Looking ahead with some optimism!

hokiejetfan92

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This season was never going to be a good thing so I don't know what you're hung up about.  There was nothing to indicate we were going to be a playoff team this year and if the first 5 games haven't taught you that I really don't know what to say.

7-7 with 2 to play against the Patriots and Bills with the Jets rebounding from a tough start and playing spoiler is all your season is about right now.  If that doesn't get you excited, the Rangers face off in their season opener tomorrow.

SAR I

I was one of those who thought that this was a .500 football team for 2016.  What I didn't count on was the complete collapse of the defense.

Fitzy's performance was to be expected.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

You know it and I know it. If Fitzpatrick is anywhere near this team next year, the Jets won't be able to give away tickets.

Thats already happening this season many including myself are boycotting the stadium until the Jets get rid of Fitzpatrick I'm not paying a penny for that sh*t show no way in hell. 

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Do you really think things would be that much  different we if we had Aaron Rodgers and the same players. The only game we won Fitz had to have an almost perfect game and still had to bring us from behind several times. And they were within a TD at the end. 

Actually, no I don't, I agree with you wholeheartedly, the problems on this team that are killing us aren't quarterback related.  Our DL has no pass rush, our LB's can't cover a TE, our secondary is the joke of the league, and our coaching is atrocious.

I spend most of my time in "blame the quarterback!" threads trying to explain the obvious to a bunch of fans who don't want to hear the truth.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, peebag said:

Ok, now you're just f*cking with us.

Sort of.  No way in hell I want Ryan Fitzpatrick back again next year but...

Geno is gone.
Petty may miss the whole season hurt.
Hackenberg will need more time than Petty.
We won't get a quality QB in the draft unless we really tank it.

So where does that leave us?  Back in the free agent market and Ryan Fitzpatrick will once again be a great option for us as he will be the best available, comfortable in our system, willing to mentor and be a backup, blah blah blah.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, section314 said:

You know it and I know it. If Fitzpatrick is anywhere near this team next year, the Jets won't be able to give away tickets.

You see, this I don't get.  I completely get why we hate Geno Smith for a myriad of reasons after 4 years of time wasted.  But Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't some franchise guy who we invested years in who busted.  He's a serviceable journeyman helping us out because we have no better option under center.  He's not a bad guy.  He's not a villain.  He set offensive records last year and is playing about the same this year against very stiff competition.

Take the KC outlier out of it, he's playing well-  for a journeyman. 

The problem with this team is that about half the fans completely miscalculated the defense.  Tell me that the Jets won't be able to give away tickets because we're making no changes on that side of the ball, I might agree with you.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You see, this I don't get.  I completely get why we hate Geno Smith for a myriad of reasons after 4 years of time wasted.  But Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't some franchise guy who we invested years in who busted.  He's a serviceable journeyman helping us out because we have no better option under center.  He's not a bad guy.  He's not a villain.  He set offensive records last year and is playing about the same this year against very stiff competition.

Take the KC outlier out of it, he's playing well-  for a journeyman. 

The problem with this team is that about half the fans completely miscalculated the defense.  Tell me that the Jets won't be able to give away tickets because we're making no changes on that side of the ball, I might agree with you.

SAR I

My neighbor has put the rest of his season tickets for sale says he's going to salvage what he can out of a lost season. 

24 minutes ago, peebag said:

I was one of those who thought that this was a .500 football team for 2016.  What I didn't count on was the complete collapse of the defense.

Fitzy's performance was to be expected.

Same here, yes, I agree.  Like you, I never expected the defense to be this bad.  I expected them to take a hit against these playoff caliber teams, but not this bad.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Actually, no I don't, I agree with you wholeheartedly, the problems on this team that are killing us aren't quarterback related.  Our DL has no pass rush, our LB's can't cover a TE, our secondary is the joke of the league, and our coaching is atrocious.

I spend most of my time in "blame the quarterback!" threads trying to explain the obvious to a bunch of fans who don't want to hear the truth.

SAR I

I think we're witnessing the start of a trend this season. Several teams are going with non franchise Qbs and younger Qbs who are functioning efficiently as game managers, not making too many mistakes and running their team's offenses efficiently, that was the idea this year with Fitz but do far things haven't worked out. I don't think you have to commit your resources definitively for the Qb position. And you can win without a franchise Qb although it would be nice to have one. 

Just now, SAR I said:

Same here, yes, I agree.  Like you, I never expected the defense to be this bad.  I expected them to take a hit against these playoff caliber teams, but not this bad.

SAR I

Kacy Rodgers needs to be fired but because he's close personal friends with our stubborn blockhead head coach he stays. 

Macc; Hey Bowelsy keep Geno Smith on the bench and I dont fire Kacy 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Investment gold!!!!!!!

In it for the long-term, losing money for most seasons is expected, it's something to respect, not make fun of.

Remember, it's PSL holders like me that pay the bills to get your free games on TV and to offer decent views at a decent price on Stubhub.  You should thank us.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In it for the long-term, losing money for most seasons is expected, it's something to respect, not make fun of.

Remember, it's PSL holders like me that pay the bills to get your free games on TV and to offer decent views at a decent price on Stubhub.  You should thank us.

SAR I

Not making fun of anyone just stating a fact. Been there done that.

No its not PSL owners do not pay for the game to be televised,where the hell do you come up with this stuff.

LOL if it wasn't for you the games wouldn't be televised LOL 

I was in it for the long term too until the Jets forced me into a decision,ask me today I don't regret the decision I made. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Sorry, but this is the life of a rebuilding team without a franchise quarterback.

Someone should start a thread called "Who The Hell Gave You The Impression That This Was Some 12 Win Team?"

SAR I

Unfortunately the jets had plenty of opportunities to draft a franchise guy or trade fo a respectable starter, all while paying less than 12 million. 

I've not had a problem with big Macc until the Fitz signing. The Wilk signing wasn't met with negativity given that he's a fan favorite, even to those who felt before the signing that the price was way too high. Now we have three great DT's which means nothing because we don't have any edge rushers to push the qb back into the pocket. 

Those were two bad signings. Maybe Revis needs to move to safety

The team really has too much talent, top to bottom to not win a few games.  However, much it will depend on the coaching and whether our HC can get his head out of his ass and make some adjustments.   I know we are stuck with Fitz because we have only played 5 games and Bowles has no balls.   The only way he makes a change is if Fitz is carried out on a strecher so that means Gailey also has to realize he now has a NFL caliber TE on the roster and start changing things up.   He also needs to commit to the run game more and try and take some of the pressure of old noodle arm.   I can see Charone Peake becoming more of a factor as he is more in the line of Marshall and Enunwa as a big, physical receiver (who can also run).   I will be interested to see what adjustments are made on both offense and defense going forward. 

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

The Mets also need to sign Bobby Bonilla to an extension. 

They did that back in the 90's.  Thing is, contract only calls for the Mets to keep paying him, but he doesn't have to show up to play.  Kinda' like what he's done ever since the day he signed with them.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Not making fun of anyone just stating a fact. Been there done that.

No its not PSL owners do not pay for the game to be televised,where the hell do you come up with this stuff.

LOL if it wasn't for you the games wouldn't be televised LOL 

I was in it for the long term too until the Jets forced me into a decision,ask me today I don't regret the decision I made. 

The NFL's blackout rules, while currently suspended, were in effect from 2009 to 2014 and might be re-instituted next season.

Translation:  If 16,000 loyal Jets fans didn't write checks to the Jets for their 48,000 PSL seats, the Jets would black out the games in the region meaning that indeed we PSL owners are paying for you to watch the game in your basement with your smelly dog and your stale pretzels.

SAR I

fans are acting like Bowles on 4th down is why they lost. it was at Pittsburgh, with no Revis who is from there, they were never going to win that game.

learn your Jets history. They can barely hit a field goal on that grass.  Sometimes it's bigger than Fitz and Bowles. @KC was similarly unwinnable. 

This again?  The Jets are a bad team, with an awful secondary, that seem to just be going through the motions.  Their HC doesn't pay attention, makes absurd decisions, can't make adjustments, and his team looks unprepared every week.

The word pl****fs should be outlawed. 

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

fans are acting like Bowles on 4th down is why they lost. it was at Pittsburgh, with no Revis who is from there, they were never going to win that game.

learn your Jets history. They can barely hit a field goal on that grass.  Sometimes it's bigger than Fitz and Bowles. @KC was similarly unwinnable. 

Very few are acting like that is the reason they lost.  They almost certainly would have lost anyway.  But his decision was indefensible and historically awful.  He punted away his team's last chance.  Only an imbecile punts there.

6% of teams make the playoffs starting 1-4.

Interestingly enough, 2 teams from the AFC did it last year. Houston started 1-4 and KC started 1-5.

It's not out of the realm of possibility to salvage the season.  

So hypothetically speaking, if the Jets somehow back into the 6th playoff seed (which is absolutely hilarious), what would they do against a good team on the road?

Fitz is 0-25 against .500+ teams on the road.

Would you enjoy your one and done?

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

So hypothetically speaking, if the Jets somehow back into the 6th playoff seed (which is absolutely hilarious), what would they do against a good team on the road?

Petty would be healed and have a few starts under his belt by then.  That's the theoretical fantasy, at least.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Did you really just try to pull the old, delete the meat part of the post to create some bait, troll move on me? 

And how would a team that started 1-4 "back into" the playoffs?

You're losing it old friend, you're losing it. 

Wins do great things for teams. If they can win this week and get on a run, they may get their confidence up to be competitors. There's a lot of things that need to be fixed and fixed fast. The Jets never had a shot at winning the division unless the back up QB's for the Pat's in the first 4 games blew up. They didn't, so a wildcard was always the only way to get in the playoffs. I want to stay positive about this season, yeah, it's tough but it's possible. With injuries on other teams, anything can happen. Not throwing in the towel yet but they have to turn it around this week. Give the ball to Powell more, don't run into the middle of the line, get Jenkins going at TE, get back to a lethal pass rush, cover the receivers consistently, stop making toast in the secondary, make some plays and get some turnovers, start coaching like a NFL Pro. Like I said, a lot of things to fix NOW.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The NFL's blackout rules, while currently suspended, were in effect from 2009 to 2014 and might be re-instituted next season.

Translation:  If 16,000 loyal Jets fans didn't write checks to the Jets for their 48,000 PSL seats, the Jets would black out the games in the region meaning that indeed we PSL owners are paying for you to watch the game in your basement with your smelly dog and your stale pretzels.

SAR I

No they are not again where do you come up with this sh*t.

You do not pay for jack sh*t other than the seat you are sitting in and stadium related employees. 

TV money comes from advertisers and the network the game is on.

Dont own a dog,basement doesn't smell and dont eat stale pretzels.  

Sit down shut up in your game day argyle,khaki's,underoo's,hush puppies and your man bag packed with hand warmers,throat drops and purell wipes and enjoy the game. 

Arizona is an unwindable game. We absolutely positively don't have the firepower to hang with real teams. That's what they are, even with that record.

At 1-5 there is no reason for optimism. Also, Fitz, I loved you last year, I loved you at the Buffalo game, but you're done. You have been lackluster and a huge, huge waste of $12 million

On October 11, 2016 at 11:09 PM, hokiejetfan92 said:

So the Jets do suck right now, and things are terrible. But the next five games are against the Cardinals, Ravens, Browns, Dolphins and then Rams.

The cardinals have been playing lackadaisical all year so maybe beating them could be a turning point. Then we play the Ravens who have been terrible at offense all year and now they have our flame out Marty calling the plays. The Browns are the Browns, Tannehill is actually playing worse than Fitz, and the Rams might have Goff in or be in complete rebuilding mode at that point.

Just saying the Jets could go 4-1 or 5-0 over the next five games and that could drastically change the season. Woooooo lets do it boys! This is what Brandon Marshall was talking about. 1-4 is where we need to be right now.

Optimism = ban

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We could always go to a bar.  Or just not watch. (I'd prob choose the latter most weeks)

Archived