Harmful to Hack?  Stop it.  Just stop.  We are not a team with the luxury to wait and see if our broken mentally fragile crap suddenly gets tough in 3 years.  You wanna see if Hack has mental toughness and ability to make it in the NFL?  You throw him out there right now.  Some people cower and hide when the building is on fire, some people become heroes.  I have no concern for the psyche of Hackenburg.  If he buns in the fire, see ya later time to draft a new guy. 

Snell41 we are grooming Hack because we have groomed so many others.................

Just now, Big Blocker said:

It is clear that as between you and me, the person who is in need of a life would be you.

Lack of football knowledge - give me an example or STFU.

Please go away or put me on ignore.

Todd Bowles is enough moron to deal with as a Jets fan. 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I can't wait until Fitz is no longer part of this organization.

He will always be a stain in Jets history.  A reminder that our front office is as incompetent as ever.

$12,000,000... wow.  Such a waste of a season.

Agree a big huge sh*t stain those who bought his jersey can cry all the way to Goodwill and I hope they clog their bathroom sink shaving off the Fitz beard. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why did we choose Hack so high if he wasn't ready. 

Just because he was Maccs pick doesn't make it right. 

We needed a player in the 2nd round who would be helping this team here and now 

I am by no means a Mac excuse maker.  He is as much to blame for this mess as anyone else.  - but that's not Hack's fault.  He's simply not ready to play and throwing him into the fire because Mac drafted him too early is biting your nose to spite your face.

Mac has been given a pass by the fans and media for the most part - not me.

He had a ton of money and made fixing the secondary his top priority - not looking good.

Revis - not looking good

Fitz - not looking good

Mo - Not looking good

Lee - too early to tell, but seems like he'll be a solid player, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he can be a difference maker

D. Smith - not looking good

Mauldin - not looking good

Yes, Williams seems to be panning out but that was a no brainer

Right now we're getting more out of Idzik's drafts - yet he was run out of town after two years.

1 minute ago, Big Blocker said:

I can't wait until we get rid of Smith Fans.  A real stain on our fanbase.I hate being reminded by them that a lot of people who call themselves Jet fans really aren't.

I cant wait until Fitzpatrick is as far away from this team as he can be and all his supporters hang their heads in shame realizing that he really does suck and that they were dead wrong. 

Just now, FloridaJetsFan said:

How bout that vaunted Defense we got though ...

Hell yes Marcus Williams the best CB in the NFL 

Does anyone wonder why all these great players wind up on the Jets always the hidden secrets no other teams knew about. 

Catapano,Jalin Marshall, Devin Smith, Marcus Williams etc etc 

1 minute ago, Big Blocker said:

I can't wait until we get rid of Smith Fans.  A real stain on our fanbase.I hate being reminded by them that a lot of people who call themselves Jet fans really aren't.

How does Smith keep coming

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I am by no means a Mac excuse maker.  He is as much to blame for this mess as anyone else.  - but that's not Hack's fault.  He's simply not ready to play and throwing him into the fire because Mac drafted him too early is biting your nose to spite your face.

He had a ton of money and made fixing the secondary his top priority - not looking good.

Revis - not looking good

Fitz - not looking good

Mo - Not looking good

Lee - too early to tell, but seems like he'll be a solid player, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he can be a difference maker

Right now we're getting more out of Idzik's drafts - yet he was run out of town after two years.

Well, you're doing so no matter what then.  Because with the absence of knowing what Hack can do, and the assumption that Petty is not a franchise QB (let's be realistic here), we should be 100% looking to draft our franchise starter next year.  In that case whoever we draft becomes the likely immediate starter, and Hack never gets a shot anyway.  So essentially we've either wasted the pick, or we throw him out there too early.  I'm sorry, today's NFL does not allow you to wait years on kids on the bench.  It's just not the way it works anymore.  Either Hack shows he's ready or he doesn't get a chance.  The fact we're not even dressing him is an indictment of him as a player, and our FO for using a 2nd rounder on him.  

Just now, Snell41 said:

Well, you're doing so no matter what then.  Because with the absence of knowing what Hack can do, and the assumption that Petty is not a franchise QB (let's be realistic here), we should be 100% looking to draft our franchise starter next year.  In that case whoever we draft becomes the likely immediate starter, and Hack never gets a shot anyway.  So essentially we've either wasted the pick, or we throw him out there too early.  I'm sorry, today's NFL does not allow you to wait years on kids on the bench.  It's just not the way it works anymore.  Either Hack shows he's ready or he doesn't get a chance.  The fact we're not even dressing him is an indictment of him as a player, and our FO for using a 2nd rounder on him.  

Another wasted 2 nd round pick is the way I see things we arent grooming any QB's in the NY Jets grooming school hidden in the basement of MetLife. 

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

I couldn't agree more with this point.  But it's done...Compounding an error with another one makes no sense.  He was a developmental pick - 4th round talent that was taken in the 2nd round.  

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I couldn't agree more with this point.  But it's done...Compounding an error with another one makes no sense.  He was a developmental pick - 4th round talent that was taken in the 2nd round.  

So far he has developed into nothing or isn't the NY Jets QB grooming school done with him yet. 

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Some people find their strength when they have no choice but to do so.  We are not in a position to let Hack find his strength on his time.  We have no alternatives.  None.  We need to be looking for a young franchise QB of the future that will step in day one of next year.  If we have NOTHING to see of whether or not Hack is that guy, then we need to draft a guy next year, in which case Hack's shot is gone because if we draft a QB first round he's not going to be sitting on the bench for Hack.  So right now Hack is in a do or die situation whether he's ready or not, so he best start getting himself ready.  If this FO does not draft a 1st round QB next year because they want to wait for Hack to show if he was worth it or not then you can be certain the billboards and airplanes will be up and running again.  And rightfully so, quite frankly. 

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Harmful to Hack?  Stop it.  Just stop.  We are not a team with the luxury to wait and see if our broken mentally fragile crap suddenly gets tough in 3 years.  You wanna see if Hack has mental toughness and ability to make it in the NFL?  You throw him out there right now.  Some people cower and hide when the building is on fire, some people become heroes.  I have no concern for the psyche of Hackenburg.  If he burns in the fire, see ya later time to draft a new guy. 

It's not about mental toughness, it's strictly about fixing his mechanics which takes time and repetition after repetition. Throwing him into the fire now will only cement bad footwork and mechanics. 

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

1-4 is a death sentence. The Jets have an opportunity here and like clockwork, as they always do, are blowing it. You have to play Petty and Hackenberg to see who is worth keeping around next year. There is no downside to this. You either determine you have a quarterback for the future or you wind up with a top 3 draft pick.

This is where this franchise has gone wrong for decades. Chasing mediocrity, not knowing when to throw the towel in for the greater good. Can't wait to see where 2-3 extra W's lands us. Maybe yet another first round cornerback. Because it's not like we've drafted nothing but corners and DL for the past ten years. Yay.

Also worth noting, this is the 3rd straight regime that is going make the same pivotal mistake. Tannenbaum/Mangini made it in 2007 and Idzik/Rex made it in 2014.

Sometimes a season comes along where you're bad and you just have to let that happen for the greater good. This is a concept that will be forever lost on Woody, meaning we can only pray that it's something the men in charge will grasp one day. Make no mistake about it, we are going 5-11 or 6-10 when we have a clear opportunity to go 1-15 or 2-14. That is a missed opportunity, period. Because Jets. And that has made the difference big time for this franchise for a long time.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I cant wait until Fitzpatrick is as far away from this team as he can be and all his supporters hang their heads in shame realizing that he really does suck and that they were dead wrong. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Let's see who is actually left after both of these two scrubs leave finally next yr ha.. I just hope they actually let this two losers go without defending them.. Some on here still go nuts if you dare tell the truth about how bad Sanchez is/was ? Ha

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Revis - not looking good

Fitz - not looking good

Mo - Not looking good

Read today that Mauldin isn't getting on the field enough, because they're not playing as much 3-4. 

4 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Fitz won't be benched until at least the bye week, because Bowles needs to "keep up appearances" that he is doing everything he can to win games. Putting Petty in there now would be raising the white flag of surrender. Petty will get in there when the Jets are 3-7 at the bye. This was never going to be a playoff season so lets not lose our minds here. Yes Bowles is in over his head and I would fire him for sure, but I would start with "offensive guru" Gailey who has completely neglected the run game to show how brilliant he is in the passing game. Well Chan, we have seen it and a "genius" you ain't. You can shuffle pass your a$$ right out of town for all I care. Sooner the better.

Gailey can't run!!

Teams are stacking the box against the Jets!!!

Archived