4 straight ws for Rex

kevinc855

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont see where we are winning 6 games.  We will lose Monday, Ravens will beat us on a short week.  Hugh Jackson has Clev playing tough, competetive football.  The Rams are tough and then the Fins on the road.  Honestly, I dont know when we are winning again.

I know it feels that way, but we are streaky, the games coming up are easier than the ones behind us.  If we play to our potential we can spank anyone like we did the Bills (on O) or the Bengals (DL).  We're going 7-9 and we are 1-4.  There are 6 wins left in us and they're coming next week.

SAR I

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You doubt it? Well doubt no more. Use the google. Here's an article that took three seconds to find: 

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/jaguars-chris-ivory-signs-with-jaguars/

Chris Ivory has done jack and crap since leaving the Jets for the big money. Take a look at the stats. He's made zero impact and has also missed games. He disappeared at the end of the season last year and helped to cost the Jets a playoff spot. 

Fitz' money and contract wasn't signed until long after the Jets front office had already made up their mind about what they were willing to spend on the running back position. One doesn't have anything to do with the other. To think otherwise is ridiculous. 

Your position is indefensible. The Jets signed the guy you wanted at QB. The season is over. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Ivory was a terrific runner. He was not much of an asset as a receiver or even as a blocker. And that running style, while punishing to defenders, was also punishing to himself.

....and that is just what the Jets are missing. No power running game to protect the QB. 

8 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

....and that is just what the Jets are missing. No power running game to protect the QB. 

8 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The Jets are missing a QB

18 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Your position is indefensible. The Jets signed the guy you wanted at QB. The season is over. Thanks.

We're not talking about the results. We're currently talking about the offseason and how the Fitz situation had nothing to do with the decisions of the front office on Ivory. You changing the subject tells me all I need to know. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

We're not talking about the results. We're currently talking about the offseason and how the Fitz situation had nothing to do with the decisions of the front office on Ivory. You changing the subject tells me all I need to know. 

Yes it most certainly did and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Fitzpatrick holding us hostage is the main reason we signed no one in the off season that actually  improved this team. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is poison 5 other NFL teams have experienced his poison the Jets and many fans felt Ryan Fitzpatrick was a steal and was the QB to lead us to a Super Bowl 

Wow were they rudely mistaken. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Yes it most certainly did and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Fitzpatrick holding us hostage is the main reason we signed no one in the off season. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is poison 5 other NFL teams have experienced his poison the Jets and many fans felt Ryan Fitzpatrick was a steal and was the QB to lead us to a Super Bowl 

If the Jets wanted to bring back Ivory, they could have. They chose to bring back Powell and then sign Forte and Robinson. It had nothing to do with Fitz. Any thought to that is preposterous and beyond unintelligent. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

If the Jets wanted to bring back Ivory, they could have. They chose to bring back Powell and then sign Forte and Robinson. It had nothing to do with Fitz. Any thought to that is preposterous and beyond unintelligent. 

WRONG they laid down because of the Fitzpatrick situation and thought they would get into bidding wars with other teams for Fitzpatrick after all a 10-6 season where he broke NY Jets passing records. Funny thing no one else wanted him and after all smoke cleared we signed nobody and got stuck with the worse QB in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WRONG they laid down because of the Fitzpatrick situation and thought they would get into bidding wars with other teams for Fitzpatrick after all a 10-6 season where he broke NY Jets passing records. Funny thing no one else wanted him and after all smoke cleared we signed nobody and got stuck with the worse QB in the NFL. 

Literally nothing in this post is factual or close to correct. Just wow. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The guy who holds a bunch of NY Jets passing records is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Think about that for a minute.

Literally nothing in this post is factual or close to correct. Just wow. 

So how many other teams wanted Khiry Robinson the injury prone RB the same amount who wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick 

The Jets did NOTHING this off season no need to Ryan Fitzpatrick was all they needed right Carl. 

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

The guy who holds a bunch of NY Jets passing records is Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Think about that for a minute.

Who cares considering the QB position on the NY Jets has been puzzling and problematic for years those records dont get you on the playoffs or win you Super Bowls and he got them against the weakest schedule in the NFL in 2015. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Who cares considering the QB position on the NY Jets has been puzzling and problematic for years those records dont get you on the playoffs or win you Super Bowls and he got them against the weakest schedule in the NFL in 2015. 

I wasn't complimenting him.  I was pointing out how bad the Jets QBs have been.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the issue. 

The head coach and gm need to be shown the door sooner than later. 

If this level of inept coaching continues they need to fire Bowles. Macc should get a chance to hire his own coach. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So how many other teams wanted Khiry Robinson the injury prone RB the same amount who wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick 

The Jets did NOTHING this off season no need to Ryan Fitzpatrick was all they needed right Carl. 

The Jets did plenty this offseason. Some it is working, some of it isn't. They haven't hit nearly enough in the draft or in free agency. You continue to try to make every issue about Fitz. That's just a too simplistic and narrow minded approach. You have to look at the bigger picture. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets did plenty this offseason. Some it is working, some of it isn't. They haven't hit nearly enough in the draft or in free agency. You continue to try to make every issue about Fitz. That's just a too simplistic and narrow minded approach. You have to look at the bigger picture. 

What did they do Carl that improved this team?  4 games into the season we sign a decent TE we are playing roster roulette how many other teams are doing this we still lack depth at RB and the way the QB position is being handled here speaks volumes for this organization and coaching staff. 

Have we fixed the CB position how about the LB's?

48 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Whatevs.

What protects the QB is an OL that gives him adequate time (he has this); good receivers that turn bad passes into completions or TDs (he has this); and RBs that not only pick up blitzes, but who also are such good checkdown options they routinely turn busted plays into first downs (he has this). 

Spare me the 'every QB needs a Chris Ivory' notion. Not long ago Ivory and his lack of flexibility as a player were part of a problem. Now suddenly he's what's missing to solve the offense's woes? Not buying it.

When the box has that many guys in it, Chris Ivory does nothing also. How quickly we forget that 1/4 of the 2015 season's games - the ones against the types of opponents we've faced in 2016 - he was mostly getting 1 or 2 yards per carry himself.

I'm the last one here who's an apologist for this GM or HC, but they were 100% correct to not outbid Jacksonville for Chris Ivory. We got our cheap 3 years out of him for a meager 4th round pick, and then let him go. That is a success. The only thing preventing it from being a bigger success was Maccagnan forfeiting the compensatory draft pick we'd have been due for Jacksonville paying him so handsomely.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What did they do Carl that improved this team?  4 games into the season we sign a decent TE we are playing roster roulette how many other teams are doing this we still lack depth at RB and the way the QB position is being handled here speaks volumes for this organization and coaching staff. 

I think you have really forgotten how terrible the Jets roster was 2 years ago. I mean it's your and the vageno's favorite go to excuse for the Jets burying Geno. Rome wasn't built in a day and a lot of the positions on this team needed major overhauls. It doesn't happen in two drafts. The Jets need an infusion of young talent in several positions and for some of the other young players to progress. It's not just a flash bang that happens with a snap of the fingers.  It's going to take time. 

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes it most certainly did and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Fitzpatrick holding us hostage is the main reason we signed no one in the off season that actually  improved this team. 

Please shut up. 

SAR I

I think you have really forgotten how terrible the Jets roster was 2 years ago. I mean it's your and the vageno's favorite go to excuse for the Jets burying Geno. Rome wasn't built in a day and a lot of the positions on this team needed major overhauls. It doesn't happen in two drafts. The Jets need an infusion of young talent in several positions and for some of the other young players to progress. It's not just a flash bang that happens with a snap of the fingers.  It's going to take time. 

2 years or 47 years Carl take you pick excuses dont win football games and Super Bowls. 

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Whatevs.

What protects the QB is an OL that gives him adequate time (he has this); good receivers that turn bad passes into completions or TDs (he has this); and RBs that not only pick up blitzes, but who also are such good checkdown options they routinely turn busted plays into first downs (he has this). 

Spare me the 'every QB needs a Chris Ivory' notion. Not long ago Ivory and his lack of flexibility as a player were part of a problem. Now suddenly he's what's missing to solve the offense's woes? Not buying it.

When the box has that many guys in it, Chris Ivory does nothing also. How quickly we forget that 1/4 of the 2015 season's games - the ones against the types of opponents we've faced in 2016 - he was mostly getting 1 or 2 yards per carry himself.

I'm the last one here who's an apologist for this GM or HC, but they were 100% correct to not outbid Jacksonville for Chris Ivory. We got our cheap 3 years out of him for a meager 4th round pick, and then let him go. That is a success. The only thing preventing it from being a bigger success was Maccagnan forfeiting the compensatory draft pick we'd have been due for Jacksonville paying him so handsomely.

This.

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Whatevs.

I don't think the all of that money is guaranteed. I would rather him still a Jet than to pay Fitz. I know that JVille of paid and the Jets got good value out of him. Right now we have not replaced his production. That is hindering Fitz some as he cannot rely on the big banger to break one on the D.

The team is not configured well and I have stated that I several threads. Macc has done a really bad job. Too many DT's and they start 4 of them. The LB's a wreck, not a wrecking crew. Until ASJ the TE grouping was minor league at best and we had 4 of them. 

I hope this guy is not over his head here.

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

I don't think the all of that money is guaranteed. I would rather him still a Jet than to pay Fitz. I know that JVille of paid and the Jets got good value out of him. Right now we have not replaced his production. That is hindering Fitz some as he cannot rely on the big banger to break one on the D.

The team is not configured well and I have stated that I several threads. Macc has done a really bad job. Too many DT's and they start 4 of them. The LB's a wreck, not a wrecking crew. Until ASJ the TE grouping was minor league at best and we had 4 of them. 

I hope this guy is not over his head here.

I wouldn't pay him half that. Seriously, not half. An oft-injured power back on his 3rd NFL contract? No way. 

This is one of those take the money and run situations. 

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I can't believe I'm bothering, but 

• Fitzpatrick had nothing to do with Ivory not getting re-signed. Ivory is why Ivory was not re-signed. He's a good Rab when healthy, but he was simply too expensive for what he brings.
  • The TE position had nothing to do with Ryan Fitzpatrick. 
  • We have depth at RB in that we are 2 RBs deep. There would be even less depth if Ivory was re-signed at some $7-8 million per year.
  • The QB and CB and LB positions speak to the poor judgment of player/prospect valuation of both the GM and HC. Fitzpatrick's contract is a symptom of this, not a cause.

Archived