MNF Jets Playoff Game

kevinc855

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Mid 50's is exactly what I was thinking to. Spot on. Do you yell at the kids on your lawn and hate your boss to? Possibly balding? Im in my early 30's and started coming up during the Kotite years, YES we all know how much you suffered but aren't brand new fans either. We have traveled, traced social media and see how different fan bases are. This fan base is one of the most negative ones I know. I grew up in NY and know "the type all to well" its Week 6 and we are done? Give me a break

Do you have a steady job with health benefits and stock options?  Do you own your own car?  Do you own your own home? Do you rely on your parents for everything?  

Do you eat sushi?  Mid 30's are you married or in a serious relationship?  Older fans like myself expect more we want more even out of life we are established in life we tend to make better decisions than say a 30 year old who has his face in a phone most of the day with zero responsibilities in life. 

Thats the problem entitlement and a break is all the young society wants and doesn't want to work for a damn thing. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JetUp91 said:

No, you're completely wrong. I do see what's going on, I'm not "pacifying situations" or "making excuses for failure," and I'm not "alright with it." You just quoted my above post where I said this team has been a disaster, but I just don't want to give up just yet. I'm just as frustrated as you are with the way things have been going so far. You're just choosing to bitch and moan about it while I'm choosing to keep my head up and see if we can turn this thing around.

Football is entertainment. If you're so annoyed by this team, walk away. It really is that simple.

amen

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you have a steady job with health benefits and stock options?  Do you own your own car?  Do you own your own home? Do you rely on your parents for everything?  

Do you eat sushi?  Mid 30's are you married or in a serious relationship?  Older fans like myself expect more we want more even out of life we are established in life we tend to make better decisions than say a 30 year old who has his face in a phone most of the day with zero responsibilities in life. 

Thats the problem entitlement and a break is all the young society wants and doesn't want to work for a damn thing. 

Actually yes, Im married with one child and in the Army. (I would consider that a stable job with benefits) I also own two Hondas (they last forever) and moved out of my house after college. I do love sushi though, will eat that 3 meals a day if I could.

One thing is clear though, Im a much better jet fan then you are.

6 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

No, you're completely wrong. I do see what's going on, I'm not "pacifying situations" or "making excuses for failure," and I'm not "alright with it." You just quoted my above post where I said this team has been a disaster, but I just don't want to give up just yet. I'm just as frustrated as you are with the way things have been going so far. You're just choosing to bitch and moan about it while I'm choosing to keep my head up and see if we can turn this thing around.

Football is entertainment. If you're so annoyed by this team, walk away. It really is that simple.

Do you own season tickets and a PSL have you ever paid for entertainment you call it most of us call it a football game where grown men battle each other on the gridiron entertainment is the opera or a play in NYC. 

No walking for me my generation we quit nothing cancel nothing delete nothing we struggle fuss and fight and hope the for the best outcome. 

Entertainment LOL find a new hobby football isn't entertainment let me guess you were president of the academic club in high school 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Actually yes, Im married with one child and in the Army. (I would consider that a stable job with benefits) I also own two Hondas (they last forever) and moved out of my house after college. I do love sushi though, will eat that 3 meals a day if I could.

One thing is clear though, Im a much better jet fan then you are.

If you think so thats all that matters. Thanks for your service. 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Easy games?????

That is hilarious.

Only game the Jets will be favored in the rest of the season will be the Phins at home.

Not to mention ..there isn't an easy game in the NFL. The Browns for example are full of professional athletes. The team hasn't turned on the coach.

They will see film, realize Fitz blows, the secondary is weak and they will do their best to exploit us. Shouldn't be difficult.

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Not to mention ..there isn't an easy game in the NFL. The Browns for example are full of professional athletes. The team hasn't turned on the coach.

They will see film, realize Fitz blows, the secondary is weak and they will do their best to exploit us. Shouldn't be difficult.

I'm going to this game. God HELP US if we lose to the Browns. See the only way of this happening is Jets beating Cards and Ravens, getting fans all ready to be 4-4 to lose to the Browns. That be SOOOO JETS.

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm going to this game. God HELP US if we lose to the Browns. See the only way of this happening is Jets beating Cards and Ravens, getting fans all ready to be 4-4 to lose to the Browns. That be SOOOO JETS.

My GF is from Cleveland.  I went to Prog field to see Yanks, R and R HOF, football stadium is right there.  Stay at a hotel downtown and no need to get in your car.  

I was gonna go but the thought of losing...  Walk to Panini's sandwich shop. Friggin incredible.

44 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

Most Jets fans are such cynics lol. I get that we've sucked horribly this year and it's been a total disaster, but at 1-4 I'm keeping hope alive for a turnaround. Will it happen? Most likely not, but giving up on the season this early is just depressing to me. I'm hoping for a win in Arizona, because if we can get this one then we have some easy games coming up.

It's all about schedule sequencing, JetUp.

We'll go 1-6 on the crushing part of our schedule and 6-1 on the cupcake part of our schedule, we'll be 7-7 going into Christmas where we can play spoiler to the Patriots and Bills.

We have .500 talent so no one should be surprised that we're in the middle of a losing streak with 4 of 6 on the road and 6 of 6 against playoff-caliber competition.  We haven't beaten teams of this skillset since 2010, it should have been expected.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

My GF is from Cleveland.  I went to Prog field to see Yanks, R and R HOF, football stadium is right there.  Stay at a hotel downtown and no need to get in your car.  

I was gonna go but the thought of losing...  Walk to Panini's sandwich shop. Friggin incredible.

Thanks for the heads up. It will be my first time in town but looks like everything is closely located in Downtown which is nice. My hotel will be closer to the airport because I could get it for free with my points. Is there a good train or something that runs down there or am I gona have to cab it?

16 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Thanks for the heads up. It will be my first time in town but looks like everything is closely located in Downtown which is nice. My hotel will be closer to the airport because I could get it for free with my points. Is there a good train or something that runs down there or am I gona have to cab it?

Dont know...I stayed right downtown for 2 nights and had a blast.  Uber or cab makes sense.

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

On Monday night the Jets are playing for their season. One must ask, not only being on the national stage and having so much on the line what game plan Bowles and Chan will have. This is no time for conservative football or status quo play. The players need to come out jacked, playing fast and hitting hard. The Jets need to realize for this team and their fans there season is not off to a good start but not lost yet either. As I have stated on posts before a win in Arizona on MNF could be a turn around game for this team, a moment in their season.

Following the Cardinals is a Ravens team who is starting to be exposed, an awful Browns team and a terrible Dolphins team. It is really hard to fathom the Jets being 4-4 at the halfway point? The following week is the Rams who is not as good as their 3-2 record suggests heading into a bye week. This team needs to fight for itself and its fans. They need to clean up so much, play in the clutch and keep fighting.

I know I will be rooting my head off on Monday night, I expect my team to be amped as I am. TURN IT AROUND THIS WEEK!

Neither was the 4th quarter vs. Pittsburgh trailing by two scores. But we punted on 4th and short - twice.

I see no reason to believe Bowles is going to change in one week. Especially against his old team.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Only game the Jets will be favored in the rest of the season will be the Phins at home.

Wish I had your confidence. :-P 

Shorter week (Sat night game) after a tiring west coast trip, and the Patsies up the following week? Classic trap game. IMHO we've a better chance of beating them in Miami, we tend to under-perform at home vs. Miami.

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

On Monday night the Jets are playing for their season. One must ask, not only being on the national stage and having so much on the line what game plan Bowles and Chan will have. This is no time for conservative football or status quo play. The players need to come out jacked, playing fast and hitting hard. The Jets need to realize for this team and their fans there season is not off to a good start but not lost yet either. As I have stated on posts before a win in Arizona on MNF could be a turn around game for this team, a moment in their season.

Following the Cardinals is a Ravens team who is starting to be exposed, an awful Browns team and a terrible Dolphins team. It is really hard to fathom the Jets being 4-4 at the halfway point? The following week is the Rams who is not as good as their 3-2 record suggests heading into a bye week. This team needs to fight for itself and its fans. They need to clean up so much, play in the clutch and keep fighting.

I know I will be rooting my head off on Monday night, I expect my team to be amped as I am. TURN IT AROUND THIS WEEK!

Who exactly is going to get this team motivated to come out with their hair on fire like you suggest ? Todd Bowles ? heh 1-5

I hate to say this because I'm usually a very optimistic Jets fan but this coach has me to the point of total disgust because I know for a fact with the right coaching we could be looking at a very different year and record. This is simply a poorly coached team in every single aspect of the game that seems to be on the verge of packing it in and that makes me sick to my stomach.

Just now, Snell41 said:

I love how our sh*tty seasons always, ALWAYS, devolve into "I'm a better fan than you" debates. So fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It brings out the best today was a classic wet behind the ears 30 year olds calling the older Jets fans the problem, LOL 

23 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Wish I had your confidence. :-P 

Shorter week (Sat night game) after a tiring west coast trip, and the Patsies up the following week? Classic trap game. IMHO we've a better chance of beating them in Miami, we tend to under-perform at home vs. Miami.

only good teams get trapped ...we are the trapper not the trappee

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Who exactly is going to get this team motivated to come out with their hair on fire like you suggest ? Todd Bowles ? heh 1-5

I hate to say this because I'm usually a very optimistic Jets fan but this coach has me to the point of total disgust because I know for a fact with the right coaching we could be looking at a very different year and record. This is simply a poorly coached team in every single aspect of the game that seems to be on the verge of packing it in and that makes me sick to my stomach.

Bowles pretty much packed it in against Pitt in the 4th ... punting TWICE in short yardage situations because - why? Our D was playing lights out and would get a quick stop / generate a turnover? No. My own view is he didn't want the game to end like all the others, on turnovers, so he punted it away and accepted the loss.

Just now, jamesr said:

Bowles pretty much packed it in against Pitt in the 4th ... punting TWICE in short yardage situations because - why? Our D was playing lights out and would get a quick stop / generate a turnover? No. My own view is he didn't want the game to end like all the others, on turnovers, so he punted it away and accepted the loss.

He didnt want to further expose Fitzpatrick Macc's $12 million dollar man makes perfect sense to me. 

This is why he wont play Geno Smith out of fear he outplays Fitzpatrick

Just now, jamesr said:

See I disagree, I think this guy was dumb enough to think our exhausted Defense was going to stop a red hot Steeler offense he's a buffoon

8 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I love how our sh*tty seasons always, ALWAYS, devolve into "I'm a better fan than you" debates. So fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you give up on season in Week 6 you deserve to be called out for the pariah you are

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

See I disagree, I think this guy was dumb enough to think our exhausted Defense was going to stop a red hot Steeler offense he's a buffoon

Whichever reason, not one of Bowles' better games. :angry:

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Correct, but we'll be 7-7 rounding the corner into Christmas.

We are a victim of scheduling and sequencing.  If our early games were easy and our middle games hard we'd wind up in the same place.  We are a 7-9 team, we weren't going to beat all these playoff teams no matter when the games were played.

SAR I

Didn't you really mean this : We are a 7-9 team, we weren't going to beat all these playoff teams with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB. 

Archived