What we SHOULD have done

Snell41

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, an washed out Peyton Manning

Hooray for almost 20 years ago with Dilfer and Johnson.    This game today is nothing like what they played in  Nothing  A washed out Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning.  He is WORLDS better than Fitzpatrick on his best day, simply for his football knowledge alone.  Peyton clearly could not play at the level he was accustomed, but he did know how to win games even at such a diminished physical level. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PatsFanTX said:

You cite 3 QB's out of 50 Super Bowl games.

What about the other 47 games?

Even a blind squirrel.......................................

Super Bowl contending teams have one thing in common.

A franchise QB.

PatsFanTX,  His statement was 100% definite. He said "No franchise Qbs = No Super Bowl" I just proved him wrong. 

And you use "Super Bowl contending teams" That to me suggests AFC NFC Championship. Mark Sanchez played in 2. So by your logic, Mark Sanchez is a franchise QB.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's because it was a joke and jokes are funny.

The not so funny part is, if we were breaking in or trying out a youngster at QB (like I suggested :)) ...nobody would give a **** about the record because the team would finally be moving toward the future with no expectations this season.  But, instead, you went all in on this season, win now mode, with Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick and now you're a stick in the mud franchise going nowhere, with no new information about this team and literally no vision or direction as it pertains to the most important position in all of sports.  And the worst part is, this was all so ******* predictable.  

If he losses his job this season, you have to wonder how much Todd wished he would have just rolled with Geno or Petty or Hack.  You would have to imagine Mac and Woody would have given him a much longer leash.  But instead, here we are and here he is.

Because fans are dumb and assume things when they don't. That's their fault.

NEVER EXPECT IN SPORTS

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Hooray for almost 20 years ago with Dilfer and Johnson.    This game today is nothing like what they played in  Nothing  A washed out Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning.  He is WORLDS better than Fitzpatrick on his best day, simply for his football knowledge alone.  Peyton clearly could not play at the level he was accustomed, but he did know how to win games even at such a diminished physical level. 

HE WAS BENCHED!

27 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yesterday, Hoyer was 33/43, 75%, 397 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's and a 120.0 QB rating.

He's playing for $2MM this year but the Jets thought that paying Fitz $12MM was a better option.

Wow.

Because Fitzpatrick was supposed to be the new Rich Gannon, and Fitzpatrick was "better" than Hoyer. 

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

These people who think you can just trade up to pluck a franchise QB out of the draft live in complete delusion. If it were that easy we'd all be high on SB wins from Sanchez's amazing career here.

You keep trying.  You keep trying until you find him.  You do not ever stop trying.  You have zero shot of winning a SB without one.  There is nothing more important in the NFL than getting your franchise QB.  Drafting a high 1st round QB does not guarantee he pans out.  Getting a franchise QB that does pan out does not guarantee SB's.   But not having a franchise QB guarantees year of up and down inconsistency and guarantees no Super Bowls. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because fans are dumb and assume things when they don't. That's their fault.

NEVER EXPECT IN SPORTS

That post had nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with Todd Bowles.

The fans, have nothing to do with this.  

Let it go....

you sound like a crazy person.

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Which is why I supported Geno starting and telling Fitz to go F off if he didn't reduce his number significantly

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

What about the Joe Flacco's of the NFL?  The guys they call a Franchise QB but should he really be one?  

Yes. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Eli Manning? PatsFanTX can attest to this. Is he a franchise QB?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

That post had nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with Todd Bowles.

The fans, have nothing to do with this.  

Let it go....

you sound like a crazy person.

Yes they do. Sad, but they do. Fidelio Jet said it in another thread. The Jets, because of Woody, pay heed to fan and media reaction.

Fans and media wanted Fitzpatrick back: here he is.

Fans and media wanted Wilkerson extended: Here he is

Fans and media wanted Revis back before he went to NE: They got him after.

IT's the real primary problem with the franchise for which there are two possible solutions. Get rid of the owner or the fans and media have to be smarter.

PatsFanTX,  His statement was 100% definite. He said "No franchise Qbs = No Super Bowl" I just proved him wrong. 
And you use "Super Bowl contending teams" That to me suggests AFC NFC Championship. Mark Sanchez played in 2. So by your logic, Mark Sanchez is a franchise QB.

Again, Super Bowl contending teams (95% of them) have a franchise QB.

If I'm not mistaken, Sanchez has never played in a Super Bowl game.

He is nothing more than the AFCCG game blind squirrel, regardless what junc and SAR say.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes they do. Sad, but they do. Fidelio Jet said it in another thread. The Jets, because of Woody, pay heed to fan and media reaction.

And....you continue to chose to sound like a crazy person.

Dont say I've never tried to help.

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Again, Super Bowl contending teams (95% of them) have a franchise QB.

If I'm not mistaken, Sanchez has never played in a Super Bowl game.

He is nothing more than the AFCCG game blind squirrel, regardless what junc and SAR say.

You did not read my statement. Super Bowl contending means contending for or to get into a Super Bowl

36 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Hoyer stinks he couldn't beat a Colts D which would have a tough time against me

I'm not saying Hoyer is "good" I'm mocking the notion that people thought Fitzpatrick was better than Hoyer. When imo they're both good backup QB's who can step in and occasionally run your offense and even win a game or two for you. 

44 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

You keep trying.  You keep trying until you find him.  You do not ever stop trying.  You have zero shot of winning a SB without one.  There is nothing more important in the NFL than getting your franchise QB.  Drafting a high 1st round QB does not guarantee he pans out.  Getting a franchise QB that does pan out does not guarantee SB's.   But not having a franchise QB guarantees year of up and down inconsistency and guarantees no Super Bowls. 

This is just gibberish

A lot of talk here about how much the Jets should pay or give up to move up and get a true franchise QB prospect.  The real question though is whether this front office can actually identify WHO the true franchise QB is!

I'm not sold that Maccagnan can pick the best QB talent.  He has acquired 3 QBs through FA and the Draft so far (Fitz, Petty, Hack) and while guys like Trevor Simian, Dak Prescott and Paxton Lynch are starting to see playing time, the Jets still seem further than ever from finding the QB of the future.  Heck, even Minnesota traded for Sam Bradford, an elite talent who was screwed up and injured while on a bad Rams team and goofed up Chip Kelly Eagles squad.

If the Jets don't see enough progress and development out of Petty and Hack by this Spring then I'd argue the Jets approach Minnesota for EITHER Bridgewater or Bradford.  It sounds ridiculous.....but so is the Jets QB situation.

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

For Bradford to play like Bradford is playing right now it takes a complete team which the Vikings have.  They play ahead and don't fall behind their opponent.  However Bradford is definitely a better option than Fitzpatrick any day of the week.  

Thinking about it, if Bradford takes this team far, how do you go back to Bridgewater?  

I think the bigger question is when will bridgewater be ready to play again. Both QB's are perfect for that team-- smart, accurate, and efficient. It doesn't hurt that they have norv turner as OC too, he might be the best offensive coach in the league

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

A lot of talk here about how much the Jets should pay or give up to move up and get a true franchise QB prospect.  The real question though is whether this front office can actually identify WHO the true franchise QB is!

I'm not sold that Maccagnan can pick the best QB talent.  He has acquired 3 QBs through FA and the Draft so far (Fitz, Petty, Hack) and while guys like Trevor Simian, Dak Prescott and Paxton Lynch are starting to see playing time, the Jets still seem further than ever from finding the QB of the future.  Heck, even Minnesota traded for Sam Bradford, an elite talent who was screwed up and injured while on a bad Rams team and goofed up Chip Kelly Eagles squad.

If the Jets don't see enough progress and development out of Petty and Hack by this Spring then I'd argue the Jets approach Minnesota for EITHER Bridgewater or Bradford.  It sounds ridiculous.....but so is the Jets QB situation.

Bridgewater is damaged goods and will never play football again.....Bradford has found a new home ...next idea 

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Correct.  He was a throwing one with a destroyed shoulder who the Chargers let go because he was "damaged goods."

Did you happen to hear or read about the severity of Bridgewater's knee injury and reports of players vomiting over it. 

Bridgewater is damaged goods. 

Archived