Some Good QB News

CrazyCarl40

9 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno was the worst starting QB of all QBs in 2013 and 2014.

Yes. He was a starting quarterback. Let's stay here at square one and really make sure you're getting this. Stop with the bullsh*t like Petty seems like he could be serviceable and blah blah words. Do you have any idea what percentile of fourth round quarterbacks it would put Petty in to ever start at all? To match Geno's numbers of starts and wins, even given his entire career to do so? My cat is an unknown quantity too but absence of evidence doesn't preclude making an informed guess as to the relative likelihood of his chances of turning into a reasonable quarterback as opposed to somebody who has at least been a bad quarterback. Trying to simplify this to Smith NO Petty MAYBE is silly.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yes. He was a starting quarterback. Let's stay here at square one and really make sure you're getting this. Stop with the bullsh*t like Petty seems like he could be serviceable and blah blah words. Do you have any idea what percentile of fourth round quarterbacks it would put Petty in to ever start at all? To match Geno's numbers of starts and wins, even given his entire career to do so? My cat is an unknown quantity too but absence of evidence doesn't preclude making an informed guess as to the relative likelihood of his chances of turning into a reasonable quarterback as opposed to somebody who has at least been a bad quarterback. Trying to simplify this to Smith NO Petty MAYBE is silly.

That's a whole lot of words to never answer my questions. But it's becoming increasingly apparent you're just avoiding them because you either have no answers or aren't intelligent enough to even attempt to come up with some. I don't care about percentiles and I don't care Geno was gifted the starting job three times. Lots of horrible QBs who have no business starting have done it. 

What percentile does it put Tom Brady in for 6th round picks? What round was Dak Prescott chosen in? If not Petty then who? Quit deflecting and answer some questions. Otherwise there is no point in continuing this conversation. Not quite sure there is anyway. You just seem hellbent on your point of view without even considering others. 

A new theory just came to me, maybe others have said it before. 

Question: Is it a good argument to say: we should start petty ASAP because while he has no chance of winning against the next few teams, neither does Fitz...So play petty now and he'll get some experience before playing in some games that we actually have a shot in.

Fwiw , My move would be this. Id begin giving Petty second string snaps now. Then see Fitz in action against cards. Then split snaps next week in practice. Make a decision for the Ravens game based on an eye test. 

Unless Fitz has tremendous games and wins against Ravens and cardinals, I go petty here on out.

On 10/14/2016 at 10:20 PM, joewilly12 said:

Sitting behind Brett Favre and Drew Bledsoe way different than sitting behind Ryan Fitzpatrick

Drew Bledsoe was having a terrible career, and only lost the starting job when he got hurt - he didn't get benched; Brady will go down as one of the greatest ever and the great BB had him sitting behind a struggling Bledsoe; do you think Petty has the same potential as Brady - because that would be great.

13 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Drew Bledsoe was having a terrible career, and only lost the starting job when he got hurt - he didn't get benched; Brady will go down as one of the greatest ever and the great BB had him sitting behind a struggling Bledsoe; do you think Petty has the same potential as Brady - because that would be great.

Bledsoe and Favre were 100x better than Ryan Fitzpatrick is m point 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Bledsoe and Favre were 100x better than Ryan Fitzpatrick is m point 

Yeah, I got your point; my point is that at this point Petty is no Brady or Rodgers. Also, this all started as someone said that sitting a QB was stupid and a baby move. My other point is that even the great BB didn't pull a struggling Bledsoe (who's career was a major disappointment) with the great Brady on the bench as he wanted to win. Fitz may suck, but he is still more likely to win than Petty (who just started practicing BTW). Petty will get his chance this year. But, yeah, let's throw him in the deep end before he is ready when there is still a healthy starting QB on team (who may have had 2 terrible games, but let's face it - this team didn't play well enough to win either game).

Yeah, throw the project in early against tough defenses because, well, fans hate Fitz and want to enjoy tomorrow's game. Of course, when he struggles, let's throw Hack out there and burn both careers and start all over..

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Yeah, I got your point; my point is that at this point Petty is no Brady or Rodgers. Also, this all started as someone said that sitting a QB was stupid and a baby move. My other point is that even the great BB didn't pull a struggling Bledsoe (who's career was a major disappointment) with the great Brady on the bench as he wanted to win. Fitz may suck, but he is still more likely to win than Petty (who just started practicing BTW). Petty will get his chance this year. But, yeah, let's throw him in the deep end before he is ready when there is still a healthy starting QB on team (who may have had 2 terrible games, but let's face it - this team didn't play well enough to win either game).

Yeah, throw the project in early against tough defenses because, well, fans hate Fitz and want to enjoy tomorrow's game. Of course, when he struggles, let's throw Hack out there and burn both careers and start all over..

Good QB's have come out of many fires many teams are playing rookies this season that were picked way after Hack and he's where some QB grooming school. The Jets who are so good at developing QB's and grooming them need to make a decision this football team sucks with Ryan Fitzpatrick leading it. 

Anyone but Fitzpatrick!!!!!

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Good QB's have come out of many fires many teams are playing rookies this season that were picked way after Hack and he's where some QB grooming school. The Jets who are so good at developing QB's and grooming them need to make a decision this football team sucks with Ryan Fitzpatrick leading it. 

Anyone but Fitzpatrick!!!!!

Be careful what you wish for.

Archived