**The Official Jets @ Cardinals Game thread** - In Honor of Dennis Byrd [merged]

whodeawhodat

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

I cant believe I miss Rex, this is how sad this year is. Great!

lol, I don't understand why fans automatically defer to the last sh*t-show we had when the current sh*t-show reveals itself... why long for what we had, how about longing for what we never have... that's what I miss, the Jets that never seem to be... a respectable, have-their-sh*t-together franchise that can complete

Just now, Mike135 said:

Yeah, he waited too long and wasted the season.  But hopefully he makes the right decision this week.

Agreed. If he sat Fitz down after KC, it's possible Fitz gets himself right and can rejoin the lineup and succeed. Or, it's possible that Geno sucks just as much and we're in the same place.

Especially given that the defense is a complete, total disaster... where we've invested 90% of our assets for years, no less. 

Just now, shevys said:

Which was what? I'm in Tucson so no post game here. 

the consensus is that you HAVE to bench Fitz.  Ray Lucas and Westoff are the most vocal but all of them agree that it's pointless starting Fitz.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreed. If he sat Fitz down after KC, it's possible Fitz gets himself right and can rejoin the lineup and succeed. Or, it's possible that Geno sucks just as much and we're in the same place.

Especially given that the defense is a complete, total disaster... where we've invested 90% of our assets for years, no less. 

I really am not worried about the D much.  If we get better QB play, the rest of the team will improve.

2 minutes ago, Jetlag said:

He left it open by saying that Fitz is the QB but he has to talk to the coaches about it.

Thanks. Bowles needs to grow some balls. 

I'm so glad I only got tickets to this game for my daughter and son in law and opted out. 

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I really am not worried about the D much.  If we get better QB play, the rest of the team will improve.

Disagree. Quarterbacks ain't fixing what's wrong. 

Quarterback can help minimize how often the D is on the field, but it's not fixing sh*t about this horrid defense. I promise you that.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

this is what I just don't get.   Is the D really that void of talent?   What had Macc been doing on 2 years and why can't Bowles work with the players that Macc is getting?   

Burris is on the bench in favor of street FA's.  MacDougal can't be worse than what we saw tonight.   Gilchrist is non-existent, Wilkerson is stealing $, still no team speed, Mauldin + Jenkins aren't really showing much of anything.    

Just now, Rangers9 said:

He said he was starting Fitz next week. Right now they are interviewing Fitz and the reporter mentioned it. 

he said Fitz is the starter.. then 20 seconds later he said I'll talk with the coaches and if we need to make a change we'll make one.  That's a far cry from what he's been saying the last few weeks.

Just curious..  How can you want to see Fitz start again?  If Geno is as bad as you think he is then we'll go 1-15 and get the pick we want.  What exactly is there to lose?

Just now, Pac said:

he said Fitz is the starter.. then 20 seconds later he said I'll talk with the coaches and if we need to make a change we'll make one.  That's a far cry from what he's been saying the last few weeks.

Just curious..  How can you want to see Fitz start again?  If Geno is as bad as you think he is then we'll go 1-15 and get the pick we want.  What exactly is there to lose?

Fitz can't start. At some point, regardless of how bad Geno is, you have to sit a player down when they are eating this much dick. I think Bowles has lost the team big-time. 

1 minute ago, LionelRichie said:

this is what I just don't get.   Is the D really that void of talent?   What had Macc been doing on 2 years and why can't Bowles work with the players that Macc is getting?   

Burris is on the bench in favor of street FA's.  MacDougal can't be worse than what we saw tonight.   Gilchrist is non-existent, Wilkerson is stealing $, still no team speed, Mauldin + Jenkins aren't really showing much of anything.    

Westoff says that Bowles is not devising a D scheme that uses his players' strengths, but trying to mold the players into his preferred scheme.  The D has talent, but it's not being used to best effect.  The way they're misusing Richardson is a prime example.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Fitz can't start. At some point, regardless of how bad Geno is, you have to sit a player down when they are eating this much dick. I think Bowles has lost the team big-time. 

I thought he lost them after the KC game...

35 minutes ago, Pac said:

So your saying Geno would have gotten 0 points with a full week of reps with the 1's?  Cause that's the only thing worse than we just witnessed with Fitzpatrick.

You guys are nuts.

they are just filled with Geno hate to the point that they could not be objective if their lives depended on it. personally I want petty, but I'm sitting behind a keyboard after watching a pathetic team trying to play football so I have no chance of effecting a change.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sad state affairs we don't deserve this as Jets fans we are all passionate resilient fans.

You spent the summer insisting that Geno was a good QB based on hypothetical nonsense. Then he came in to relieve Fitz, and played even worse than him. I think you deserve 100% of what you got.

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Geno should start next game. Unfair to evaluate the guy being put in a game with 6 minutes to go and down 28-3. Fitz has been awful and we are 1-5 so nothing to lose.

This makes too much sense right now.  Please come back tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

First Bowles said Fitz is starting next week. I didn't like Geno's behavior on the sideline. He's a me first individual. But he was interviewed after the game and asked about it and did a good job answering questions. As usual he didn't play that well. But Fitz has been so ineffective if me I'd give Geno the start. 

Archived