Jump to content

Todd Bowles Will Trick Jets Fans and Be Back in 2017


Jack Straw
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I hate Fitzpatrick, but sticking with him last year was the right move.  There were no complaints from anyone knowledgeable about rolling with a guy who was having the best season of a Jets QB ever.

This year it's different, but I've already stated a million times why I believe he hasn't changed the QB yet.

There were than enough complaints...

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Fair enough.  Always fine with agreeing to disagree.  I think you know me enough to know how much I wanted to see Fitz benched last year at times.  Just got to a point where I accepted that it wasn't happening and couldn't complain much because they were winning and he was on fire.  My personal opinion may have differed from the general consensus, but I understand why they stood with Fitzpatrick and can't find much fault with it....for last year at least.

All that being said, If I don't see any Petty this year and we're still a trainwreck by seasons end, I may start going off on people.

And I'd like to see Petty play well. I just don't put too many eggs in the 'preseason attempts against 3rd team Ds' basket. Fitz serves no purpose at all at QB and a switch is necessary. Not like he's kept us competitive. We've been blown away rather easily. Why not Geno? He outplayed the Beard last off season AND this off season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

So in other words he is going to pull a Rex on us?  We are used to it and expect it.  We can no longer be fooled!  The pig may not be ripe for the slaughter....just yet.

Yeah, not quite. Rex built his tenure on the back of two deep playoff runs where we were pretty close to reaching the SB both times. Bowles? Nothing. 10 wins against a bunch of mediocre to crappy teams and a win against the Pats. He lost 6 games to teams that had a pulse, essentially. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, j4jets said:

There were than enough complaints...

And I'd like to see Petty play well. I just don't put too many eggs in the 'preseason attempts against 3rd team Ds' basket. Fitz serves no purpose at all at QB and a switch is necessary. Not like he's kept us competitive. We've been blown away rather easily. Why not Geno? He outplayed the Beard last off season AND this off season. 

There were almost none by anyone worth talking to going into week 17.  Mike and I were talking about throughout the course of the season, not after the debacle in Buffalo.  

Geno did everything to get himself cut this offseason with his play.  He's lucky Petty got injured because he earned the regular season looks if there are going to be any.  You and I must have been watching a different guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mogglez said:

There were almost none by anyone worth talking to going into week 17. 

Geno did everything to get himself cut this offseason with his play.  He's lucky Petty got injured.  You and I must have been watching a different guy.

Yeah, strongly disagree. Maybe you're mixing him up with Petty, who had a petty off season outside of 4-5 good passes against construction workers. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Yeah, strongly disagree. Maybe you're mixing him up with Petty, who had a petty off season outside of 4-5 good passes against construction workers. 

Petty was one of the best Quarterbacks in the entire pre-season, what the f*ck are you talking about?  Aside from 2 bad weeks of TC he was much improved from last year.  Geno on the other hand was absolutely horrendous the whole way through.

Strongly disagree all you want, it doesnt change reality and there isn't a soul on this planet that will agree with you.  The evidence clearly backs up what I'm saying.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were almost none by anyone worth talking to going into week 17.  Mike and I were talking about throughout the course of the season, not after the debacle in Buffalo.  
Geno did everything to get himself cut this offseason with his play.  He's lucky Petty got injured because he earned the regular season looks if there are going to be any.  You and I must have been watching a different guy.


I feel like the even-keel fans were cautiously pessimistic for much of 2015, except the last few weeks when I think everyone jumped on for ride with playoff hopes within reach (ironically only to be crushed vs Buf)

My problem isn't being a Geno loyalist, it's that Petty has shown next to nothing outside of a handful of throws in 2 preseason games... it's becoming noticeably obvious that Jet fans have overtly glazed over just how bad Petty's training camp was..

It was terrible. Petty was nearly as inaccurate in practice as Hackenberg. To hang any future hopes on 5 preseason throws is insane...

Now -- we're one loss away from moving on to 2017 -- in which case, we ought to have a look at this Jets Tiger Beat superstar. If we were still in the playoff hunt however, I would 100% call Geno's name regardless of how much an idiot he was. Being as that's a pipedream tho, time to turn the page on Fitz and Geno


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

 


I feel like the even-keel fans were cautiously pessimistic for much of 2015, except the last few weeks when I think everyone jumped on for ride with playoff hopes within reach (ironically only to be crushed vs Buf)

My problem isn't being a Geno loyalist, it's that Petty has shown next to nothing outside of a handful of throws in 2 preseason games... it's becoming noticeably obvious that Jet fans have overtly glazed over just how bad Petty's training camp was..

It was terrible. Petty was nearly as inaccurate in practice as Hackenberg. To hang any future hopes on 5 preseason throws is insane...

Now -- we're one loss away from moving on to 2017 -- in which case, we ought to have a look at this Jets Tiger Beat superstar. If we were still in the playoff hunt however, I would 100% call Geno's name regardless of how much an idiot he was. Being as that's a pipedream tho, time to turn the page on Fitz and Geno


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Petty does have a far road ahead of him.. Mac and Bowles understand this.. Petty is not going to be called on if fitz has another meltdown..No question it's going to be geno..Some fans are just idiots.. And just hate geno for obvious reasons..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Paradis said:

 


I feel like the even-keel fans were cautiously pessimistic for much of 2015, except the last few weeks when I think everyone jumped on for ride with playoff hopes within reach (ironically only to be crushed vs Buf)

My problem isn't being a Geno loyalist, it's that Petty has shown next to nothing outside of a handful of throws in 2 preseason games... it's becoming noticeably obvious that Jet fans have overtly glazed over just how bad Petty's training camp was..

It was terrible. Petty was nearly as inaccurate in practice as Hackenberg. To hang any future hopes on 5 preseason throws is insane...

Now -- we're one loss away from moving on to 2017 -- in which case, we ought to have a look at this Jets Tiger Beat superstar. If we were still in the playoff hunt however, I would 100% call Geno's name regardless of how much an idiot he was. Being as that's a pipedream tho, time to turn the page on Fitz and Geno


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

But that's really my point.  There is no future for Geno here.  Unlike the guy above me who wants to call me and others idiots (@ me next time you gaping butthole cuz I know you're gonna see this) for basically saying the same thing as you, I realize this and that's basically the only reason I want to see if those preseason throws actually meant anything.  I may disagree a tad with how bad his offseason was, but that's also because Geno didn't do anything to warrant a spot at all either.  Hell, he didn't have any throws worth it in my eyes, let alone a handful.

So again, Petty will be here next year.  Geno won't.  If playoffs are out of the picture, why waste the time on a known thing?  Sh*t play Hack for all I care to see if he's learned anything, but don't waste pretty valuable reps on a guy who is a couple of weeks away from flipping burgers.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

But that's really my point.  There is no future for Geno here.  Unlike the guy above me who wants to call me and others idiots (@ me next time you gaping butthole cuz I know you're gonna see this) for basically saying the same thing as you, I realize this and that's basically the only reason I want to see if those preseason throws actually meant anything.

So again, Petty will be here next year.  Geno won't.  If playoffs are out of the picture, why waste the time on a known thing?  Sh*t play Hack for all I care to see if he's learned anything, but don't waste pretty valuable reps on a guy who is a couple of weeks from flipping burgers.

No QB has a future here unless they are a franchise QB many have tried many have failed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No QB has a future here unless they are a franchise QB many have tried many have failed. 

Hack and Petty haven't technically "tried" yet.  That's what I'm saying.  Geno got his chance.  He has no one to blame but himself for blowing it.  Give the other young guns their chance.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Petty does have a far road ahead of him.. Mac and Bowles understand this.. Petty is not going to be called on if fitz has another meltdown..No question it's going to be geno..Some fans are just idiots.. And just hate geno for obvious reasons..

Oh this is f*cking rich.  What might those obvious reasons be, hmmmm?

Can't be that he's looked like a flaming bag of dog sh*t for most of his career right?  I have a sneaky feeling what type of bullsh*t you're going to spew but I wanna hear it from the horses mouth.  Come on; tell us why you think these fans dislike Geno.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Not true.  Macc maybe, but not Bowles.  There were some doubting his ability due in large part to rolling with Fitz all season.

We figured the wins vs crap teams were misleading.

BS.  Why one or two who would bitch about a Parcells or Shula too? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

Todd Haley couldn't run away fast enough the last time he was approached about joining the Jets . Maybe it was as coordinator though. Perhaps a HC offer might be different 

 

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Was OC. We hired MM over him. I don't even think we offered him anything.

 

2 hours ago, King P said:

No, we hired Tony Sparano over him. We still interviewed Haley after hiring Sparano to see if he'd be willing to be Co-OC with Sparano.

No it was sparano as the ground game OC and Haley as the passing game OC.  So yes co-coordinators.  Another brilliant idea by Rex

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Normally, I would agree that to fire a HC after 2 seasons is not conducive to building a winning organization, however, you have to admit there are some really worrying signs with this CS that point towards the inability to win games in the NFL. Even last season, I recall questioning the CS ability to adjust to game situational issues. This season, the team has looked largely unprepared, uninspired and gets beaten up every week by superior teams. They have not even been competitive in most of these games.

Deep inside your hearts, do you guys really think this CS can turn this team around? Sad to say, I do not.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Petty was one of the best Quarterbacks in the entire pre-season, what the f*ck are you talking about?  Aside from 2 bad weeks of TC he was much improved from last year.  Geno on the other hand was absolutely horrendous the whole way through.

Strongly disagree all you want, it doesnt change reality and there isn't a soul on this planet that will agree with you.  The evidence clearly backs up what I'm saying.

Yeah, you have no idea wtf you're talking about. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Yeah, you have no idea wtf you're talking about. 

Geno's pre-season (QBR 62.0):

TOTAL 3 0 17 32 53.1 140 4.4 1 1

Bryce's pre-season (QBR 95.9):

TOTAL 4 1 32 56 57.1 481 8.6 3 1

I mean that's just the pretty basic f*cking math, we're not even diving into the eye test.  The same eye test that showed that Geno should have thrown 3-4 more INTs but didn't because they were dropped.  The same eye test that showed him staring down his wide recievers.  The same eye test that showed him missing the right reads time after time.  All against the same level of competition, with years of experience on the other guys.

So no, YOU have no idea what you're talking about.  If you can't comprehend that Bryce outplayed Geno this pre-season with everything we saw and the numbers there to back it up, then it's astounding that you can even function without sh*tting all over yourself.  The only reason that moron is still on the roster is the fact that Bryce got hurt and the fact that Geno has experience sucking in real games too.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Geno's pre-season (QBR 62.0):

TOTAL 3 0 17 32 53.1 140 4.4 1 1

Bryce's pre-season (QBR 95.9):

TOTAL 4 1 32 56 57.1 481 8.6 3 1

I mean that's just the pretty basic f*cking math, we're not even diving into the eye test.  The same eye test that showed that Geno should have thrown 3-4 more INTs but didn't because they were dropped.  The same eye test that showed him staring down his wide recievers.  The same eye test that showed him missing the right reads time after time.  All against the same level of competition, with years of experience on the other guys.

So no, YOU have no idea what you're talking about.  If you can't comprehend that Bryce outplayed Geno this pre-season with everything we saw and the numbers there to back it up, then it's astounding that you can even function without sh*tting all over yourself.  The only reason that moron is still on the roster is the fact that Bryce got hurt and the fact that Geno has experience sucking in real games too.

Brett Ratliff says hi. Pre season hall of famer, never attempted an NFL pass. Eye test looks good when the defenders are a bunch of construction workers. 

So yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about. If makes you feel any better, all the Fitz fans are in the same boat. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Brett Ratliff says hi. Pre season hall of famer, never attempted an NFL pass. Eye test looks good when the defenders are a bunch of construction workers. 

So yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about. If makes you feel any better, all the Fitz fans are in the same boat. 

So then when Geno Smith sucks against the same EXACTLY level of competition, what should we should do what with that evidence? Hmmmmmmm 🙃🙃🙃??  Can't really look at his regular season numbers/body of work because that sucks too Einstein!

I f*cking hate Fitzpatrick.  How many of you Geno knob slobbers do I have to explain that to before it gets trapped in those hollow skulls of yours?  Only one here without a clue is you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Brett Ratliff says hi. Pre season hall of famer, never attempted an NFL pass. Eye test looks good when the defenders are a bunch of construction workers. 

So yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about. If makes you feel any better, all the Fitz fans are in the same boat. 

 

IMG_8562.JPG

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

 

 

No it was sparano as the ground game OC and Haley as the passing game OC.  So yes co-coordinators.  Another brilliant idea by Rex

Give credit where it's properly due. The idea was by Bill Parcells, and then the two coordinators themselves together, not Rex. #blamewhereitsdue

Tuna had Sparano as his running game OC and Haley as his passing game OC in Dallas some years earlier (incidentally, Bowles was on that same staff). The two were even supposedly trying to package themselves together for interviews. They are/we're close friends. This is before the Jets (Rex) even fired Schottenheimer. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Geno's pre-season (QBR 62.0):

TOTAL 3 0 17 32 53.1 140 4.4 1 1

Bryce's pre-season (QBR 95.9):

TOTAL 4 1 32 56 57.1 481 8.6 3 1

I mean that's just the pretty basic f*cking math, we're not even diving into the eye test.  The same eye test that showed that Geno should have thrown 3-4 more INTs but didn't because they were dropped.  The same eye test that showed him staring down his wide recievers.  The same eye test that showed him missing the right reads time after time.  All against the same level of competition, with years of experience on the other guys.

So no, YOU have no idea what you're talking about.  If you can't comprehend that Bryce outplayed Geno this pre-season with everything we saw and the numbers there to back it up, then it's astounding that you can even function without sh*tting all over yourself.  The only reason that moron is still on the roster is the fact that Bryce got hurt and the fact that Geno has experience sucking in real games too.

Well that's that

Game over!

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Give credit where it's properly due. The idea was by Bill Parcells, and then the two coordinators themselves together, not Rex. #blamewhereitsdue

Tuna had Sparano as his running game OC and Haley as his passing game OC in Dallas some years earlier (incidentally, Bowles was on that same staff). The two were even supposedly trying to package themselves together for interviews. They are/we're close friends. This is before the Jets (Rex) even fired Schottenheimer. 

Didn't realize that, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So then when Geno Smith sucks against the same EXACTLY level of competition, what should we should do what with that evidence? Hmmmmmmm 🙃🙃🙃??  Can't really look at his regular season numbers/body of work because that sucks too Einstein!

I f*cking hate Fitzpatrick.  How many of you Geno knob slobbers do I have to explain that to before it gets trapped in those hollow skulls of yours?  Only one here without a clue is you.

Like I said, you have no clue what you're talking about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Like I said, you have no clue what you're talking about. 

Trust me bud, I'm not really worried about what you think of my (and basically everyone else's) opinion on Geno, lmfao.  Your response did nothing but prove that knob slobbers don't have much going on up there, just like the guy they so desperately defend 🙃.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Like I said, you have no clue what you're talking about. 

How can you argue this?  Not who could be better, would play better in the regular season.  

No one who has ever watched football thinks Geno looked better than Petty this preseason.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How can you argue this?  Not who could be better, would play better in the regular season.  

No one who has ever watched football thinks Geno looked better than Petty this preseason.  

Remind me again why Brett Ratliff never played an NFL down being the best Preseason QB in the Jets history? 

Jets CS loved him so much that they had him practice with the 3rd team offense the entire year while their most hated QB of all time, Geno, practiced with the 1st n 2nds. 

Rocket science. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...