I think we saw enough of Geno. Time for petty

funaz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitz and Smith are useless. They're not in our future. The season is over. I hate to be negative but this team is a bottom 5 team in the entire league as we speak. We need to get something out of this season and that's finding out whether Petty is the man for the job or not. 

5 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Honestly I wouldnt throw Petty out there.  It's a recipe for a disaster.  It would just make him look bad.  This team can't protect and these young receivers don't run good routes.

Lol, I wonder just what they think Petty would have done tonight or coming in under similar circumstances.   Let the guy get up to speed the next few weeks; if Geno sucks like everyone is expecting him to do, then Petty will be next man up and I all for it.  

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Bring it on next week. Whatever the staff decides. But as long as it isn't Fitz. Need to figure out the future at QB. The future is now.

The Fitz era ended tonight.

Glad so many JN posters got what they so deeply wanted this year.  At least they have that.

Good luck to Geno.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Glad so many JN posters got what they so deeply wanted this year.  At least they have that.

Good luck to Geno.

Because we were smart enough to realize they never should have signed him and said so.  

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

This place is going to be near-suicidal when it realizes Petty is a career backup. 

If he is, he is. Still served best by having it confirmed, and getting this career backup some live action.

Besides, we just gave a backup $12M for the season so a cheap one wouldn't make us suicidal. It just means go harder after another QB in the offseason, which most of us are hoping they do anyway.

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Bring it on next week. Whatever the staff decides. But as long as it isn't Fitz. Need to figure out the future at QB. The future is now.

What future? The team has maxed out their cap and has no young talent. Idzik had the right idea and we ran him out of town. We have enetered Tannenbaum land again.

13 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

This place is going to be near-suicidal when it realizes Petty is a career backup. 

Not if the Jets manage to finish 2-14 and put themselves into position to draft a potential franchise QB at #1 or #2 overall.  Then there will be hope around here...

I will finally have some hope, assuming they don't draft the QB I like the least.

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Good luck to Geno.

Actually it was just the Geno era that ended tonight.

Fitz is starting again next week.

What future? The team has maxed out their cap and has no young talent. Idzik had the right idea and we ran him out of town. We have enetered Tannenbaum land again.

WTF? Idzik never had a right idea in his life. What was his right idea? to piss away 20 draft picks?  It is the Idzik hole that McCagnan is trying to dig this team out of.  Idzik is the Rich Kotite of GMs. Are you old enough to know who that is?

30 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Because we were smart enough to realize they never should have signed him and said so.  

Too bad you weren't smart enough to foresee how dogsh*t our "Elite" Defense, Forte, WR-hands, team health and Coaching staff would be too.

Then you might have actually earned all that masturbating self-congratulatory back-slapping you and the other root-against-us-because-Fitz 'fans' have been giving yourselves.

35 minutes ago, cant wait said:

The entire offensive gameplan needs an overhaul if fitz is out at QB. this team has WR's and needs to open things up and start stretching the field 

the Jets play out of 4-wide formation more than the rest of league, but they need to "open up"

oh, you're talking about deep ballllllzzzzzzzz... 

36 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Cool, well, you got the disaster of a season you wanted, so you could be right on the internet. Except, that Geno sucks just as bad still. So... it's kind of a push. 

But don't let that reality infringe on the victory lap for you guys. 1-5 WOOHOOOOO!!!! AWESOME FANS!!!!! 

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Good luck to Geno.

errmmm.

actually what we wanted was for Fitz to not be what we knew he was.

what happened was he was many degrees worse. 

Nice to see you've finally come around.  Start Geno.  Period.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Cool, well, you got the disaster of a season you wanted, so you could be right on the internet. Except, that Geno sucks just as bad still. So... it's kind of a push. 

no he doesn't.

just admit defeat.  or at least pull an 80 and disappear for a while.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Too bad you weren't smart enough to foresee how dogsh*t our "Elite" Defense, Forte, WR-hands, team health and Coaching staff would be too.

Then you might have actually earned all that masturbating self-congratulatory back-slapping you and the other root-against-us-because-Fitz 'fans' have been giving yourselves.

Your sanctimonious know it all ass was wrong. Deal with it. Fitz should NEVER have been resigned; even Stevie Wonder can see that.  Now do me favor and GFY

Just now, Pac said:

no he doesn't.

just admit defeat.  or at least pull an 80 and disappear for a while.

Not my style. 

Geno looked like dogsh*t, as expected. We're in a bad place as a football team. If you want to pretend the reality is something else, that's cool. That's the world you live in.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

actually what we wanted was for Fitz to not be what we knew he was.

I don't believe that for a second.  We have a contingent here who has rooted against us all season long because of Fitz.

Well, they got what they wanted.  Fitz failed horribly and spectacularly.  His career is over.

Lets see how Geno does.  

Archived