Some Good QB News

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They won't know, they are going to be stupid that is my point.  The one thing teams hate more than doing the wrong thing is basically admitting they were wrong about a player or a contract.

Fair point, but this GM has shown that he is not afraid to get rid of guys who don't perform. If and when Petty gets his shot, and performs well, nobody is gonna ever remember who the heck Fitz even is.

20 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Why he wasnt on PUP is beyond me. 

there were reports that he was throwing on the side but not practicing.  if he was on the PUP he would not be allowed on the field under coaches supervision which i am sure he was if the reports are true about throwing on the sidelines.

48 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This forum is going to get uglier than normal when the jets lose a couple more games, are pretty well mathematically out of the playoffs and they are still going with Fitz.

With the season in the crapper the one thing we should at least nail down is how fervently we need to pursue a potential starting QB in the offseason. A handful of games (let alone fewer) isn't enough to make that judgment.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

With the season in the crapper the one thing we should at least nail down is how fervently we need to pursue a potential starting QB in the offseason. A handful of games (let alone fewer) isn't enough to make that judgment.

So when do you make a judgment?  Gotta pull that trigger at some point.

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

So when do you make a judgment?  Gotta pull that trigger at some point.

Would like to have been forming it already. Here's the problem. I expect a minimum of one game where he gets his ass handed to him. The problem is there need to be enough other games to look at to see how he responds. On the field against an unpredictable opponent, not in practice against the same guys he's been working with/against for a year & a half. 

If he only gets a handful of games and 1-2 of them are "learning experiences" types (being nice here), we may go harder after a QB than needed, throwing resources at an area we may have covered.

If Bowles really benches Fitz after 1 more game, 10 games should be enough of an audition to form an educated opinion (i.e. does he need a little more competition or does he he need to be replaced outright?). Would have been a lot easier if he was practicing more than just rehabbing this past month & a half, though. It's just more rust to shake off & we takes longer to know if is it rust or is he just bad.

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

INTs are part of the game 6 INTs arent 

Agreed. 

You do know though that the minute he throws that first int there will be someone here posting that Petty is not the answer and that we need to draft a QB in the first round next. 

You know it

I know it 

Just about the entire board knows it

6 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Agreed. 

You do know though that the minute he throws that first int there will be someone here posting that Petty is not the answer and that we need to draft a QB in the first round next. 

You know it

I know it 

Just about the entire board knows it

LOL yes we are a QB starved fan base 

11 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Somebody will say it the second he takes his first snap, good or bad.

Followed shortly by some derp saying we should give Geno a chance.

Only way Petty gets in is if Fitz goes down or goes on another INT spree. I'm sure he won't be ready for at least a couple more weeks though. It would be nice to see a Jet QB throw some ropes around the field and be able to throw a bullet over 40 yards without taking 2 steps and arcing it like a rainbow. He definitely showed signs of being a gun slinger in the preseason. I'd like to see how he performs in a real game. Hopefully won't have to wait til next season. Hey Bowles, hand Fitz the clipboard and let's see what the kids got.

59 minutes ago, section314 said:

Fair point, but this GM has shown that he is not afraid to get rid of guys who don't perform. If and when Petty gets his shot, and performs well, nobody is gonna ever remember who the heck Fitz even is.

In that case he needs to fire himself. 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

The fvck is wrong the the Jets CS. Petty is clearly the better QB on the roster. Why isn't Geno on the streets yet????

Logic.

#2 QB is better than #3 QB, becaue #3 QB hasn't taken #2 QB's job.

Coming from the same guy that argues that hte #2 QB is better than the #1 QB, even though the #2 QB hasn't taken the #1 QB's job.

You can't make up this level of stupid.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Logic.

#2 QB is better than #3 QB, becaue #3 QB hasn't taken #2 QB's job.

Coming from the same guy that argues that hte #2 QB is better than the #1 QB, even though the #2 QB hasn't taken the #1 QB's job.

You can't make up this level of stupid.

Try inserting the $12mil into the equation. You arguing over this and saying Petty should start is dumb as a doorknob. 

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Fitz in Arizona, then Petty.

I would do this...not sure the Jets will though.

Personally, I think they give him this week to get back to practice.  If the Jets lose, he moves up and starts getting some 1st team reps before Baltimore game and is made the number 2.  Lose to Baltimore?  He starts against CLE, or even comes in in the Baltimore game if Fitz struggles.

Who knows though...if the Jets win either Arizona or Baltimore game they may stick with Fitz (mistakenly IMO) until say the 7th loss.

I'm more interested to see when the move him up to #2 though to start getting at least some 1st team reps instead of Geno.

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

Not in pracice he wasn't. Otherwise why would there be an announcement?

Actually he has been throwing at practice for a week on the side.  This is his first full practice where he is involved in team activities.

Archived