Marty Morhinweg is the new Ravens OC

Kevin L

The Baltimore Ravens have fired offensive coordinator Marc Trestman and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Marty Mornhinweg.

The Ravens announced the change Monday morning, less than 24 hours after a 16-10 loss to the Washington Redskins.

"My obligations are to the team, the organization and the fans to be the very best team we can be," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said in a statement. "Today we find ourselves one game out of the division and conference lead after experiencing two tough losses at home. We will work to be better in every aspect of our football team. Our expectations are high, and we look forward to fulfilling them.

"I appreciate and respect the efforts and contributions Marc has made to the team since his arrival. Marc is a good person and an excellent football coach."

Trestman was in his second season with the Ravens.

In his first season, the Ravens produced the second-most yards in team history and set a franchise record in passing yards despite losing six starters to season-ending injuries. Baltimore finished No. 14 in offense even though quarterback Joe Flacco, wide receiver Steve Smith and running back Justin Forsett all ended up on injured reserve.

Through Sunday's games, Baltimore ranks in the bottom 10 in points scored (18.8, 23rd), total yards (338.2, 23rd), third-down conversion (35.5 percent, 24th) and offensive penalties (19, eighth-most).

A week after Harbaugh said the Ravens are capable of having an "excellent" offense, he expressed concern about the current state of it.

"I think we have to find our offense," Harbaugh said Sunday. "That's been the story of the season. We can't find continuity on offense."

Mornhinweg joined the Ravens in January 2015. He has been the head coach of the Detroit Lions and offensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eaglesand most recently, the New York Jets.

The problem the Jets have is there is no identity, no personality to this team on either side of the ball.

Their calm, even-handed approach is modeled after their HC.  There's no fire, no attitude.  We've swung the pendulum all the way from tight-lipped, no emotion Eric Mangini to a loud-mouthed, in your face Rex Ryan....and now gone all the way back again.  The Jets are the classic, "grass is greener on the other side" team.  The problem is that by the time they get to the other side the lawn is dead.

31 minutes ago, RSJ said:

In a few weeks Morninwegs offense will put up 500 yards against the Jets.

Rofl. Flacco's basically a shoe in for 60% completions, 300 yards and 3 TDs despite how anemic their offense has been. How sickening it's going to be when the play caller we got rid of lights us up.

The JETS problem right now is Fitz.  The JETS paid this clown 12 mil and are pretty much stuck with him because if/when they decide to bench him, the NY JETS will be roasted by fans and the media and that my friend is what they are afraid of.  The circus all over again, this time with new ring master Todd "showmeasmile" Bowles.  Woody and Macc combine don't have the balls to make a change like Ozzie.

5 minutes ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

The JETS problem right now is Fitz.  The JETS paid this clown 12 mil and are pretty much stuck with him because if/when they decide to bench him, the NY JETS will be roasted by fans and the media and that my friend is what they are afraid of.  The circus all over again, this time with new ring master Todd "showmeasmile" Bowles.  Woody and Macc combine don't have the balls to make a change like Ozzie.

The Jets have problems that run a lot deeper than just Fitz. Look at those stats above bruh.

6 minutes ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

The HC picks his staff Harbaugh fired his OC not Ozzie..

"The Jets have problems that run a lot deeper than just Fitz. Look at those stats above bruh."

Trust me i have seen the stats, if anyone believe the JETS would go anywhere this year are fooling themselves. So my point is you have 3 young QB's on the team you drafted really high, if you decide to pick up a scrub, that scrub should be a backup at most.  Why not work and see where these kids can take you (especially Petty).  Fitz is not better than Geno or Petty (he may be better than Hack) and we all know what Geno can do (not much).  Fitzpatrick is not taking any team (not even a team with Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin) to the playoffs if he had them as receivers.  so don't give career third stringers 12mil and think they will take you to the promise land (it will never happen).

Archived