Todd Bowles Will Trick Jets Fans and Be Back in 2017

Jack Straw

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

So let me get this straight, you're hanging your hat on one Super Bowl game played 47 years ago????

And what good is a winning season if you don't make the playoffs?

In the last 5 years, all those teams have the same thing in common with the Jets; no playoff appearances at all.

And BTW, I think you are a good poster.

Well yes and no.  The Jets, at one point, did have the level of success needed to get the hardware, and they did.  That deserves praise, especially because they were huge underdogs.  I, unfortunately wasn't alive to see it in person but my dad and I have watched the game together plenty of times.  Phenomenal game if you appreciate the sport.  That being said, yeah, we're a little starved for another and I'm not excusing the guys who followed for not getting one.  Think of it this way; if you honestly asked the fanbases of Browns, Cardinals, Eagles, Titans, Lions, or any other team with no hardware to trade their history for 1 championship, even if it would be their only one for half a century, I truly think they would take it.  Hell, if something magical told me it would guarantee a championship next year, but it would 50 years before the next Jets SB afterwards, I'd take it lol.

Our drought has been a while, no denying it, but I think it's fair to say that despite no hardware to show for it we've had a much happier time as fans over the last decade compared to Browns or Lions fans.

Thank you for that TX.  Underneath you're ability to get under thin skin around here, I also know you know you're fair share of football.

RESPEKT. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

So let me get this straight, you're hanging your hat on one Super Bowl game played 47 years ago????

In the last 5 years, all those teams have the same thing in common with the Jets; no playoff appearances at all.

Shouldn't you be more concerned at where you will be watching this year's Pats vs. NFC Team Super Bowl?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, just wow. 

Ill bite, what college D are you talking about?  

The ones Petty faced. Chances are, most of the defenders he faced are already out of the league. Robbie Anderson looked like Jerry Rice against them. How has he been in the NFL?

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

The ones Petty faced. Chances are, most of the defenders he faced are already out of the league. Robbie Anderson looked like Jerry Rice against them. How has he been in the NFL?

College defense. 

Who were the all pro, NFL players Petty played with?  Who was in his OL?  WR? RB. 

Which NFL defensive stallworths did Geno go up against? 

People have to realize that playing great against 3rd stringers is really not a big deal. At this point, Petty has the worst bruise in NFL history

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

facepalm-gif-8.gif

Seriously, how the f can you keep responding like this.  What kind of fool argues this way, trying to make the point that first Petty didn't play better than Geno then makes excuses that Petty played against lesser competition as if Geno played against starters this preseason 

4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

People have to realize that playing great against 3rd stringers is really not a big deal. At this point, Petty has the worst bruise in NFL history

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There are some folks here that believe Petty overtook Geno For the #2 spot. If true, Petty wouldn't have started the 4th preseason game. And the CS would've had him play with the 2nd string O in practice. Some actually believe that the competition was similar when facing 2nd string or 3rd string. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Seriously, how the f can you keep responding like this.  What kind of fool argues this way 

I think I've been suggesting 'you need to stop arguing over this', just not directly. I've read your other posts and I'd rather agree to disagree. 

16 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

When compared to those other franchises, yes.

I have to wonder how realistic people are hoping for some savior HC like Gruden or Cowher.   Both were available the last HC search, and there was not a scintilla of evidence either were interested, not even getting to the money.  WHy?

Woody Johnson that's why.  The Jets will not get a really good HC as long as Woody is the owner.

13 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I have to wonder how realistic people are hoping for some savior HC like Gruden or Cowher.   Both were available the last HC search, and there was not a scintilla of evidence either were interested, not even getting to the money.  WHy?

Woody Johnson that's why.  The Jets will not get a really good HC as long as Woody is the owner.

I'm not going to defend Woody as a good owner but he had nothing to do with it. Both guys made it very clear at the time they were not interested in returning to coaching anywhere. We weren't the only team in need of a head coach at the time. 

Still better than never winning one.

Still better than a losing season.

Yup, such is life.  And?

18 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Jets coach Todd Bowles said he's getting more involved on both sides of the ball. Not a major role on offense, but it sounds like the losing streak has caused him to tweak the operation a bit.

traffic-light.jpg

27 minutes ago, The Green Dude said:

I love the Jets... but threads like this is embarrassing to be a Jets fan. RELAX... Todd Bowels will be fine. The LACK of continuity is this franchises biggest downfall. Alot of tough breaks then 2 games where QB play cost us the game...RELAX

Did the QB go rogue and punt the ball on fourth and two, or was that Todd Bowles? Did the QB decide not to go for two against Buffalo?

We all know Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks and will make vomit-inducing mistakes because that's who he is; but don't forget that it's Bowles decision to play him over and over while he's on pace for the most single-season interceptions of all-time. There's no rule saying Fitz HAS to start; that's all Bowles.

Archived