Poor Geno

prime21

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Already said it in other threads, the built in no weaponzzzzz excuse is already there for whoever takes over from Ftiz.

What? Brandon Marshall/Forte/Enunwa/Powell/ASJ/Anderson/Peake are sufficient weapons to see if a QB is competent. The likes of David Nelson and Stephen Hill were the weapons Geno had to deal with in his 1st 2 years. Not saying Geno will do great, but at least it will be a fair shot. 

57 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Still plenty of weapons. The Jets lost J.Marshall and E.Decker. 

They still have Forte, Powell, Enunwa, B.Marsh and young talented WRs in Anderson and Peake. This is WAY more talent than Geno had when starting as a rookie or playing in his sophomore year. The O-line is playing considerably better than it was back then as well. 

I don't really feel sorry for Geno. Yes, he was put in a terrible position when coming out of college. Definitely needed to be better developed and surrounded by better weapons and better protection. Yes, it sucks that he was knocked out for a full season b/c of IK. And IMO Geno probably wasn't 100% right in the situation but I'm 100% sure that IK was infinitely more WRONG. I don't care what Geno did or what he owed- there is no excuse for assault.  

Having said that. Geno had a PERFECT opportunity THIS season to come in and TAKE HOLD of the starting QB gig. I was pulling for him. He simply did not show enough. He simply did not play well enough in preseason or even in camp (where he looked good for the most part). The Jets DID NOT want to re-sign Fitz for 12mil. Unlike some, I believe the Jets WANTED Geno to be their starting QB- they just did not have enough confidence in him after he was mediocre in pre-season and seemed to make some of the same mistakes he's been making his whole career. I don't buy int the whole 'Jets Brass hates Geno' and 'the team has no respect for Geno' theory. If you go out there, play well and win the team and coaches will love you for it. 

If Fitz gets hurt or the Jets decide they need to bench him for poor play. GENO's number will be called- not Petty, not Hack.  

Incorrect. They signed Fitz way before the preseason and right at the start of the camp (IIRC). The entire offseason, the idiot zombie kept calling Fitz his "starter". Thats why it cost them $12mil. 

33 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's 500. Pay him and end it. 

Hindsight is 2020 so yeah, pay him and end it. on the other hand, pay him for what? For a missed flight cuz someone in your family was sick? No, not his fault for it. 

54 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They were in a locker room, IK should have done something more appropriate like grabbing Geno by the pussy.

Says a guy that chickens out and is ok with losing out after a few losses. 

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Hindsight is 2020 so yeah, pay him and end it. on the other hand, pay him for what? For a missed flight cuz someone in your family was sick? No, not his fault for it. 

IK paid for the ticket most people would say here's the money you spent for the plane fare.. Except Geno fans of course..

50 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What? Brandon Marshall/Forte/Enunwa/Powell/ASJ/Anderson/Peake are sufficient weapons to see if a QB is competent. The likes of David Nelson and Stephen Hill were the weapons Geno had to deal with in his 1st 2 years. Not saying Geno will do great, but at least it will be a fair shot. 

Sufficient in reality, not sufficient enough to precluide the excuse making 

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Another good one...He's a pussy for getting swung at. 

Cyrus is not a leader, leaders don't get swung on. And why didn't anybody come to Cyrus defense afterwards? Tells you everything you need to know about how the team feels about Cyrus. 

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

IK paid for the ticket most people would say here's the money you spent for the plane fare.. Except Geno fans of course..

It was a charity event IK organized. Ticket was 'supposed' to be from IK regardless. It wasn't an IOU. Geno backed out for whatever reason. Reschedule it. Don't go out of your way and punch the starting QB of your team. 

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ex-Jets and current Bills linebacker IK Enemkpali — the guy who punched Geno Smith — got into a fight at practice Thursday. According to multiple reports, Enemkpali "took a swing" at offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio. 

Lol, maybe Cyrus had a misunderstanding and IK couldn't control himself. 

Obviously it's Cyrus fault.

5 minutes ago, j4jets said:

It was a charity event IK organized. Ticket was 'supposed' to be from IK regardless. It wasn't an IOU. Geno backed out for whatever reason. Reschedule it. Don't go out of your way and punch the starting QB of your team. 

You don't reschedule a event when you don't even know the teammate you thought was coming doesn't show.. Look I'm not saying IK should have punched him but Geno could have avoided it all by not being a dick.. He chose to get in his face and say;What are you going to do about it??

12 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Also, what type of asshat makes a mid-to-high 6 figure salary, hears that a guy had a death close to his family and is like "yeah, but you owe me 600 dollars though". 

If Geno was the same Geno, but was winning a sh*t ton of games for us you would not be hearing the things supporting this violent act by a guy who's had history of violence before AND AFTER the incident. 

7 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

You don't reschedule a event when you don't even know the teammate you thought was coming doesn't show.. Look I'm not saying IK should have punched him but Geno could have avoided it all by not being a dick.. He chose to get in his face and say;What are you going to do about it??

What did IK say to make Geno say that? I doubt "violent history" IK was talking all low and passive...especially based on the end result and his violent history with the bills. 

Why even take this position? It's stupid and it clearly shows the disdain. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Also, what type of asshat makes a mid-to-high 6 figure salary, hears that a guy had a death close to his family and is like "yeah, but you owe me 600 dollars though". 

If Geno was the same Geno, but was winning a sh*t ton of games for us you would not be hearing the things supporting this violent act by a guy who's had history of violence before AND AFTER the incident. 

Nobody that I know supports Geno getting hit but even Bowles said they were both wrong and Bart Scott said there is a ATM in the players lounge and if it was Sanchez he would have paid him.. Ok Geno is a respected hero and had the full support of his team right??:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What did IK say to make Geno say that? I doubt "violent history" IK was talking all low and passive...especially based on the end result and his violent history with the bills. 

Why even take this position? It's stupid and it clearly shows the disdain. 

His parents expected him to work hard, show respect and always be a man of his word, and Ikemefuna Enemkpali tried to uphold their teachings, partly rooted in their Nigerian upbringing, as he rose from high school football star to budding linebacker with the Jets.

At an instructional camp back home in Pflugerville, Tex., he made certain to teach boys not just the fundamentals of football but the reality of players who flamed out and the importance of being an upstanding citizen.

He recruited several high school and college teammates as counselors for the camp, including some who play in the N.F.L., and attendance picked up at the prospect that an N.F.L. starting quarterback, Geno Smith of the Jets, would coach, too.

But to Enemkpali’s rising agitation and embarrassment, friends said, Smith was missing.

Smith had promised to come — his image was featured prominently on fliers advertising the camp, and his name was emblazoned on T-shirts given to campers — but he backed out, a friend who had spoken with Enemkpali said, because someone close to Smith had been in a bike accident. Smith never explained that he would not show, leaving Enemkpali to pay for $600 in airfare and limousine fees.

For the next month, Enemkpali, 24, stewed as Smith failed to reimburse him, enduring jokes from teammates about being stiffed, until his frustration boiled over Tuesday in a locker-room confrontation. The episode has cast into doubt a career of only six games — as if his football fortunes, like those of legions of low-round draft picks scrapping to make N.F.L. teams this summer, were not tenuous enough.

In an altercation over the unreimbursed money and Smith’s absence,Enemkpali decked Smith, sidelining him for at least six weeks with a broken jaw that required surgery. That one punch led to his swift release, propelling Enemkpali into football infamy, if not career purgatory, and drawing jokes across social media.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/sports/football/raised-to-be-respectful-ikemefuna-enemkpali-lets-a-dispute-get-the-better-of-him.html?_r=0

7 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Nobody that I know supports Geno getting hit but even Bowles said they were both wrong and Bart Scott said there is a ATM in the players lounge and if it was Sanchez he would have paid him.. Ok Geno is a respected hero and had the full support of his team right??:rolleyes:

So popularity of a player or a lack thereof suddenly determines who is right or wrong. Sure, Bart Scott said what he believes Sanchez would have done but Anthony Becht stated his personal experience with booking events like this and how for 10 years he had guys either cancel or not call/show up and how dealing with that "came with the territory" when doing these events, and never were the guys who didn't make it for whatever reason was ever told that "they had a debt to pay". 

Why didn't you quote Anthony Becht?

Also, some people on this board celebrated and boasted after the news broke...as well as blaming Geno for assault. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

So popularity of a player or a lack thereof suddenly determines who is right or wrong. Sure, Bart Scott said what he believes Sanchez would have done but Anthony Becht stated his personal experience with booking events like this and how for 10 years he had guys either cancel or not call/show up and how dealing with that "came with the territory" when doing these events, and never were the guys who didn't make it for whatever reason was ever told that "they had a debt to pay". 

Why didn't you quote Anthony Becht?

Also, some people on this board celebrated and boasted after the news broke...as well as blaming Geno for assault. 

Geno was the main star he should have called.. MG would have called and apologized and paid him the 600.. Now try and argue with me Foe..LOL

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

His parents expected him to work hard, show respect and always be a man of his word, and Ikemefuna Enemkpali tried to uphold their teachings, partly rooted in their Nigerian upbringing, as he rose from high school football star to budding linebacker with the Jets.

At an instructional camp back home in Pflugerville, Tex., he made certain to teach boys not just the fundamentals of football but the reality of players who flamed out and the importance of being an upstanding citizen.

He recruited several high school and college teammates as counselors for the camp, including some who play in the N.F.L., and attendance picked up at the prospect that an N.F.L. starting quarterback, Geno Smith of the Jets, would coach, too.

But to Enemkpali’s rising agitation and embarrassment, friends said, Smith was missing.

Smith had promised to come — his image was featured prominently on fliers advertising the camp, and his name was emblazoned on T-shirts given to campers — but he backed out, a friend who had spoken with Enemkpali said, because someone close to Smith had been in a bike accident. Smith never explained that he would not show, leaving Enemkpali to pay for $600 in airfare and limousine fees.

For the next month, Enemkpali, 24, stewed as Smith failed to reimburse him, enduring jokes from teammates about being stiffed, until his frustration boiled over Tuesday in a locker-room confrontation. The episode has cast into doubt a career of only six games — as if his football fortunes, like those of legions of low-round draft picks scrapping to make N.F.L. teams this summer, were not tenuous enough.

In an altercation over the unreimbursed money and Smith’s absence,Enemkpali decked Smith, sidelining him for at least six weeks with a broken jaw that required surgery. That one punch led to his swift release, propelling Enemkpali into football infamy, if not career purgatory, and drawing jokes across social media.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/sports/football/raised-to-be-respectful-ikemefuna-enemkpali-lets-a-dispute-get-the-better-of-him.html?_r=0

Okay.....

IK was raised with values that if another person didn't hold those same values that means they're possibly in position to get their jaw turned to dust?

I'm done dude. Stop defending this violent behavior. It's worse than defending a max 6 win QB :D

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Okay.....

IK was raised with values that if another person didn't hold those same values that means they're possibly in position to get their jaw turned to dust?

I'm done dude. Stop defending this violent behavior. It's worse than defending a max 6 win QB :D

Explain to me how saying I don't condone IK hitting him is defending Violent behavior??:wacko:

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Geno was the main star he should have called.. MG would have called and apologized and paid him the 600.. Now try and argue with me Foe..LOL

Stop defending violent behavior, stop holding on to nonsense, stop hating on dude, stop talking about the behind the back fumble, stop talking about his penis pics, stop cherry picking his tweets, stop cherry picking his instagram pics. Etc, etc, etc.

Show some maturity you guys request Geno to have. You have the floor. 

Archived