What we SHOULD have done

Snell41

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bridgewater is damaged goods and will never play football again.....Bradford has found a new home ...next idea 

Well well well. I actually agree with you on something.  Mostlly, anyway.  By that I mean I don't have a crystal ball about Bridgewater, and you may well be right.  I would tend to bet you are.  But even if he is not completely through...

I am no doctor, but if Bridgewater's injury is as bad as it sounded, the Vikes will not want to enter the off season counting on him returning to them as their opening day starter.  They will instead say, assuming Bradford keeps the current pace up or even 80% of it, that Bradford is the better medium term option, no matter how optimistic they might want to be about Bridgewater.  The people running the team are not going to let that be outweighed by some prospect that six or eight years down the road Bradford will retire and Bridgewater will still be playing.  The odds say the smart move is CLEARLY to keep Bradford.  So yea, that option is gone.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did you happen to hear or read about the severity of Bridgewater's knee injury and reports of players vomiting over it. 

Bridgewater is damaged goods. 

Understood.  The Jets have a QB with a damaged brain right now and the fans are vomiting over it.

Look, I'm simply suggesting that the Jets be more aggressive, explore all options and not sit back with 2nd and 4th round QB prospects as they verbally support their 12 million dollar interception machine.  The Vikings season was over.....until it wasn't because their FO was bold and made a big move.

The Jets have been working on their QB problem ever since they let Sanchez go.  They're still working on it.  In that time the Vikings seemed to have solved their QB problem twice.  And, after almost 4 years we're still not in a position where we can say who the QB of the Jets should be over the next 5 years.  Nobody has any clue who should QB this team in 2017.

New Orleans took a chance and it worked...

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/9/27/4778488/drew-brees-passed-over-by-dolphins-the-storyline-that-wont-go-away

It's going to be asked every single time the Miami Dolphins and New Orleans Saints face off, and it's a story line that will not go away. In 2006, the Dolphins seemed to have their choice of potential franchise quarterbacks, both of whom were coming off of injury. The team passed on Drew Brees, who would sign with the Saints, because of his shoulder, instead choosing to trade for Daunte Culpepper, who was coming off a major knee injury to his ACL, PCL, and MCL, and would, ultimately, never again be the electrifying quarterback he was in his early years with the Minnesota Vikings.

Then Dolphins head coach Nick Saban has said the Miami doctors felt Brees' shoulder injury was too severe, and he would never be able to throw the ball as well as Culpepper would. The Dolphins sent a second round draft pick to the Vikings for Culpepper, who, a year later, would be released by the Dolphins.

Meanwhile, Brees has been to six Pro Bowls, a First Team All Pro selection, won a Super Bowl, and set the single season passing yardage record at 5,476, breaking Dan Marino's record. Since moving from the San Diego Chargers to the Saints, Brees has led the league in passing yards four time, three of those over 5,000 yards, three times in completion percentage, four times in touchdown passes, and once in passer rating. His lowest passer rating since his arrival in New Orleans is 89.4 in 2007.

Yeah, Miami made the wrong choice.

I don't know if or how well Bridgewater will recover, but when it comes to a franchise QB I view that risk the same as trading up to take a guy like Wentz or Goff when they've never thrown a NFL pass.  With the most important position on the field sometimes you need to take a risk. 

Petty will be healthy to finish out the season.  I'm not concerned with bottoming out Hack.  His quotient is so low for success, even long term.  Burn his ass out.  Again, if he's so mentally fragile that he can't go into a game now, it ain't happening 3 years from now.  When did football become a sport of such pussies?  Get out there and play.  And if you can't, see you later. 

I agree hack showed me nothing, petty was impressive. When he's healthy after a few more losses he has to play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

More gibberish. Get to the point.

Read, dooshie.  The point is we should be evaluating our young QB's, right now, live in game.  If they can't pull their weight and show signs of success in this league then we need to draft a top rated QB next year, and do whatever it takes to do it.  We should have done so with CLE last year.  We should have paid whatever it took to do it, and we should pay whatever it takes to do it next year. 

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Read, dooshie.  The point is we should be evaluating our young QB's, right now, live in game.  If they can't pull their weight and show signs of success in this league then we need to draft a top rated QB next year, and do whatever it takes to do it.  We should have done so with CLE last year.  We should have paid whatever it took to do it, and we should pay whatever it takes to do it next year. 

Maybe we could switch them off in game like Sanchez and Tebow. You know, "paid whatever it took to do it" to see if they "can't pull their weight" "in this league".

Go back to playing Madden.

5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Wrong.

1000000 times wrong.

If you believe Dak Prescott would succeed with this team, you have to be naive. Same thing with Lynch. Goes back to INSTANT GRATIFICATION

Right they'd be sitting on the bench behind Fitz all the while Bowles and Fitz fans spouting that Ryan gives the team the best chance to win.

9 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Maybe we could switch them off in game like Sanchez and Tebow. You know, "paid whatever it took to do it" to see if they "can't pull their weight" "in this league".

Go back to playing Madden.

Wow, so you're just a giant prick normally or you love Fitz?  I'm advocating beginning the search for our franchise QB, starting with determining if either of the two young guys on our roster might be one of them.  WTF does Tebow have to do anything?  Talk about gibberish, how about responding with a coherent logical thought?  Judging by your avatar I'm guessing you're just butthurt by the reality your boy sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Wow, so you're just a giant prick normally or you love Fitz?  I'm advocating beginning the search for our franchise QB, starting with determining if either of the two young guys on our roster might be one of them.  WTF does Tebow have to do anything?  Talk about gibberish, how about responding with a coherent logical thought?  Judging by your avatar I'm guessing you're just butthurt by the reality your boy sucks. 

You should call Macc ASAP and let him know he should have been looking for a franchise QB the whole time. I bet you will blow him away with that radical new idea.

This along with punting on 4th and inches equals an easy won for any team playing the Jets this season. 

I dont see us winning another a game if there arent changes. 

Todd Bowles is a much bigger problem for the Jets than having the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Never in my life have I seen a NFL HC call a TO when the friggn' clock was stopped in crunch time.

You should call Macc ASAP and let him know he should have been looking for a franchise QB the whole time. I bet you will blow him away with that radical new idea.

He already blew one opportunity. We were close to trading up for Wentz, he just couldn't pull the trigger. Instead we got the useless Hackenburg pick and a year of your boy sh*tting himself all over the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

He already blew one opportunity. We were close to trading up for Wentz, he just couldn't pull the trigger. Instead we got the useless Hackenburg pick and a year of your boy sh*tting himself all over the field.

What are you waiting for? Did you call him?

He probably doesn't know that no matter how much a team wants a franchise QB they'll always give away their shot for the right price. I mean, that works in Madden right?

He already blew one opportunity. We were close to trading up for Wentz, he just couldn't pull the trigger.

That's just an emotional response based on what Wentz has done so far this year.

The Eagles moved up from #9 to get Wentz at a huge cost.

You have any idea what it would have cost the Jets to move up from #19?

That's just an emotional response based on what Wentz has done so far this year.

The Eagles moved up from #9 to get Wentz at a huge cost.

You have any idea what it would have cost the Jets to move up from #19?

Would've been worth every bit. There were reports that whatever we offered was very close.

In hindsight, absolutely worth it.

Does anyone know what Mac offered?

No, only the statement from a CLE rep that we were very close. Most people thought we were posturing for Fitz to sign until that report came out. Had we made that move we'd likely be without Fitz and Mo, minus an admitted lot of draft picks. But again, if you're targeting a player that is a franchise QB in your mind then there's really no price you shouldn't pay. The trick is to then find the right mix of less expensive FA's to fill holes that draft picks would otherwise fill, though to the point of many other threads we've really missed on so many picks losing them in a trade isn't all that bad.

5 hours ago, August said:

I'm not saying Hoyer is "good" I'm mocking the notion that people thought Fitzpatrick was better than Hoyer. When imo they're both good backup QB's who can step in and occasionally run your offense and even win a game or two for you. 

As crap as Fitz is he beat the colts last year and Hoyer couldn't beat an even worse colts team this week

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

No, only the statement from a CLE rep that we were very close. Most people thought we were posturing for Fitz to sign until that report came out. Had we made that move we'd likely be without Fitz and Mo, minus an admitted lot of draft picks. But again, if you're targeting a player that is a franchise QB in your mind then there's really no price you shouldn't pay. The trick is to then find the right mix of less expensive FA's to fill holes that draft picks would otherwise fill, though to the point of many other threads we've really missed on so many picks losing them in a trade isn't all that bad.

Would have cost the entire draft to get Wentz.  Probably worth it but that's really hindsight is 20/20

9 hours ago, Snell41 said:

No.  Mike Ditka did that for a Running Back.  Running Backs are mostly useless in today's NFL.  Franchise QB's are the only thing that matters.  Would I do a Ditka trade for a franchise QB?  You bet your ass.  As we stand today, would you NOT have given CLE more than PHI gave to secure Carson Wentz?  Are you nuts?

And as for picking high this year, the longer Fitz starts, the more chance the FO might bypass drafting a potential frnachise QB because they "think" they might have one with Hack or Petty.  How friggin scary is that!

Tell Dallas that drafting a RB with the 4th pick in the draft is useless in today's NFL.

Tell Dallas that drafting a RB with the 4th pick in the draft is useless in today's NFL.

They were already there. We're talking about trading a haul of picks for a player. When that player is a potential franchise QB, you take the risk. As good as EE a
Has been thus far, he'll never be worth multiple 1sts 2nds and 3rds

Archived