If We Finish As I predict, Bowles Will Be Fired

Ken Schroy

3 hours ago, Barkus said:

Toilet is not getting fired, unless they finish 1-15. This team will end up with 6-7 wins and they will give Toilet one more year to get his act together. Team won't be fun for me to watch for me until fitz is on the bench. Hope the nice weather holds up so I can play a little more golf on a Sundays before it snows here, because fitz won't be benched until jets are officially eliminated from playoffs. 

If the Jets get 6-7 wins in total that means they basically finish out the rest of the season around .500, which should be good enough to prevent a complete insurrection.

I support giving Bowles time for a bunch of reasons-he was not given a good 2016 roster, the schedule was brutal, and Woody again saved by hiring a first time head coach, and in doing so there are growing pains.

But sometimes you have to cut your losses-so if the team quits on him, or if there are more completely boneheaded coaching moves, or if the team continues to be unprepared, Bowles should be fired.  Those are fair intermediate steps to developing a head coach.  Bowles is a good man, but his back is against the wall.  If I am MacC, he needs to do those things to keep his job.

Then we can talk about what MacC needs to do to keep his job.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys stop with the draft forecasting. We will pick a Kicker in the 1st round and cut him later on only to beat us in an important game when he is on another team. Oh, we did that in the 2nd round with Nugent already. Geez. I am friggin 51 and never saw this team in the SB and question every day whether I'll live long enough to see them in one. I'd love to take this less serious and not watch them much, but I just can't bring myself to do so. Maybe the league can do the favor of forcing the Jets to move to Vegas and then that will be the end of this charade.   

Who have we become,that 7-9 or 8-8 has become and acceptable season.
Is there another Bill Parcells out there somewhere who through force of will push his team to greater heights ?
A HC who will pull a starter arse right to the bench in the middle of the game if his play becomes indefensible.
Maybe we needed to give the Cane the head coaching job after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the Idzik and Rex debacle, they were lucky to even get an interview with Todd Bowles. If they fire Bowles, the coaching fraternity and their agents won't come within fifty miles of Florham Park. You'd be begging Mike Shanahan to interview here. The job would be even more toxic than it is now, and it's already Chernobyl.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

After the Idzik and Rex debacle, they were lucky to even get an interview with Todd Bowles. If they fire Bowles, the coaching fraternity and their agents won't come within fifty miles of Florham Park. You'd be begging Mike Shanahan to interview here. The job would be even more toxic than it is now, and it's already Chernobyl.

Disagree the Jets job is a dream job NYC the bright lights all you have to do is win baby!

5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

His process won him 10 games last year. Regardless of opponent, it worked last year

What capacity do you serve working for the team. Its the only logical explanation with some of your defenses . Either that or your Greg Buttle. 

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

The main complaints were from the Geno fans. You know: Geno;'s getting screwed, Bowles plays favorites, which is a bunch on nonsense. Geno took himself out of a Qb competition and the other guy started winning games. As simple as that. Sure a rookie HC is going to give you a few head scratchers. Some of us are Mets fans and watch a hundred or more games a year and think we know more than the manager. Believe me we don't but as fans with some knowledge of the game we can have fun and have an opinion. But to start this firing cycle again is insane. The Jets committed to Bowles and Mac and let's give both of them at least three seasons. 

There are a million things wrong with Bowles right now. Playing favorites isn't one of them though.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Who will fire Bowles?  Woody (essentially) hired him.  Can Macc fire him?

I say we resign IK, go back to whoever recommended Bowles and Mac and have IK punch him in the jaw.  While he's on his mission, for good measure, punch Idziot for drafting Geno, punch Woody for hiring Idziot and signing off on the Mac/Bowles tandem and punch Geno for being Geno. 

On 10/11/2016 at 0:21 PM, Ken Shroy said:

I had us winning in Cleveland.

We never play well on the West coast.    Loss

Fins are better. 2 losses

I had us beating the Rams. Win

If the Bills are competing for a Wildcard spot, we will lose. Loss

Not happening. Rams defense is nasty, that's the type of game our qb's throw 5 interceptions in. Kessler is also playing pretty well for the Browns right now and might just tear us a new one. Would be pretty funny if Kessler turned out to be a franchise qb and the Browns got their qb before us.

On 10/11/2016 at 10:45 AM, Rangers9 said:

I hope he's not fired. And I think we'll win 8 games. I thought we could compete with better teams but so far we haven't. Maybe our personnel isn't that good. You can't keep firing people every other season. If so around the league our franchise is going to be known as a joke. I mean Belichick lost his first season with NEP. I guess some of you guys would have fired him, too. Give the guy at least a third season. The same reason I was against firing Idzik. After the team was 8-8 his first year. Things happen that result in bad seasons. You have to give GMs and Hcs at least a fair chance to right the ship. 

if it's pretty evident that the guy is in over his head, then it is not only acceptable, but also critical that he be replaced.  Otherwise you waste several more years of going no where.  Bowles and his staff never make adjustments, tend to play people out of position and perform worse in the second half of every game.  It's this last concern that worries me the most. Its not that Bowles doesn't adjust well, its more like there is no attempt at adjustment at all.  

Sorry, I just don't see any long term value  in Bowles here.  Cut bait quickly.  We don't need to wait for 6 years like we did with Rex to know that it aint going to happen in his tenure here.  Sometimes you just know its not going to work.  This guy seems clueless.

On 10/11/2016 at 10:45 AM, Rangers9 said:

I hope he's not fired. And I think we'll win 8 games. I thought we could compete with better teams but so far we haven't. Maybe our personnel isn't that good. You can't keep firing people every other season. If so around the league our franchise is going to be known as a joke. I mean Belichick lost his first season with NEP. I guess some of you guys would have fired him, too. Give the guy at least a third season. The same reason I was against firing Idzik. After the team was 8-8 his first year. Things happen that result in bad seasons. You have to give GMs and Hcs at least a fair chance to right the ship. 

Screw Idziot. Anyone dumb enough to draft Geno Smith should have been fired on the spot. 

On 10/11/2016 at 5:41 PM, rillo said:

Bowels will be back.

He shouldn't. What exactly has he done to warrant keeping him around? A bum team like the Cardinals ran all over his defense. His running game is nonexistent, his passing game looks helter skelter. Granted Decker is out but the play calling was awful. At the very least Kacy Rodgers needs to find the unemployment line.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

if it's pretty evident that the guy is in over his head, then it is not only acceptable, but also critical that he be replaced.  Otherwise you waste several more years of going no where.  Bowles and his staff never make adjustments, tend to play people out of position and perform worse in the second half of every game.  It's this last concern that worries me the most. Its not that Bowles doesn't adjust well, its more like there is no attempt at adjustment at all.  

Sorry, I just don't see any long term value  in Bowles here.  Cut bait quickly.  We don't need to wait for 6 years like we did with Rex to know that it aint going to happen in his tenure here.  Sometimes you just know its not going to work.  This guy seems clueless.

Maybe he'll be man enough and quit. There has to be a reason why this guy never got a head coaching job before. His mentality is too passive and like you said he never adjust. Its like we got this game plan and we are sticking to it. That is unacceptable as a coach. We need an offensive guru in here its been way too long since we even looked in that direction.

I'm worried that this horrible season will make Woody's next hire be to some college coach with no pro experience and give them full control. 

Who else are we going to hire seriously? Another coordinator. Holmgren, Cowher and Gruden seem to be done. It'll be another coordinatir-first time head coach, or a "splashy" college hire. The future is bleak.

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

QFT

It's most obvious in football and basketball, where there are 4 quarters and a halftime, but lack of adjustments is the sure sign between a coach who knows what he's doing, really, and a bad coach, or at best, an "ok" coach. 

I can't think of any instance where a team had a coach where the team generally and consistently came out flat to start the 2nd half, where at some point later on that coach looked good. At best, the coach was "a good guy, motivational" but wasn't really adding anything special. At worst, those kind of coaches just sucked. 

Sorry, best case scenario for Bowles is he's a "good guy" coach, whose players generally like, but really brings nothing special.

Bowles is basically the mediocre guy who stuck around long enough to get his shot. Unfortunately, it's with the Jets. 

2 hours ago, Harlemnite1 said:

He shouldn't. What exactly has he done to warrant keeping him around? A bum team like the Cardinals ran all over his defense. His running game is nonexistent, his passing game looks helter skelter. Granted Decker is out but the play calling was awful. At the very least Kacy Rodgers needs to find the unemployment line.

I doubt they fire the guy in his second year, but I agree Rodgers needs to go, I didn't like the hire from the beginning. I believe he was the phins DC and they always underachieved. I'd be shocked if bowels is fired after this year.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Four games in a row terrible. But you give him the rest of the season. If he can't turn it around Woody will hire an established HC. 

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

A good org doesn't operate like this. You give the coach after a good season at least the full 16 game schedule to see what he can do. The disturbing thing is that the last 4 games we haven't been competitive. Not impossible that he can turn things around. If this continues all season then you might have a case. We've impetuously fired guys before notably Pete Carroll.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

A good org doesn't operate like this. You give the coach after a good season at least the full 16 game schedule to see what he can do. The disturbing thing is that the last 4 games we haven't been competitive. Not impossible that he can turn things around. If this continues all season than you might have a case. We've impetuously fired guys before notably Pete Carroll.

he won't be any better the rest of the season, so I'd like an offensive minded HC, preferably not another rookie HC.Bowles sucksand I have extreme reservations that he could ever be a good HC.  All the signs point to the opposite.  

On 10/11/2016 at 10:34 AM, JiF said:

They're going to win more than 3 games.

And even if they dont, Todd Bowles will be back next year with his boo Ryan Fitzpatrick as his QB.

Not a chance. I don't see the Jets winning more than four games. They will beat the Browns, Fins and 49ers and play a close loss to the Rams. Otherwise the Pats crush them twice, Buffalo makes the playoffs with a crushing 42-7 win in the last week. Miami will beat them once as will the Ravens. 4-12 or 3-13 and Todd Bowles will be a goner as will Chan Gailey. Mac needs to hire his own HC and rebuild, NOT try to remain competitive by keeping guys like Revis, Harris, Giacomini, Skrine who are "fill in" guys.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

Not a chance. I don't see the Jets winning more than four games. They will beat the Browns, Fins and 49ers and play a close loss to the Rams. Otherwise the Pats crush them twice, Buffalo makes the playoffs with a crushing 42-7 win in the last week. Miami will beat them once as will the Ravens. 4-12 or 3-13 and Todd Bowles will be a goner as will Chan Gailey. Mac needs to hire his own HC and rebuild, NOT try to remain competitive by keeping guys like Revis, Harris, Giacomini, Skrine who are "fill in" guys.

Yeah, that post was from last week.  It's hard to see 3 wins right now.  lol

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

he won't be any better the rest of the season, so I'd like an offensive minded HC, preferably not another rookie HC.Bowles sucksand I have extreme reservations that he could ever be a good HC.  All the signs point to the opposite.  

You're talking 4 bad games. Come on, man. You don't fire guys like that. BB was 5-11 his first season. But they did say during the game last night that Woody isn't very please at what's going on. 

6 hours ago, Powpow said:

Screw Idziot. Anyone dumb enough to draft Geno Smith should have been fired on the spot. 

Look people are going to start attacking Mac pretty soon, too. Right now all the heat is on Bowles but who hired Bowles. Plus the drafts esp the selection of Hack haven't hot been great under Mac. And his spending the entire cap on mostly Dbs who are under performing and giving Revis that kind of a ball breaking contract are going to bite him in the ass if the team keeps losing like this. I wouldn't fire him either. Mac deserves at least 3 years and probably so does Bowles (unless this gets totally out of hand). I look at this season as being similar in a way to 2014. Idzik made some moves and none of them worked out. He signed the best FA Qb at the time, Mike Vick who had played well in Philly the previous year until he got injured. You would think it would have worked out but it didn't. Vick and Geno played very poorly. You can go over many of his moves that season and they were not idiotic. Even signing Paterson after Vontae Davis and DRC signed with other teams. All I'm saying is that when things crash they can go down hard. Ask Andy Reid about his last year in Phlly. This could be one of those seasons for the Jets. IMO if you hire people you have to give them time to right the ship. Idzik was 8-8 his first year and nobody talked about firing him after 2013. Mac and Bowles were 10-6 their first year and this year when we thought we had a good team we right now are about the worst team in the NFL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/18/2016 at 3:21 PM, Rangers9 said:

Four games in a row terrible. But you give him the rest of the season. If he can't turn it around Woody will hire an established HC. 

Woody the clueless owner won't do a thing. We will have Bowles and his staff intact back next year. Opposing wide receivers will be running wild in our secondary, our offense will look dysfunctional and our extremely over drafted 2nd round QB will not see the field again next year. Rodgers and Gailey need at the bare minimum to be handed pink slips. I would prefer Macc fire the whole staff and hire his own coach. Otherwise he will be tied to Bowles and I think Macc is the GM we need.

On 10/18/2016 at 5:59 PM, Rangers9 said:

Look people are going to start attacking Mac pretty soon, too. Right now all the heat is on Bowles but who hired Bowles. Plus the drafts esp the selection of Hack haven't hot been great under Mac. And his spending the entire cap on mostly Dbs who are under performing and giving Revis that kind of a ball breaking contract are going to bite him in the ass if the team keeps losing like this. I wouldn't fire him either. Mac deserves at least 3 years and probably so does Bowles (unless this gets totally out of hand). I look at this season as being similar in a way to 2014. Idzik made some moves and none of them worked out. He signed the best FA Qb at the time, Mike Vick who had played well in Philly the previous year until he got injured. You would think it would have worked out but it didn't. Vick and Geno played very poorly. You can go over many of his moves that season and they were not idiotic. Even signing Paterson after Vontae Davis and DRC signed with other teams. All I'm saying is that when things crash they can go down hard. Ask Andy Reid about his last year in Phlly. This could be one of those seasons for the Jets. IMO if you hire people you have to give them time to right the ship. Idzik was 8-8 his first year and nobody talked about firing him after 2013. Mac and Bowles were 10-6 their first year and this year when we thought we had a good team we right now are about the worst team in the NFL.

Macc didn't hire Bowles, Woody did and forced Bowles on Macc. He's drafted better than any GM the Jets have had since Parcells. He whiffed on Hackenberg for sure but I think Burris, Jenkins, Peake,  Mauldin, Williams and his UDFA finds like Andersen, Marshall, Middleton will help this team. Nobody hits on all pick. I didn't like the Darron Lee pick from Day 1. We needed OL and not small, extremly light, tiny, out of position linebacker. I would stick with Macc and dump Bowles

2 hours ago, Harlemnite1 said:

Macc didn't hire Bowles, Woody did and forced Bowles on Macc. He's drafted better than any GM the Jets have had since Parcells. He whiffed on Hackenberg for sure but I think Burris, Jenkins, Peake,  Mauldin, Williams and his UDFA finds like Andersen, Marshall, Middleton will help this team. Nobody hits on all pick. I didn't like the Darron Lee pick from Day 1. We needed OL and not small, extremly light, tiny, out of position linebacker. I would stick with Macc and dump Bowles

How do you know he whiffed on Hackenberg as he hasn't even played yet? The kid is only 21 years old. I'm glad Bowles is starting Fitz against the Bills as I believe we have to give Hackenberg every chance to succeed.  This team is so banged up and bad, lets Fitz mop up and work with Hackenberg in the off season so he may be ready to challenge for the job in 2017. 

Archived