If We Finish As I predict, Bowles Will Be Fired

Ken Schroy

Toilet is not getting fired, unless they finish 1-15. This team will end up with 6-7 wins and they will give Toilet one more year to get his act together. Team won't be fun for me to watch for me until fitz is on the bench. Hope the nice weather holds up so I can play a little more golf on a Sundays before it snows here, because fitz won't be benched until jets are officially eliminated from playoffs. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Toilet is not getting fired, unless they finish 1-15. This team will end up with 6-7 wins and they will give Toilet one more year to get his act together. Team won't be fun for me to watch for me until fitz is on the bench. Hope the nice weather holds up so I can play a little more golf on a Sundays before it snows here, because fitz won't be benched until jets are officially eliminated from playoffs. 

If the Jets get 6-7 wins in total that means they basically finish out the rest of the season around .500, which should be good enough to prevent a complete insurrection.

I support giving Bowles time for a bunch of reasons-he was not given a good 2016 roster, the schedule was brutal, and Woody again saved by hiring a first time head coach, and in doing so there are growing pains.

But sometimes you have to cut your losses-so if the team quits on him, or if there are more completely boneheaded coaching moves, or if the team continues to be unprepared, Bowles should be fired.  Those are fair intermediate steps to developing a head coach.  Bowles is a good man, but his back is against the wall.  If I am MacC, he needs to do those things to keep his job.

Then we can talk about what MacC needs to do to keep his job.

Just now, varjet said:

If the Jets get 6-7 wins in total that means they basically finish out the rest of the season around .500, which should be good enough to prevent a complete insurrection.

I support giving Bowles time for a bunch of reasons-he was not given a good 2016 roster, the schedule was brutal, and Woody again saved by hiring a first time head coach, and in doing so there are growing pains.

But sometimes you have to cut your losses-so if the team quits on him, or if there are more completely boneheaded coaching moves, or if the team continues to be unprepared, Bowles should be fired.  Those are fair intermediate steps to developing a head coach.  Bowles is a good man, but his back is against the wall.  If I am MacC, he needs to do those things to keep his job.

Then we can talk about what MacC needs to do to keep his job.

mccags needs to develop at least 1 competent qb.  that's it, for this franchise.  he'd be the first in, oh, i don't know, 50 years to do it.  he's not going to let an incompetent coaching staff ruin his plan.  

1 hour ago, Ken Shroy said:

Jets @ Cards  Loss

Jets vs Ravens  Loss 

Jets @ Browns  Win  If the Browns don't have a QB, we win, if they do.....

Jets @ Fins  Loss

Jets vs Rams  Win  Close one but we win, maybe

Jets vs Pats  Loss

Jets vs Colts Loss

Jets @ 49ers  Loss

Jets vs Fins  Loss  Close game but we lose

Jets @ Pats  Loss

Jets vs Bills  Loss    Idiot Rex could be trying for a Wildcard spot and we will lay down like dogs regardless

So I am predicting 3-13. I don't think Bowles will survive this. Get him out and hire an EXPERIENCED OFFENSIVE MINDED COACH.

wins the stupedist post I see on this board. If you think we are losing twice to the Fins I got a bridge to sell you. The colts? The 49ers? Just stop please, you sound silly.

wins the stupedist post I see on this board. If you think we are losing twice to the Fins I got a bridge to sell you. The colts? The 49ers? Just stop please, you sound silly.

Do you watch the games with your eyes closed?

The Jets are a bottom 5 team.

They will be lucky to split with the Phins and will get absolutely smoked by the Colts and 49ers.

Open your eyes and put down the green kool aid.

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you watch the games with your eyes closed?

The Jets are a bottom 5 team.

They will be lucky to split with the Phins and will get absolutely smoked by the Colts and 49ers.

Open your eyes and put down the green kool aid.

OK, lets see the results of this game. Be prepared to eat crow troll

Jets @ Cards  Loss

Jets vs Ravens  Loss 

Jets @ Browns  Win  If the Browns don't have a QB, we win, if they do.....

Jets @ Fins  Loss

Jets vs Rams  Win  Close one but we win, maybe

Jets vs Pats  Loss

Jets vs Colts Loss

Jets @ 49ers  Loss

Jets vs Fins  Loss  Close game but we lose

Jets @ Pats  Loss

Jets vs Bills  Loss    Idiot Rex could be trying for a Wildcard spot and we will lay down like dogs regardless

So I am predicting 3-13. I don't think Bowles will survive this. Get him out and hire an EXPERIENCED OFFENSIVE MINDED COACH.

Who

If we go 3-13, and Bowles is fired, I'd have a difficult time arguing the firing wasn't warranted tbh.

This is a much better than 3-13 talent roster.  

And we appear, thus far, to be one of the poorest coached, poorest motivated, poorest executing teams of the 2016 season.

That responsibility falls on Bowles & Chan, frankly.

I'd be thrilled if we went 3-13. Would finally give us the chance to draft a franchise QB.

I think Bowles will probably be safe regardless though. Firing a coach after two years isn't like Woody (and paying a coach for two years of nothing is even less like him.)

As bad as the team has looked I think your estimates are overly pessimistic though. We have played a pretty tough schedule -- I think there are some wins on the remaining schedule. It'd estimate 6-10 and a d-lineman with the 11th pick in the draft.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Disagree Bowles had 2 years and did nothing. 

Other than a Super Bowl win in 1969 we are the Cleveland Browns 

Next man up. 

The guy went 10-6 last year. Stop with over reactions, firing him this year would be a knee jerk sign of a dysfunctional organization.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

The guy went 10-6 last year. Stop with over reactions, firing him this year would be a knee jerk sign of a dysfunctional organization.

Everyone knows we had the easiest schedule in the NFL STOP acting like it was a great accomplishment we beat 2 teams with winning records. 

We are the NY Jets 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

That's true. They also have the hardest start of schedule this year. So should we judge him for that too?

Yes and so far we are failing just like last season with the easiest schedule we failed to make the playoffs. Failure all around from Bowles and Co.

He seems to have all the Rex traits (poor clock management, zero adjustments, no feel for the game, under prepared, player(s) not giving a sh*t) Also a new one cowardice.

What happened to play the game to Win, it's now play the game to lose! There also seems to be a lack of accountability. He's Rex without any good points, the thing that may save him later is the easier schedule, and Playing Petty/Hack in garbage time of the season, and they show something.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes and so far we are failing just like last season with the easiest schedule we failed to make the playoffs. Failure all around from Bowles and Co.

Last year wasn't a failure. Sorry. Going from 4-12 to 10-6 is not a failure. 

If not making the playoffs is a failure, that means 66% of the NFL fails

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It's week 6. Bowles is not getting fired after this season. Woody would not do that. Lets see how many W's we end up with but if its around 7-8 like most predict, then NO a guy who goes 10-6 and 8-8 is not getting canned. Heck he can go 5-11 and still won't get canned so stop with your dramatics. The girls tea party is at another forum.

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He seems to have all the Rex traits (poor clock management, zero adjustments, no feel for the game, under prepared, player(s) not giving a sh*t) Also a new one cowardice.

What happened to play the game to Win, it's now play the game to lose! There also seems to be a lack of accountability. He's Rex without any good points, the thing that may save him later is the easier schedule, and Playing Petty/Hack in garbage time of the season, and they show something.

he obviously loves his new punter and that's why they punted.

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

It's week 6. Bowles is not getting fired after this season. Woody would not do that. Lets see how many W's we end up with but if its around 7-8 like most predict, then NO a guy who goes 10-6 and 8-8 is not getting canned. Heck he can go 5-11 and still won't get canned so stop with your dramatics. The girls tea party is at another forum.

Sorry I expect better results and a better prepared team afterall this is the NFL leave your excuses at the door. 

I dont settle for almost there or half good. 

Enjoy the tea make sure it isn't too hot for you. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

We beat 2 teams with winning records last season the Patriots had a lot of players out injured so lets not go raising a banner about that. 

We beat the Pats in a critical December game with Brady at the helm and jet fans cant even give the team credit for that. Such a Jets fan thing to do. Im done with this convo.............

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I hope he's not fired. And I think we'll win 8 games. I thought we could compete with better teams but so far we haven't. Maybe our personnel isn't that good. You can't keep firing people every other season. If so around the league our franchise is going to be known as a joke. I mean Belichick lost his first season with NEP. I guess some of you guys would have fired him, too. Give the guy at least a third season. The same reason I was against firing Idzik. After the team was 8-8 his first year. Things happen that result in bad seasons. You have to give GMs and Hcs at least a fair chance to right the ship. 

You were against firing Idzik?!?!  How do you feel about that sentiment now?

The guy drafted basically nothing but crap with two decent, but not great, players.

Bowles' decision to punt, the performance of the secondary (his specialty), and the "going through the motions" vibe of this team are enough for me to fire him.

I don't see the wins. Show me where?

I'm with you. We go into each game with the same game plan (or lack thereof) regardless of who we are playing. I see 1-15 or at best 2-14 at this point. We never beat the Ravens, chalk up 2 easy wins for NE against us, maybe we are lucky to split with Mia, Cle almost beat Mia in Mia so they will be competitive and probably get their first win against us, so who else is this wreck beating? The Rams have an excellent defense so we will score our usual 3 points against a top defense, Indy? Maybe we win that one, but if Luck is on his game we are toast he will pick or tertiary apart. No way we sweep Rex, but I would take 2-14 if both wins came against him and ruined his season. 

I just do not see who we are beating either.

45 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You are a fool if you see this team winning on the road against an team other than the browns. The fins, who do suck played Seattle on the road better than we did at home. The Colts have a guy named Luck. You are blind and silly.

Archived