**The Official Jets @ Cardinals Game thread** - In Honor of Dennis Byrd [merged]

whodeawhodat

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Integrity28 said:

Eh, half of Fitz's INTs came in sh*t situations like that too... playing from behind. 

If you blame one, you blame all. 

Bowles brought Geno in the 4th quarter down 28-3.  I'd at least give Geno one start.  What do we have to lose?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

They split 10 mil off as a signing bonus.  The 2nd year is voided automatically.  He will never get the 2nd year, it's voided whether he's on he roster or not.  Simp,e logic.  

I'm not arguing any of that straw man. I'm not sure what you're even talking about at this point. The original post I responded to said 12 million this year and 5 million in dead money. That's 17 million and that's not even remotely true. You interjected with incoherent rambling. That doesn't change the numbers and facts. 7 this year, 5 next. 

I don't think Geno is the answer, but clearly this isn't a good situation to put him in. No way to judge.

But, this is the best outcome; if Geno played well then he might start the rest of the season. He is gone next year.

It needs to be Petty time soon. Either next week or the week after.

I also think Ariens is being a dick; 3 minutes left no way he looses now. Just run out the clock. Jets don't deserve mercy, but this is not a classy move by a supposed friend.

Just now, BallinPB said:

Bowles brought Geno in the 4th quarter down 28-3.  I'd at least give Geno one start.  What do we have to lose?

If Petty is healthy, then it's one game's worth of reps for Petty to lose. If he's not ready, then start Geno. Fitz shouldn't be put back on the field this year. We've lost a whole season becasue of hte sunk cost fallacy.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sure you can. They blame Ryan Fitzpatrick all the time. 

SAR I

Fitz never waits until 4th down, takes all the anticipation out of it.  

Also,Fitz never wastes our time with mid field INTs.  He breaks our backs with nice red zone, crushing picks.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Eh, half of Fitz's INTs came in sh*t situations like that too... playing from behind. 

If you blame one, you blame all. 

+1

Geno Smith cost us the game tonight. He came in the fourth quarter unprepared and could not lead us back to victory.  Cost us the playoffs last season, cost us the playoffs this season.

Any of you Myhero's stand up for the guy now you should be ashamed of yourselves. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

If Petty is healthy, then it's one game's worth of reps for Petty to lose. If he's not ready, then start Geno. Fitz shouldn't be put back on the field this year. We've lost a whole season becasue of hte sunk cost fallacy.

Season was lost no matter who started at QB in 2016. If they can get some reps for Petty, they may be able to salvage something here. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreed .  Except to save face, they will not do this.

Archived