Question for the "Never Geno" crowd?

drdetroit

The Jets have already made their decision on Geno.  Last year was his opportunity to start.  That way the front office could have gauged his value and either offered him an appropriate extension.  He blew that by being a POS person and a terrible leader of men.

Now, it's most likely that unless Geno turns into Aaron Rodgers, he's not taking the Jets to the playoffs.  So worst case scenario, they play him, he sucks, and can't even warrant a team making him an offer next year, preventing us from getting a comp pick, even a 7th.  

Best case scenario, based on our weaker schedule, he out performs what Fitz did against the NFL elite he played against and the NY media turns on Macc and Bowles.

Either way, Geno has 11 games left on our roster.

If anything, when we are basically out of it, start Petty.  Figure out if we need to be major players in the 2017 draft for a QB.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Best case scenario, based on our weaker schedule, he out performs what Fitz did against the NFL elite he played against and the NY media turns on Macc and Bowles.

Macc is afraid Geno Smith shows up his $12 million dollar mistake and has ordered Bowles not to play Geno is my guess. Come on man 6 INTs in a game and the guy is still our QB. 

16 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

My issues with Geno are he's a selfish egotistical idiot.  As qb you first must be a leader.  He lost his starting job for what equates to you and I .....6$. He got punched out by a teammate.   Not opponent.  No respect got  in the locker room.  Guys jumped ship.  Physically, he has all the tools, maybe lacks  touch.  Mentallly, empty cup.  Nothing up there.  Total void.  Plays for Geno, not the team.  And why do I think he won't improve? Because leopards don't change their spots.  He's a me guy, not a team guy. And now it's pointless to even have a lame duck qb like him on the team.  It's Petty Vs Hack.  Bye Geno,bye fritz. Petty time starts soon. 

Right now Fitz sucks a bit less. Yes even now.  Guys still will go into battle with fitz.  With Geno probably not. 

Fitz has all intangibles you would want in a QB except the talent to play the position..;)

On October 14, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Mogglez said:

This. 

He had his chance last year to prove to a new regime that he could be "the guy" and he got his jaw broken by a teammate over $600.  As much as I wanted him back in there as soon as he was healthy, I knew it was never going to happen. There is no future for him here with the playoffs essentially out of the picture.  His attitude with social media and play in the pre-season/off-season hasn't helped either.  It's time to move on. 

Also his performance in Oakland

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Geno was not good in those 29 games. His overall stats were league lows. There is no way he deserved to be the starter this year. But if Fitz plays poorly on Monday night I have no problem with giving Geno the second half. And he had plenty of first team reps this off season. And based on what I read he's still getting some first team reps. 

And Fitz had maybe 100 mediocre to bad games before last season + 4 more this season

#samplesize

27 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

And Fitz had maybe 100 mediocre to bad games before last season + 4 more this season

#samplesize

You do understand that saying one QB is bad doesn't make the other QB better, right?

The TLDR of this thread is that the Organization is not playing Geno.  Not us fans.

They don't believe in him, by their actions.

So this is all irrelevant blabbering.  Till Bowles "thinks he could improve", he won't play.

It doesn't matter if you like him or I don't.  We don't decide.

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

29 starts is a very generous sample size. Most Qbs don't get close to that. It lets you know if a Qb can play or not play. There are enough games over that span for a player to improve and learn the position. It it were 10 or even 12 I would say he is still unproven. But how many do you want? And you play with the teammates you have good or bad. If not very good than it's expected you make chicken salad out of chicken s,.  And he had one game in 2015 and didn't look that good, either. Same goes for the exhbition season in 2016.

But anyone who knows anything about football knows most rookie qbs should not be starting in their first yr. Even Sanchez was in over his head, and the team carried him. So saying geno had so many games ect, they were all in his first two years when most qbs are at their worst. Ryan Fitzpatrick career is about to end. Maybe he has another yr or two left as a backup after this season.. jets aren't making the playoffs.. it wouldn't hurt to just make sure with geno before he is shown the door with fitz.. Mac and Bowles are taking the patient approach with the two project qbs..

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Pumpkin picking today? I and you pegged to be at the Far Hills Race Meeting my bad oh well enjoy the day with family. 

Yes, went to Barton Orchards near Poughkeepsie, highly recommended to those with young kids.  If you're looking for pumpkin picking, apple picking, and the like this place is the best.

SAR I

9 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

You realize who played week 17 in Buffalo with everything on the line . 

Come on face it ,you got owned with your ridiculous statements, Your basing the evaluation of the QB on 1 game he din't even start , so if that's valid, then my extrapolation of Geno's stats is valid as well, you can't have it both ways.  And as far as compiling mop up stats , that's what Qb's are expected to do after another team brutalizes your teams defense for 4 quarters, which BTW is something the incumbent starter can't do effectively, he either plays with a lead or sh*ts the bed. . Geno didn't lose that Oak game the Jets lost that game before even getting off the bus - I'm pointing at you Todd. 

Week 17 never becomes a win-and-in game if Geno does his job in Oakland, the thrilling OT win over the Patriots would have clinched the playoffs at home, and we could have rested our starters in Buffalo.  Hey, Geno would have even gotten a start in that scenario.  He screwed up our whole season and his own future too.

Back to the Oakland game, give me a break, Geno Smith had more experience in Chan Gailey's offense than Fitzpatrick did, Geno was the assumptive starter all Spring, got starters reps right up until the awesome jaw punch.  A backup quarterback has one job:  Be ready.  He wasn't.  He's a lazy fraud.

Geno ruined last year by blowing our 11th win in Oakland and Geno ruined this year by not being good enough to win the job away from a bag of pucks like Fitzpatrick.  He's the worst Jet since Mark Gastineau.  But please keep defending him.  It's so entertaining.

SAR I

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Hey now, if we take Geno's best quarter, and extrapolate that over an entire career (with fair chances, and weapons!) he would throw for 186,000 Yards, 987 TD's, 0 INT's and win 484 games, including 8 strait Super Bowls!

He's clearly the right choice, just LOOK at that extrapolated stats!

The 2 datapoints for Geno greatness are a Week 17 exhibition game between two eliminated teams in Miami and a 28-6 blowout with a record setting offense that cost us the playoffs in Oakland.

This is so off-the-charts funny I can't believe we're actually not being played.

SAR I

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc is afraid Geno Smith shows up his $12 million dollar mistake and has ordered Bowles not to play Geno is my guess. Come on man 6 INTs in a game and the guy is still our QB. 

I don't know, maybe it's just that Geno is that bad.

SAR I

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

You do understand that saying one QB is bad doesn't make the other QB better, right?

The TLDR of this thread is that the Organization is not playing Geno.  Not us fans.

They don't believe in him, by their actions.

So this is all irrelevant blabbering.  Till Bowles "thinks he could improve", he won't play.

It doesn't matter if you like him or I don't.  We don't decide.

Geno or Bin Laden?

Who do you hate more?

It is pretty clear at this point that they are waiting for Petty.  The last thing this franchise needs is an inconsistent sequence of performances from Geno leading to even more off season discussion about whether he should come back or not.  We do not to be knocked back into that particular cul-de-sac when the front office has already decided that the answer to the "Geno question" is no.

If they really thought Geno could still have a shot at the job then they would have taken the out that was given to them with Fitzpatrick's salary demands.  Geno has no future here because the front office already decided that he does not.

Are you kidding me? Cause the two years we already wasted on him wasnt enough for you to see? Dude when will you people realize that it doesnt and shouldnt take four years to develop a QB. College programs are advanced enough to develop a QB that can start day 1 and produce. 

2 hours ago, CobraVerde said:

Are you kidding me? Cause the two years we already wasted on him wasnt enough for you to see? Dude when will you people realize that it doesnt and shouldnt take four years to develop a QB. College programs are advanced enough to develop a QB that can start day 1 and produce. 

This explains it all .

3 hours ago, CobraVerde said:

bramhall-world-ik-enemkpali-geno-smith.j

SAR I

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Where did that get us a 10-6 season where we FAIED to make the playoffs yippee really something to cheer about. LOL 

We failed to make the playoffs because your boy Geno wasn't good enough to beat the Oakland Raiders.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

We failed to make the playoffs because your boy Geno wasn't good enough to beat the Oakland Raiders.

SAR I

Nooooooooooo your boy Fitzpatrick threw 3 INTs against the Bills in the season finale he choked again like he has so many times before in his career. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Nooooooooooo your boy Fitzpatrick threw 3 INTs against the Bills in the season finale he choked again like he has so many times before in his career. 

He's not my boy, I think both Ryan and Geno suck.

Fitzpatrick wouldn't have even had to play in Buffalo, he'd be resting on the bench for our wildcard game had Geno Smith done his job and bothered to prepare or show up for the Oakland game.  Backup's have one job.  Be ready.  Geno not only wasn't ready, he was comically bad.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's not my boy, I think both Ryan and Geno suck.

Fitzpatrick wouldn't have even had to play in Buffalo, he'd be resting on the bench for our wildcard game had Geno Smith done his job and bothered to prepare or show up for the Oakland game.  Backup's have one job.  Be ready.  Geno not only wasn't ready, he was comically bad.

SAR I

Wrong again. 

Fitzpatrick = Failure 

We miss out on the playoffs because of Fitzpatrick 

We are 1-4 because of Fitzpatrick 

Resale on tickets will be low because of Fitzpatrick this season

Archived