Next year qb depth chart

Will read 1 tony romo 2 Bryce petty 3 hackenberg. Heard it here first 

That would be the dumbest decision in the past 20 years, and there have seriously been some dumb decisions during that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Look at it this way. After only two offseasons he'll have moved up from 4th string to 3rd string. #improvement

We drafted Hack early in the 2nd round, I would be disappointed if he was not in the mix next preseason.  I think Petty and Hack will be in the mix for the starting job next season.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

We drafted Hack early in the 2nd round, I would be disappointed if he was not in the mix next preseason.  I think Petty and Hack will be in the mix for the starting job next season.

No we didn't. It was latter half of the 2nd round, but it doesn't matter. Still the 2nd round; had our pick naturally been 10 slots earlier I don't believe we'd have picked anyone else.

Hopefully you're right and I'm wrong, but I'm thinking Hackenberg won't truly be in the mix in 2017. I think he's Maccagnan's Precious, and will be handled like fine china. So he won't be truly competing until year 3.

They already said there isn't time to work on his fundamentals now and it'll have to wait until after the season's over. Therefore it'll be: year 2 spring/summer they'll have more time to work on his mechanics and footwork and whatever else that should have been 2nd nature already. But still he's not to be touched. Then another offseason working on them further, and in year 3 he'll be in competition for the starting job (assuming Petty or someone else hasn't already cemented himself as the unquestioned starter by then). 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No we didn't. It was latter half of the 2nd round, but it doesn't matter. Still the 2nd round; had our pick naturally been 10 slots earlier I don't believe we'd have picked anyone else.

Hopefully you're right and I'm wrong, but I'm thinking Hackenberg won't truly be in the mix in 2017. I think he's Maccagnan's Precious, and will be handled like fine china. So he won't be truly competing until year 3.

They already said there isn't time to work on his fundamentals now and it'll have to wait until after the season's over. Therefore it'll be: year 2 spring/summer they'll have more time to work on his mechanics and footwork and whatever else that should have been 2nd nature already. But still he's not to be touched. Then another offseason working on them further, and in year 3 he'll be in competition for the starting job (assuming Petty or someone else hasn't already cemented himself as the unquestioned starter by then). 

You are right, I stand corrected it was the latter half of the round.  You may be correct that they will bring him along slow, I would like to think he will make great stides though by next TC.

19 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You are right, I stand corrected it was the latter half of the round.  You may be correct that they will bring him along slow, I would like to think he will make great stides though by next TC.

Even his workout clothes will be stuffed with bubblewrap.

4th string behind Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, and Bryce Petty lol. Good Lord.

Hopefully he turns into whatever Maccagnan saw in him. 

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Romo ain't coming. It will be

1. Osweiler (acquired from the Texans for a 1st)

2. Geno Smith (Signed to 1 year deal for 12 million after playing well for the last 5 games to finish off with a 6-10 record)

3. Hackenberg

IR: Petty

That's a nightmare scenario. Good lore help us if that happens. 

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Romo ain't coming. It will be

1. Osweiler (acquired from the Texans for a 1st)

2. Geno Smith (Signed to 1 year deal for 12 million after playing well for the last 5 games to finish off with a 6-10 record)

3. Hackenberg

IR: Petty

Thankfully, there is 0% chance of this happening. 

Cutler, petty, some 7th round draftee, Hackenburg.

Many years ago, likely before your time, a poster named Jet Moses finally snapped from god knows what stupid thing amongst all stupid things the Jets had done. He lost it, and in his glorious exit from years and years of Forum posts, he posted a graphic gif of a man repeatedly punching himself in the balls with a note saying "**** this team". It was epic, and I don't think he's been seen on a forum since. If we sign Jay Cutler I swear to god I will post a real video of myself punching myself in the nuts until I'm dead.

• Upvote 3
56 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Many years ago, likely before your time, a poster named Jet Moses finally snapped from god knows what stupid thing amongst all stupid things the Jets had done. He lost it, and in his glorious exit from years and years of Forum posts, he posted a graphic gif of a man repeatedly punching himself in the balls with a note saying "**** this team". It was epic, and I don't think he's been seen on a forum since. If we sign Jay Cutler I swear to god I will post a real video of myself punching myself in the nuts until I'm dead.

Wow this Jet Moses guy sounds like a genius 

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

That was over at JI back in the day...

Good times.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Lol remember him

That was over at JI back in the day...

Good times.

You remember that? That was so hilarious and perfect for the moment. I can't recall wth happened that set him off but I'm pretty sure it was Herm's decision to run twice and kneel vs PIT in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

You remember that? That was so hilarious and perfect for the moment. I can't recall wth happened that set him off but I'm pretty sure it was Herm's decision to run twice and kneel vs PIT in the playoffs.

Yup.  I was on JI starting in like 2002...until Sean sold the site. Used to attend their tailgate on my annual foray to the Meadowlands.  

JetMoses was one of my favs if only for pure comedic reasons.