If We Finish As I predict, Bowles Will Be Fired

Ken Schroy

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

LOL.  Yea the 51st pick in the draft was only active one game and that was due to catastrophic injuries to two other QBs.  Let's just admit, when your team sucks at the position and has no future what so ever at the position, you cannot afford to use a premium draft pick on a guy that is two years away from MAYBE being a back up.  This is the type of risk you take when you have a franchise QB already winning games for you.

Lets add that a rookie is in line to take his team to the SB.  So the joke is really on all the Jets fans that are incredibly impatient with the HC but patient enough to wait four years to call a bust a bust.

He wasn't supposed to be active at all. That was the plan. So, him dressing for one game isn't surprising.

Not sure what rookie is going to the SB, but most of the teams out there are better than the Jets. We aren't in a position to go to SB? So, since the Jets suck but drafted 20 they should not roll the dice on a QB? What's your point? So, only great teams can roll the dice? What guaranteed QB did we pass on? What does a team that is picking 20 do?

Do you know how I feel about the HC? No, so the joke is on the Jets fans as the team isn't very good. We have fans saying that Geno hasn't gotten a fair chance, but Petty and Hack are already a bust. But, go on judge me, Hack, whatever.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOT TRYING TO STATEE A POLITICAL OPINION, JUST A POLITICS_RELATED FACT:

Francesa hit it on the head a couple weeks ago.  Woody won his Super Bowl with Trump getting elected.  He doesn't care.  He was probably laughing with Pence at the owner's box while the Colts were embarassing this abysmal Bowles-coached defense.

So kid yourselves.  This franchise is going nowhere with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Just now, thadude said:

Francesa hit it on the head a couple weeks ago.  Woody won his Super Bowl with Trump getting elected.  He doesn't care.  He was probably laughing with Pence at the owner's box while the Colts were embarassing this abysmal Bowles-coached defense.

So kid yourselves.  This franchise is going nowhere with Woody Johnson as the owner.

I don't believe that for a second. 

I asked Brian Tierney of CBS about why Woody is so inept in keeping Bowles.

- His response:

- Woody has zero NFL ties around the league, helping him with decision making. 

- He spends money, but knows nothing about football.

It appears like the Jets are going QB in 2018 unless I suitable FREE AGENT isn't acquired to keep the STH's happy

1 minute ago, thadude said:

You would think this is bound to happen one day BUT how long will the fan base continue to suffer until Woody sells?

Thank the Lord the Season is over.

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Rex was afforded 4 ridiculously bad seasons. Bowles was never getting fired after 1.

This is a reach. We wen't 8-8 two of the seasons I believe, and one of them (2013) the teams talent was terrible and we somehow won 8 games.

Rex had 1-2 bad seasons and 2 AFC title games with 2 average seasons. 

I don't mind firing Rex. My issue was hiring someone who is essentially the same coach, except a mute. 3-4 defensive minded guys that blitz heavy and don't care about the O.

8 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

You would think this is bound to happen one day BUT how long will the fan base continue to suffer until Woody sells?

Thank the Lord the Season is over.

We are not making the playoffs until Woody sells the team.

He inherited Parcells draft of 2000 so that led to a couple playoff appearances.  Rex got really hot as a defensive playcaller for a couple years.  There is literally no evidence Woody is going to get us out of this hole.  He is an idiot.  He does not care.  

8 minutes ago, Mecca said:

This is a reach. We wen't 8-8 two of the seasons I believe, and one of them (2013) the teams talent was terrible and we somehow won 8 games.

Rex had 1-2 bad seasons and 2 AFC title games with 2 average seasons. 

I don't mind firing Rex. My issue was hiring someone who is essentially the same coach, except a mute. 3-4 defensive minded guys that blitz heavy and don't care about the O.

Very good post.

Rex had zero talent in 2013.  Probably deserved to get coach of the year for even getting to .500 with what was basically a CFL roster with a horrible qb.

11 minutes ago, Mecca said:

- His response:

ALWAYS A FAN OF BT

11 minutes ago, Mecca said:

- His response:

Woody is the worst owner I have ever had to deal with.  George in the 80's was considered a bad owner, so bad that Fay Vincent banned him from baseball, but he always wanted to win.  Dolan is a very stupid owner but he wants to win.

Woody Johnson is a very toxic combination now.  He is both stupid and unmotivated.

34 minutes ago, thadude said:

Woody is the worst owner I have ever had to deal with.  George in the 80's was considered a bad owner, so bad that Fay Vincent banned him from baseball, but he always wanted to win.  Dolan is a very stupid owner but he wants to win.

Woody Johnson is a very toxic combination now.  He is both stupid and unmotivated.

Idk.. Jimmy Dolan of the Knicks is just as bad. Thank God I'm a Knicks fan. Ha.

10 hours ago, Pcola said:

You may be overrating Macc a bit.  Yes, he and his staff uncovered a couple of gems in Peake, J. Marshall, and Anderson.  They will solidify the back end depth at WR. 

But it looks like he completely missed on D. Smith and Mauldin.  Lee and Jenkins hopefully will improve but Hack is a disaster.

On our big free agent splurge two years ago: Revis and Gilchrist are likely gone and Skrine will only stay because most of his salary next season is guaranteed.  On his high risk/high reward signings have all been failures (Clady and Henderson).

I haven't given up but between Macc and his previous bosses in Houston, neither knows sh*t about drafting and developing a QB.  And neither has shown any competency as to signing a free agent QB either.

I get what you are saying but once again GM's do not develop QB's. Macc had Bowles fored on him. No way he would pick Bowles to coach the Jets. As far as getting talent on the team when has the Jets gotten production from this many UDFA before? I'm not talking about just making the team and running down on special teams but actually playing big minutes. Maudlin is not a miss he started his rookie year and this year. His lack of production is tied to the entire defense that looked dead. That's on Bowles and Rodgers. Rodgers needs to lose his job immediately if Bowles is staying. The free agents is always tough. The Jets had a lt of money and by law they have to use it up, can't carry it over till they get a year they actually want to use it. Last year same guys except Cromartie. The seconary played well. So what's the common denominator? Rodgers and moving Skrine to CB instead of the slot. he is not a starting caliber CB.

Archived