If We Finish As I predict, Bowles Will Be Fired

Ken Schroy

42 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you watch the games with your eyes closed?

The Jets are a bottom 5 team.

They will be lucky to split with the Phins and will get absolutely smoked by the Colts and 49ers.

Open your eyes and put down the green kool aid.

Why do I have to agree with this guy. But for once you are correct. These people say we suck and see 6 wins? Spare me.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If we go 3-13, and Bowles is fired, I'd have a difficult time arguing the firing wasn't warranted tbh.

This is a much better than 3-13 talent roster.  

And we appear, thus far, to be one of the poorest coached, poorest motivated, poorest executing teams of the 2016 season.

That responsibility falls on Bowles & Chan, frankly.

I completely agree. I stand by my prediction.

24 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Neither team has played in the Super Bowl since the NFL-AFL merger.

So what?  We played and won the most significant SB, the one that forced the merger.  It's still a SB that they don't have.  Only an idiot would attempt to argue that it was meaningless because it was the year of the merger.  Or a loser troll

27 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

It's week 6. Bowles is not getting fired after this season. Woody would not do that. Lets see how many W's we end up with but if its around 7-8 like most predict, then NO a guy who goes 10-6 and 8-8 is not getting canned. Heck he can go 5-11 and still won't get canned so stop with your dramatics. The girls tea party is at another forum.

I hear there is a rose colored glasses forum too. Are you running that 1 too?

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I hope he's not fired. And I think we'll win 8 games. I thought we could compete with better teams but so far we haven't. Maybe our personnel isn't that good. You can't keep firing people every other season. If so around the league our franchise is going to be known as a joke. I mean Belichick lost his first season with NEP. I guess some of you guys would have fired him, too. Give the guy at least a third season. The same reason I was against firing Idzik. After the team was 8-8 his first year. Things happen that result in bad seasons. You have to give GMs and Hcs at least a fair chance to right the ship. 

This is advocating burying your head in the sand and hoping for the best. You can't give somebody carte blanche for three years to do what they want and then see what shakes out. I agree coaches and GMs need time to get situated and start moving forward on what is typically not a one season turn around. I also agree that some amount of mistakes will be made, especially with new coaches, and must be tolerated. However, when progress is made year one and regression occurs year two you have to look at why regression happened and make decisions accordingly. 

I am not so knee-jerk that I want him gone today but the ice gets thinner every week he continues down the same path of poor game planning, poor performance and poor in-game decision-making.

1 hour ago, Ken Shroy said:

Nope. You are not beating anyone on the road except the Browns.  Fins and Colt are better. I already had us beating the Rams. Reading the post would help.

You asked to see the wins.  You didnt ask for wins different than the wins you picked.

You wanted WINS!  I GAVE YOU WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not start this thread to annoy anyone. I am very frustrated, as I'm sure others are.  I have been watching the Jets since 69. I lived through some lousy years. I remember Lou Holtz quitting during the season. I can remember when Richard Todd was called wretched Todd, Lam Jones was lame Jones, etc. Rich Kotex saying I'm not a genius. Also the Bruce Coslet years. Rex was ok for 2 years. The last time I saw a decent team was under Parcells.

I'm just sick of this same old sh*t on the field. I do think that Bowles is in over his head and the team is underperforming.

It's not just losing that pisses me off. It's how we lose. the TE has nobody within 10 yards of him at the Goal Line? I can't stand seeing another team score like that. I've always felt, hey "Make them earn it". Not the NY Jets.

This is NOT going to get fixed in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

You asked to see the wins.  You didnt ask for wins different than the wins you picked.

You wanted WINS!  I GAVE YOU WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you said "we will win more than 3 games". So 1 would expect you to show where the additional wins are, beyond my 3. Not the ones I already showed us getting, like the Rams. Get it Jiffy?

Whatever.

10 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Well you said "we will win more than 3 games". So 1 would expect you to show where the additional wins are, beyond my 3. Not the ones I already showed us getting, like the Rams. Get it Jiffy?

Whatever.

Ken.  I love you.

So what?  We played and won the most significant SB, the one that forced the merger.  It's still a SB that they don't have.  Only an idiot would attempt to argue that it was meaningless because it was the year of the merger.  Or a loser troll

The merger was a done deal before the Jets beat the Colts.

That win had absolutely nothing to do with the merger.

But if it makes you feel better.

14 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Whatever.

I struggle looking for 3-4 more wins as well.

28 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

This is advocating burying your head in the sand and hoping for the best. You can't give somebody carte blanche for three years to do what they want and then see what shakes out. I agree coaches and GMs need time to get situated and start moving forward on what is typically not a one season turn around. I also agree that some amount of mistakes will be made, especially with new coaches, and must be tolerated. However, when progress is made year one and regression occurs year two you have to look at why regression happened and make decisions accordingly. 

I am not so knee-jerk that I want him gone today but the ice gets thinner every week he continues down the same path of poor game planning, poor performance and poor in-game decision-making.

Nobody was complaining about him that much last year. And saying he was an incompetent fool. The fact is he has like 20 years coaching experience was a DC with Arizona and was highly regarded in the NFL. A bad three game stretch and he's made what to me looks like a few mistakes in strategy. But it's debatable there was about 7:30 left in that game and only losing by 11. And the D had made some stops. They weren't terrible on every drive. When a team trails the way the Jets have the past three weeks they can look very bad in the 4th quarter. They have to play a different kind of a game and to get back in a game sometimes they look bad. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Nobody was complaining about him that much last year. And saying he was an incompetent fool. The fact is he has like 20 years coaching experience was a DC with Arizona and was highly regarded in the NFL. A bad three game stretch and he's made what to me looks like a few mistakes in strategy. But it's debatable there was about 7:30 left in that game and only losing by 11. And the D had made some stops. They weren't terrible on every drive. When a team trails the way the Jets have the past three weeks they can look very bad in the 4th quarter. They have to play a different kind of a game and to get back in a game sometimes they look bad. 

There were a number of problems raised last year with the coaching but I would generally agree things were not as bad as they are this year, which is why I said the front office has to look at the reason for regression not just give him a pass on year two.

3 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Jets @ Cards  Loss

Jets vs Ravens  Loss 

Jets @ Browns  Win  If the Browns don't have a QB, we win, if they do.....

Jets @ Fins  Loss

Jets vs Rams  Win  Close one but we win, maybe

Jets vs Pats  Loss

Jets vs Colts Loss

Jets @ 49ers  Loss

Jets vs Fins  Loss  Close game but we lose

Jets @ Pats  Loss

Jets vs Bills  Loss    Idiot Rex could be trying for a Wildcard spot and we will lay down like dogs regardless

So I am predicting 3-13. I don't think Bowles will survive this. Get him out and hire an EXPERIENCED OFFENSIVE MINDED COACH.

If they win 3 games, he might get fired. I don't see that happening though. The schedule gets easier. I think they are going to win on Monday night. I think they will go into the Buffalo games with 7 wins.

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If they win 3 games, he might get fired. I don't see that happening though. The schedule gets easier. I think they are going to win on Monday night. I think they will go into the Buffalo games with 7 wins.

the problem for him is they could well lose the next 2 games and at 1-6 any coach save belichick is officially on the hotseat.  he does not have the resume to save him beyond a certain point and can't point to the schedule as to why they're losing b/c that would similarly undermine his 10 win season.

21 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

There were a number of problems raised last year with the coaching but I would generally agree things were not as bad as they are this year, which is why I said the front office has to look at the reason for regression not just give him a pass on year two.

The main complaints were from the Geno fans. You know: Geno;'s getting screwed, Bowles plays favorites, which is a bunch on nonsense. Geno took himself out of a Qb competition and the other guy started winning games. As simple as that. Sure a rookie HC is going to give you a few head scratchers. Some of us are Mets fans and watch a hundred or more games a year and think we know more than the manager. Believe me we don't but as fans with some knowledge of the game we can have fun and have an opinion. But to start this firing cycle again is insane. The Jets committed to Bowles and Mac and let's give both of them at least three seasons. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The main complaints were from the Geno fans. You know: Geno;'s getting screwed, Bowles plays favorites, which is a bunch on nonsense. Geno took himself out of a Qb competition and the other guy started winning games. As simple as that. Sure a rookie HC is going to give you a few head scratchers. Some of us are Mets fans and watch a hundred or more games a year and think we know more than the manager. Believe me we don't but as fans with some knowledge of the game we can have fun and have an opinion. But to start this firing cycle again is insane. The Jets committed to Bowles and Mac and let's give both of them at least three seasons. 

Can you explain the Jeremy Kerley situation it seems he is playing quite well in San Fran yet couldn't get on the field here. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Ken Shroy said:

You are a fool if you see this team winning on the road against an team other than the browns. The fins, who do suck played Seattle on the road better than we did at home. The Colts have a guy named Luck. You are blind and silly.

I know that guy Luck, I was at the game last year when they beat Luck in Indy. Lucks O line blows and we will sack him 5-8 times. Its laughable you think we will lose to the Dolphins and 49ers. You did zero actual analysis and speaking out of pure emotion and anger. I got it im mad to but the reality this team is NOT going to finish 3-13 against this schedule. If they do I will quit this board and you will never hear from me again.

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't know Phil. I think they get hammered on MNF.

We're definitely winning more than 3 games

Browns game is a W

9ers game is a W

Plus we're going to split with the Fins at the very least. Possibly beat the Rams. Possibly beat the Bills again. Maybe even he Cardinals depending on if we get them on a good night

6-10 most likely

Im getting more worried by the day about Bowles. This Costello quote on the radio about him being more hands off with the offense is the worst of it. No adjustments based on opponent is equally concerning. I really thought Bowles was the opposite. 

This team is much more talented than any Jets team with a losing record, in their history. I hope he turns it around but is definitely in line to get fired if this team finishes sub .500 this year.

46 minutes ago, King P said:

We're definitely winning more than 3 games

Browns game is a W

9ers game is a W

Plus we're going to split with the Fins at the very least. Possibly beat the Rams. Possibly beat the Bills again. Maybe even he Cardinals depending on if we get them on a good night

6-10 most likely

I had us winning in Cleveland.

We never play well on the West coast.    Loss

Fins are better. 2 losses

I had us beating the Rams. Win

If the Bills are competing for a Wildcard spot, we will lose. Loss

Archived